ImageImageImageImage

Nikola Vucevic Appreciation Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: Nikola Vucevic Appreciation Thread 

Post#121 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Vuc clearly loved Orlando in a way other stars **caugh**Dwight**caugh** will never understand.

I hear T-Mac talk on his shows about Orlando with a fondness that makes me smile. I don’t expect to hear the same from Dwight when his career ends even though his best days were here.
MaKiaVeLi7
Senior
And1: 417

Post#122 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:32 pm

thelead wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Put him in the Magic hall of fame, give him a role in the organisation once he retires, maybe even bring him back for cheap later in his career if it makes sense for us, but I'm not on board with jersey retirement. I just don't think he achieved enough for that honour. Especially if we're not even going to retire Dwight's number.

100%

To add, he deserves a standing ovation with a tribute video next year when the arena is packed with fans.

Why not a modern art statue of some kind in front of the Amway arena? I think he deserves it more than any other Magic player in history. He's the most accomplished and loyal player in the club's existence.

I also think Orlandoans will welcome such a decision for a statue and would not oppose it.
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,387

Post#123 » by GelbeWand09 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 pm

MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
thelead wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Put him in the Magic hall of fame, give him a role in the organisation once he retires, maybe even bring him back for cheap later in his career if it makes sense for us, but I'm not on board with jersey retirement. I just don't think he achieved enough for that honour. Especially if we're not even going to retire Dwight's number.

100%

To add, he deserves a standing ovation with a tribute video next year when the arena is packed with fans.

Why not a modern art statue of some kind in front of the Amway arena? I think he deserves it more than any other Magic player in history. He's the most accomplished and loyal player in the club's existence.

I also think Orlandoans will welcome such a decision for a statue and would not oppose it.

:o
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,943

Post#124 » by p0peye » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 pm

MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
thelead wrote:

100%

He's three rings short of that, if you ask me.
MaKiaVeLi7
Senior
And1: 417

Post#125 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:50 pm

p0peye wrote:
MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
thelead wrote:100%

He's three rings short of that, if you ask me.

Maybe...maybe not.

Don't forget The Magic are neither the Lakers, nor the Celtics, nor the Jrodan's Bulls dynasty... The bar is not that high for the franchise. Vuc needs to be memorized in some artistic way. I don't believe multiple rings should be the only standard for a person's impact and contribution to deserve a commemoration.
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,429

Post#126 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Put Vuc in the Orlando Magic hall of fame and call it a day. Some of you are delusional saying he needs a statue or jersey being retired. He was a good player and he elevated his game here. But he's not a featured player. We only had 2 playoffs wins with him here and he wasn't even good for 1 of the series.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#127 » by Skin » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:44 pm

Dwight shouldn't go up there there because the way he exited left a bad taste and memory in everyone's mouths. I was a HUGE Dwight supporter and wanted to continue to build around him but he acted like a petulant little child and I hoped nothing for the worst for him on the way out. Vuc exited gracefully and the memory of his Magic career can be respected.

I'm ok with Armstrong, Jameer getting in too. No to Shard, Hedo...

If we based in on playoff wins, T-Mac would not be deserving.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#128 » by basketballRob » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 pm

JJ played here 7 years and didn't want to go either. I remember hearing he wanted to stay for the rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#129 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:21 am

basketballRob wrote:JJ played here 7 years and didn't want to go either. I remember hearing he wanted to stay for the rebuild.

Wait really? Where did you hear that?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#130 » by basketballRob » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 am

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:JJ played here 7 years and didn't want to go either. I remember hearing he wanted to stay for the rebuild.

I heard it before he was traded. JJ thought he could stay and help the young guys. Hennigan didn't want any veterans here that could help win games, because we were tanking. JJ loved it here and didn't want to go and Milwaukee wasn't a real good situation.

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#131 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:32 am

he's definitely gonna be my next jersey!

Happy i can most lifely get it for a discount. lol
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#132 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:33 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I heard it before he was traded. JJ thought he could stay and help the young guys. Hennigan didn't want any veterans here that could help win games, because we were tanking. JJ loved it here and didn't want to go and Milwaukee wasn't a real good situation.

I think thats why our rebuild wasnt that succesful.. we lacked the vets to guide the young ones with the proper attitude, profrssionalism and work ethic which JJ could have imparted to guys likr AG and EP. Ibaka and Biyombo are not the right vets for that.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#133 » by basketballRob » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:37 am

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I think thats why our rebuild wasnt that succesful.. we lacked the vets to guide the young ones with the proper attitude, profrssionalism and work ethic which JJ could have imparted to guys likr AG and EP. Ibaka and Biyombo are not the right vets for that.
JJ would've been the perfect vet. You can research his comments after he got traded. He talked about how emotional and hard it was to leave the friends he made. He also said, he came here a boy and was leaving a man.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#134 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I heard it before he was traded. JJ thought he could stay and help the young guys. Hennigan didn't want any veterans here that could help win games, because we were tanking. JJ loved it here and didn't want to go and Milwaukee wasn't a real good situation.

JJ would've been the perfect vet. You can research his comments after he got traded. He talked about how emotional and hard it was to leave the friends he made. He also said, he came here a boy and was leaving a man.

wow thats sounds just like Vuc.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#135 » by basketballRob » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:41 am

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

wow thats sounds just like Vuc.
It was almost word for word the same.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#136 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am

see.. we get these kind of players that love this team.and org.but our super stars like shaq tmac and d12 does totally the opposite.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#137 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:39 am

Please retire his freaking jersey and give him a job in the organization after he retires. Also have him sign like a one day contract with the team once he decides to hang it up so he can retire in a Magic uniform. Truly a shame that he won't play the rest of his career in Orlando.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#138 » by SD2042 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:56 pm

fateis007 wrote:sad to see vooch go, i would have been ok with just cutting ross,aminu,fournier, and gordan and keeping him. it would be nice to see someone retire here for once.

It's a possible chance that perhaps he could sign a one day contract and retire with the Magic like the way Paul Pierce did with the Celtics. Who knows what the future will bring.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#139 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:39 am

SD2042 wrote:
fateis007 wrote:sad to see vooch go, i would have been ok with just cutting ross,aminu,fournier, and gordan and keeping him. it would be nice to see someone retire here for once.

It's a possible chance that perhaps he could sign a one day contract and retire with the Magic like the way Paul Pierce did with the Celtics. Who knows what the future will bring.

I sure hope this will happen!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CLosP
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#140 » by CLosP » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:42 pm

MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:
thelead wrote:

100%

Orlando would look beyond pathetic giving this man a statue. Retire his jersey maybe but my goodness. The standards for this organization are so low we are going to build statues of fringe All Stars lol.

Return to Orlando Magic