Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,096

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1681 » by Hugi Mancura » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:
Today Ball and DeRozan would be good bets, any team that makes a trade could end up cutting loose somebody else that would fit it as well or better. I think those two get very different contracts, Ball you want to have around for 5 years, but you wouldn't want to have to bid up the price because another team is in competition. DeRozan is 36? he fits well for a team that doesn't have a FRP next year but could draft his replacement in 2022.

DeRozan probably gets a 3 or 4 year deal. He’s 31 years old, but he doesn’t look like he’s slowing down. His evolution as a passer also fits AKs archetype. He would be an ideal veteran to mentor Troy Brown Jr. & Patrick Williams too. The combination of DeRozan, LaVine, & Voochs passing ability might allow Coby to handle point guard (assuming he develops some after another offseason).

As much as I like DeRozan's fit offensively, it would be a major problem on defense. I do think it's an intriguing possibility, and I agree the Spurs are a good S&T partner for a Lauri trade, but both of their prime candidates (Mills and DeRozan) would be problematic defensively.

Both Mills and DeRozan are free agents. Mills probably doesn't ask that much, but I don't DeRozen will take a pay cut from last year, so it would be around 30M to sign him. If Bulls go for S&T with Spurs Bulls will probably get back trade exception.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1682 » by gobullschi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:54 am

Trade #1:

Chicago Receives:
S&T DeMar DeRozan

San Antonio Receives:
S&T Lauri Markkanen

Trade #2:

Chicago Receives:
S&T Lonzo Ball

New Orleans Receives:
Tomas Satoransky, Coby White, & Ryan Arcidiacano

Lonzo Ball / 2nd Round Pick
Zach LaVine / Troy Brown Jr.
DeMar DeRozan / Al-Farouq Aminu
Patrick Williams / Thaddeus Young
Nikola Vucevic / Marko Simonovic
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1683 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:02 am

gobullschi wrote:Trade #1:

Chicago Receives:
S&T DeMar DeRozan

San Antonio Receives:
S&T Lauri Markkanen

Trade #2:

Chicago Receives:
S&T Lonzo Ball

New Orleans Receives:

Really concerned about the defense on that team, but damn, that's a lot of talent.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1684 » by sco » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:31 pm

I'm thinking it's time to risk throwing out the baby with the bath water. I would like to see if we could nab a very good player in trade for White/Williams/filler. We don't have 1st rounders but maybe we could turn Sato and our 2nd into a late 1st?
:clap:
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1685 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Look, I've always disliked Rondo. Always. His signing marked the exact time that I completely turned against GarPax (I was neutral towards them). And he now declined so much that he became barely playable, apparently.

Now, having said that, let's turn to today's Hollinger column in The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/2482507/2021/03/29/will-nets-lakers-be-haunted-by-ghosts-of-buyouts-past-plus-analyzing-thunders-moses-brown-and-fsus-scottie-barnes?source=emp-shared-article

"Enter Rondo. His contract lets the Clippers walk into the 2021 draft – one of the few in which the Clippers will actually have their own pick – and start swinging. Along with the pick, Rondo can be traded alone for up to $10.3 million in returning salary, or combined with other minimums (Daniel Oturu or Terance Mann, for example) to bring back a player with a salary in the mid-teens. "

If Aminu proves to be playable, we could trade him for Rondo and the Clippers pick dung the draft.
We now have Pat Will, Markannen and Thad to play at the 4. Even if Lauri is gone, we probably have enough minutes already there. Unlike at the 1. And as bad as Rondo is, having him as a 3rd stringer might not be that bad (believe, it hurts me to write that).

The reason I bring this up is that we'll have to be creative to improve our roster as a probable over the cap team. And this year's draft has quite a bunch of interesting players projected to go 20-45. With a second rounder and a late 1st, we can even move up a few spots (or even more if we add other assets, like Coby) and nab someone AK view as a true difference maker that slipped.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1686 » by gobullschi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Trade #1:

Chicago Receives:
S&T DeMar DeRozan

San Antonio Receives:
S&T Lauri Markkanen

Trade #2:

Chicago Receives:
S&T Lonzo Ball

New Orleans Receives:

Really concerned about the defense on that team, but damn, that's a lot of talent.

Lonzo Ball, Patrick Williams, Troy Brown Jr., Al-Farouq Aminu, & Thaddeus Young are all solid defensive players.

Based on some of the leaked rumors at the deadline, it’s possible AK has already explored these trade scenarios. At AKs press conference, he certainly made it seem like the Bulls weren’t done making moves.

Read on Twitter

[tweet]
Read on Twitter

This roster would lead to some really enjoyable basketball. Lonzo can push the ball in transition, Vooch gives inside - outside scoring, most of the roster are above average passers for solid ball movement, & there is plenty of outside shooting.

The mix of veterans and young talent creates an ideal player development environment. Vucevic would be the ideal veteran for Simonovic to learn behind. DeRozan would be an ideal veteran for Troy Brown Jr. to learn behind. Aminu, Young, and DeRozan are also ideal veterans to help mentor Patrick Williams.

Bench depth would be the main issue with these trades, especially after 2022. Troy Brown Jr. and Marko Simonovic turning into solid rotational pieces would be critical.
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#1687 » by jStuNNa » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:26 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:
If the Bulls can't get Lonzo, which should be the first option, another name to watch for will be Devonte Graham. I know he doesn't provide the size that Lonzo does, but he checks a lot of boxes. His future in Charlotte is uncertain after this season.

Completely agree, I was coming here to post about this. I like Lonzo, but I think Graham would be more cost effective, and Charlotte might be a better fit for Markannen.

36%FG% DeVonte Graham? Wjat boxes does he really check? That's quite far down the list of guys I think the Bulls should target.

He's 26, shoots 38% from 3, has one of the better assist to turnover ratios in the league, averaged 7.5 apg last season before Melo arrived, and can light it up offensively. I didn't say he checks every box, but he does check a lot as I just listed.

I still believe Lonzo is the target and there's a significant chance he becomes a Bull this offseason.

If he doesn't though, the list becomes players such as Graham, Schroder, Rozier, Dinwiddie, etc.

Dinwiddie is coming off an ACL, Schroder isn't a great three point shooter, Rozier isn't a high assist guy. So all of these players have holes in their game or other concerns as with Dinwiddie.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1688 » by sco » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:57 pm

jStuNNa wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
Completely agree, I was coming here to post about this. I like Lonzo, but I think Graham would be more cost effective, and Charlotte might be a better fit for Markannen.

36%FG% DeVonte Graham? Wjat boxes does he really check? That's quite far down the list of guys I think the Bulls should target.

He's 26, shoots 38% from 3, has one of the better assist to turnover ratios in the league, averaged 7.5 apg last season before Melo arrived, and can light it up offensively. I didn't say he checks every box, but he does check a lot as I just listed.

I still believe Lonzo is the target and there's a significant chance he becomes a Bull this offseason.

If he doesn't though, the list becomes players such as Graham, Schroder, Rozier, Dinwiddie, etc.

Dinwiddie is coming off an ACL, Schroder isn't a great three point shooter, Rozier isn't a high assist guy. So all of these players have holes in their game or other concerns as with Dinwiddie.

I'm with you on the list. I look at the list and wonder if we are better off with Sato, and spending that money on several 1 year deals with guys to help next year, but give us flexibility the following season.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1689 » by gobullschi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42 pm

jStuNNa wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:

I’m not overly familiar with Graham. How is his defense? Is his scoring contingent on his three point shot falling? I’m trying to understand why his field goal percentage is so awful. What kind of contract will he demand?
jStuNNa
Head Coach

Post#1690 » by jStuNNa » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:17 pm

gobullschi wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

I’m not overly familiar with Graham. How is his defense? Is his scoring contingent on his three point shot falling? I’m trying to understand why his field goal percentage is so awful. What kind of contract will he demand?

Eh, he's not a liability on defense, but I wouldn't call him a good defender. And yeah, I would say his scoring is heavily dependent on three point shooting. He's also a decent free throw shooter, but doesn't get to the line much.

I think if the Hornets don't keep him, he'll be very affordable though... and with his ability to score and rack up assists, he could turn out to be a good signing.

Rozier, on the other hand gives you defense, toughness and better shooting percentages. He just don't provide the same assist numbers. You'd also have to trade for him since he won't be a free agent til 2022.

That's why Lonzo really makes the most sense. I just don't know how the Bulls S/T for him since it didn't seem like the Pelicans had much interest in acquiring Lauri for him this past trade deadline. You'd probably have to bring in a third team that wants Lauri and has players or picks that the Pelicans want.
jStuNNa
Head Coach

Post#1691 » by jStuNNa » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 pm

sco wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

I'm with you on the list. I look at the list and wonder if we are better off with Sato, and spending that money on several 1 year deals with guys to help next year, but give us flexibility the following season.

I was thinking along those same lines. Hopefully the Bulls don't buy into the idea that they need a PG so badly that it justifies overpaying a PG that they're not high on.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1692 » by gobullschi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:06 pm

jStuNNa wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:

Eh, he's not a liability on defense, but I wouldn't call him a good defender. And yeah, I would say his scoring is heavily dependent on three point shooting. He's also a decent free throw shooter, but doesn't get to the line much.

I think if the Hornets don't keep him, he'll be very affordable though... and with his ability to score and rack up assists, he could turn out to be a good signing.

Rozier, on the other hand gives you defense, toughness and better shooting percentages. He just don't provide the same assist numbers. You'd also have to trade for him since he won't be a free agent til 2022.

That's why Lonzo really makes the most sense. I just don't know how the Bulls S/T for him since it didn't seem like the Pelicans had much interest in acquiring Lauri for him this past trade deadline. You'd probably have to bring in a third team that wants Lauri and has players or picks that the Pelicans want.

DeVonte Graham would be a decent option if he could be signed to a really good contract.

I think New Orleans played hard ball and nobody caved. Also, maybe they weren’t interested in acquiring Markkanen. It’s pretty clear that Lonzo isn’t happy in New Orleans.

If you look at the two trades I posted above, I outlined a deal where the Bulls send Coby White + Sato + Arcidiacano for Lonzo Ball. This gives New Orleans another guard that can shoot from deep to put next to Zion.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1693 » by Almost Retired » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Not my idea but on a different thread a poster suggested trying to buy out and bring over Vasilije Micic from Europe. AK needs to see what the Thunder want for his rights and what his buy out would cost. Him, Zach and Vooch would be devastating. He's 27 and has put the NBA off possibly waiting for the right fit. The Bulls could be that fit. The guy is legit. And he wouldn't cost us $20 Million a year. Giving us the financial flexibility to keep Lauri if he can coexist with Vooch.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1694 » by gobullschi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:49 pm

The biggest problem with the Vooch trade is that the Bulls two all-stars are primarily offensive oriented players that can struggle on the defensive end. IMO, they should target young defensive oriented players with offensive upside.

1.) S&T Lauri Markkanen for Kelly Oubre
2.) Aminu + White + Arci for Lonzo Ball (S&T)

Lonzo Ball / Tomas Satoransky
Zach LaVine / Javonte Green / Garrett Temple
Kelly Oubre / Troy Brown Jr.
Nikola Vucevic / Marko Simonović

Bulls gamble on developing Williams, Oubre, Ball, or Brown into their ‘third star’.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1695 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:21 am

sco wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

I think sato fits very well here, but he might be a luxury we cant afford if we want a true upgrade at pg.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1696 » by ZOMG » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:29 am

Almost Retired wrote:Not my idea but on a different thread a poster suggested trying to buy out and bring over Vasilije Micic from Europe. AK needs to see what the Thunder want for his rights and what his buy out would cost. Him, Zach and Vooch would be devastating. He's 27 and has put the NBA off possibly waiting for the right fit. The Bulls could be that fit. The guy is legit. And he wouldn't cost us $20 Million a year. Giving us the financial flexibility to keep Lauri if he can coexist with Vooch.

Micic doesn't have the footspeed or athlecism to play SF in the NBA, let alone SG.

Did I mention he doesn't play defense?
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1697 » by Almost Retired » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:04 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:Not my idea but on a different thread a poster suggested trying to buy out and bring over Vasilije Micic from Europe. AK needs to see what the Thunder want for his rights and what his buy out would cost. Him, Zach and Vooch would be devastating. He's 27 and has put the NBA off possibly waiting for the right fit. The Bulls could be that fit. The guy is legit. And he wouldn't cost us $20 Million a year. Giving us the financial flexibility to keep Lauri if he can coexist with Vooch.

Micic doesn't have the footspeed or athlecism to play SF in the NBA, let alone SG.

Did I mention he doesn't play defense?

I'd bring Micic in as a PG. To play alongside Zach. Foot speed isn't the be all and end all trait that makes a successful player. Is Chris Paul, at his current age, by any means a speed demon? Is Doncic? Was Larry Bird? High BBIQ, knowing the play that's developing and anticipation can make up for 0.5 seconds on your 40 time. Micic can shoot, he can drive, he can pass, he's tall, and from the videos I've seen he looks athletic enough. I think for $6 - 8 Million a year for 2 years he's worth a shot. The guy may have something to prove. And he might develop some real chemistry with Vooch...and Zach. His defense certainly wouldn't be any worse than Coby. And we can probably add DeJon Jarreau as undrafted Free Agent for defensive substitution. That man plays some serious defense, has length, speed and can shoot enough to keep teams honest. I know Jarreau is older but I haven't seen him on any mocks, even down through the second round.
patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Post#1698 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:15 am

If I did the math right and assuming the cap is 112 this trade should work money-wise.

Aminu, Brown, Sato, White, and Wizards 1st to the Mavs
Nothing to the Wizards (cap relief)
Porzingis and Westbrook to the Bull

Sign Rose to the MLE
Sign Torrey Craig to the MMLE
Sign Batum to the vet min
Resign Theis using bird rights

Westbrook/Rose/Arci
Lavine/Craig
Williams/Batum
Porzingis/Young
Vuc/Theis
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1699 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:26 am

patryk7754 wrote:If I did the math right and assuming the cap is 112 this trade should work money-wise.

Aminu, Brown, Sato, White, and Wizards 1st to the Mavs
Nothing to the Wizards (cap relief)
Porzingis and Westbrook to the Bull

Sign Rose to the MLE
Sign Torrey Craig to the MMLE
Sign Batum to the vet min
Resign Theis using bird rights

Westbrook/Rose/Arci
Lavine/Craig
Williams/Batum
Porzingis/Young
Vuc/Theis

Beyond horrible idea.. Also you would have basically 5 PF in there, with Craig being a SF, not SG. Porzingis injury high risk.. Westbrook stat padding, not winning BB..
Bulls619sd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1700 » by Bulls619sd » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:08 pm

I can't help but think big, I'm thinking Kawhi Leonard is a possibility. We've got two All-Stars that are inside and out, some nice veterans, good coaching. Of course Kawhi Leonard would have to want to come here, and a whole lot of recruiting would have to happen. Lauri, White, Aminu, and some pics for Kawhi Leonard.

Sato/vet/Archie
Lavine,Temple/Green
Kawhi/Brown/Valintine
Young/Williams/second pick
Vuch/Theis/Marko

If possible fit another vet or two in there

Return to Chicago Bulls