ImageImageImage

Potential Buyout Guys

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,202

Re: Potential Buyout Guys 

Post#181 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:48 am

Unless Clips buy out Kawhi, I think we're good. Just force Stevens to play Langford and Nesmith. Get one of them ready to be in the playoff rotation as a 9th or 10th guy.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

Post#182 » by robbie84 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:30 am

Al horford might get bought out by okc.
They already told him he'll never play another game for them.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#183 » by jfs1000d » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:49 am

robbie84 wrote:Al horford might get bought out by okc.

That’s the perfect guy tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#184 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:51 am

robbie84 wrote:Al horford might get bought out by okc.

I'm guessing he stays put for now and they'll try to find a trade partner in the offseason.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,833

Post#185 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:24 pm

DeMarcus Cousins was averaging 8.5 three point attempts per 36 minutes this season in Houston while hitting on 33% of them.

This Celtics team doesn’t need to have Cousins and Smart taking turns chucking up three pointers. Hard pass on DMC.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#186 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Read on Twitter
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#187 » by ddb » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:50 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:DeMarcus Cousins was averaging 8.5 three point attempts per 36 minutes this season in Houston while hitting on 33% of them.

This Celtics team doesn’t need to have Cousins and Smart taking turns chucking up three pointers. Hard pass on DMC.

I agree. I still think the best approach for Boston in the buyout market is to try to bring in a veteran guard. I like the group of bigs right now with Timelord starting, Tristian being the veteran bruiser off the bench, and Wagner/Kornet being the floor spacing bigs when needed. Even throwing in Taco occasionally for spot minutes can be beneficial to the team as opposing defenses need to be aware of the lob to Taco at all times. So I don't think a bigman should be the top target in the buyout market for Boston.

I really like Pritchard, but after Kemba/Smart I just think this team really needs a veteran guard for the playoffs that's been there, done that. Maybe a reunion with Avery Bradley? Or if any decent PG's become available I'd explore that option....
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#188 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:52 pm

ddb wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:DeMarcus Cousins was averaging 8.5 three point attempts per 36 minutes this season in Houston while hitting on 33% of them.

I agree. I still think the best approach for Boston in the buyout market is to try to bring in a veteran guard. I like the group of bigs right now with Timelord starting, Tristian being the veteran bruiser off the bench, and Wagner/Kornet being the floor spacing bigs when needed. Even throwing in Taco occasionally for spot minutes can be beneficial to the team as opposing defenses need to be aware of the lob to Taco at all times. So I don't think a bigman should be the top target in the buyout market for Boston.

I really like Pritchard, but after Kemba/Smart I just think this team really needs a veteran guard for the playoffs that's been there, done that. Maybe a reunion with Avery Bradley? Or if any decent PG's become available I'd explore that option....

Who gets cut? Wagner? Kornet? Edwards?
ddb
RealGM

Post#189 » by ddb » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
ddb wrote:

Who gets cut? Wagner? Kornet? Edwards?

Semi would be the easiest to part ways with contract wise, and I'd be okay with that. I view Semi & Grant as essentially playing the same role and doing the same things out there. So committing to Grant for those minutes I'm 100% fine with. He's the player with more upside anyway.
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#190 » by jfs1000d » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:34 pm

ddb wrote:

I am with you DDB. What happens if Kemba or smart get injured.

Looks like Ainge is feeling a little better abo it Edwards and Nesmith.

Edwards might get some burn as a 3-point shooter.

The entire bench can all shoot 3s.

Smart
PP
Edwards
Nesmith
Kornet
Wagner
Semi
Grant

That’s a lot of shooters. We added 3.

ddb
RealGM

Post#191 » by ddb » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
ddb wrote:

I am with you DDB. What happens if Kemba or smart get injured.

Looks like Ainge is feeling a little better abo it Edwards and Nesmith.

Edwards might get some burn as a 3-point shooter.

The entire bench can all shoot 3s.

Smart
PP
Edwards
Nesmith
Kornet
Wagner
Semi
Grant

That’s a lot of shooters. We added 3.

I'd say it certainly seems like the Celtics are also ready to give Romeo Langford an opportunity when he returns (if ever lol). Like a real opportunity. Seems like they have been impressed with the limited minutes he had in the bubble...and of course they see him everyday in the gym so they probably feel better about giving him a shot then we do. And even though Romeo isn't a natural PG, he does feature pretty solid ball handling skills, so they probably envision him as a secondary ball handler. So perhaps between Fournier & Langford they felt like that ball handling would be enough to get rid of Teague.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#192 » by playa-hater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:19 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

that is pathetic. had no idea he was that bad.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#193 » by playa-hater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:22 pm

that actually is a perfect comparison on offense. Though Cousins is the worst Perimeter defender on defense.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#194 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Unless someone unexpectedly gets bought out next week the buyout market is effectively dead.

Good news for Wagner and Kornet.
LenBiasRIP
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#195 » by LenBiasRIP » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:56 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This dude sounds like he’s full of ****. Lol at some of his other tweets.

Read on Twitter

Sounds about right. :lol:
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#196 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:59 pm

'Expected to consider.'

What a bold statement to make.

Boogies is so washed up that he can only get a 10-day contract at this point.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#197 » by jfs1000d » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:06 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:'Expected to consider.'

What a bold statement to make.

Boogies is so washed up that he can only get a 10-day contract at this point.

People will put up with your personality when you are a big-time producer. But when you become a replaceable cog in the wheel, how on earth would youtake someone with a history?
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#198 » by JHTruth » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Can't believe people got excited about a completely washed Boogie Cousins. Embarassing
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#199 » by 31to6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 pm

Can’t believe people talked like our sub.500 team would have its choice of buyout guys. “End of the line, peck!”
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#200 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 pm

31to6 wrote:Can’t believe people talked like our sub.500 team would have its choice of buyout guys. “End of the line, peck!”

Return to Boston Celtics