ImageImageImage

[SHAMS] Reddit, Lyles to Mavs for JJ, Iwundu,2nd rd pick

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Re: [SHAMS] Reddit, Lyles to Mavs for JJ, Iwundu,2nd rd pick 

Post#61 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:39 pm

Don't worry my friend, the good part of the trade is Nic Melli... Just like Powell in the Rondo trade e Timmy in the KP trade :lol: :lol: :lol:
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#62 » by ACMFFL » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Hi guys, Italian guy here :wink:

Mamma mia, an italian Mavs fan, I'm no longer alone xD

Benvenuto compare :beer:
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 pm

ACM_Dirk wrote:

Pochi ma buoni :wink:
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#64 » by DrPampiloni » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:00 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ACM_Dirk wrote:

Pochi ma buoni :wink:

There's three of us.
italy_23
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#65 » by italy_23 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Ok, I‘ve been the lone Italian guy here since forever. Been a passive reader for the last 15 years, but this post has made me come out of retirement :D
Speadge
Junior
And1: 300

Post#66 » by Speadge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Ciao a tutti!
Well, I am not Italian, but just reading you all feels like I am half Italian now :D

On a serious note, Melli had a nice introductional game last night. I hope he will get some decent minutes to show us how good he can be.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Okc is trash (but we lost last week against them) and it was garbage time but i like to see Doncic and KP pass the ball to Melli and appreciate his game.

Waiting next games for updates :wink:
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#68 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 am

How soon till Redick gets to play?

Melli looked decent and may give us another big to use that provides a different look. I like that Kleber can play some at center when KP is resting and with Melli he can have some help at PF that is not too undersized.

WCS has to peak soon to show us something special in one stat or another, especially during the play offs.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#69 » by JD45 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 pm

I guess I should have realized it before, but Tim Cato reported that Redick was unhappy with the trade to the Mavs.

...he was clearly unhappy with the trade, believing he would be bought out and presumably join the Brooklyn Nets. I wouldn’t blame the dude for being mentally taken aback by his next few months changing unexpectedly; not only are the Nets the sort of title contender Dallas is not, but Redick and his family also live in Brooklyn.

https://theathletic.com/2487324/2021/03/31/john-collins-or-lonzo-ball-in-free-agency-will-j-j-redick-play-for-dallas-luka-as-an-nfl-player-mavericks-mailbag/

He still thinks Redick will end up reporting to the Mavs and playing this year. But it shows another questionable aspect to the trade.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,812

Post#70 » by dirkforpres » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:How soon till Redick gets to play?

Melli looked decent and may give us another big to use that provides a different look. I like that Kleber can play some at center when KP is resting and with Melli he can have some help at PF that is not too undersized.

WCS has to peak soon to show us something special in one stat or another, especially during the play offs.

Don’t be surprised if he doesn’t end up playing at all. I know he’s fairly tight with Cuban and Luka, but this wasn’t his preferred team by any means and he’s neither young or healthy anymore. He wanted to be in or around New York for his family, and I think Cuban will let him be at home as long as he wants because of that since it was unlikely he would contribute much on the court anyway.

Best case scenario if he did show up would likely be in a slightly more elevated role than player-coach at this point in his career anyway. This isn’t 25 year old JJ Redick by any means
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#71 » by ejs78 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Everyone is leaving out the best part

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Love that he said this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#72 » by arkuo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 pm

Watched the JJ Reddick podcast just now and he addressed the trade he got invovled in. JJ strikes me as a dude who would complain to get himself in a situation he liked. Ideally in the east coast with his kids going to school in Brooklyn. He mentioned he also talked to David Griffin in during his time in New Orleans and that David promised to send him to a favorable situation that would make him close to his family in the east. Somehow I feel like he's the type of guy who would complain to Cuban if he was in Dallas long term. My gut tells me its a good thing Dallas just has him for the playoffs at least. Cant afford to have another player having special requests. For the guys that remembered Derick Fisher during his short stint with the Mavs, you know what I mean.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,812

Post#73 » by dirkforpres » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:32 pm

arkuo wrote:Watched the JJ Reddick podcast just now and he addressed the trade he got invovled in. JJ strikes me as a dude who would complain to get himself in a situation he liked

Regardless, facts are that he is one of the most popular guys amongst his peers and the players do like to talk to each other. He’s right about what he said about the agents’ trust issues lingering with New Orleans for supposedly not doing what they said they would a few months prior... He shares the same agent as Zion, which could potentially come back and bite them hard.

Redick was unlikely to provide much on-court impact anyway. If the Mavs won’t buy him out, at least let him be home with his family instead, which is what they appear to be doing.

If Melli keeps playing like he did in his debut, then he’s the real prize anyway.
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,311

Post#74 » by Mavrelous » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:09 pm

I don't undrrstand the Pels, they are a young team who would want to veteran FAs to sign, why would you do this to a 37 years old, last 2 months of yhe season when you really didn't need to?
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:11 pm

I don't have any problems with JJ, if he doesn't want play here then he can go to Hollywood or Brooklyn.

We don't need another Rondo or Fisher drama...
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#76 » by ejs78 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:19 pm

JJ is 36 years old and on a good night might get 15 to 20 min.

This isn't another Rondo situation where the team expects a fair amount out of them.

This thing is being totally overblown

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#77 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:28 pm

JJ seems to not be the happiest at the moment because he thought New Orleans would trade him to a preferred destination or buy him out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager

Post#78 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:07 pm

The problem here is JJ picked the bag of money AND wanted his preferred destination at the same time. You cant have both unless you're named Lebron or Kawhi.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#79 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:22 pm

Reddick isn't angry at the Mavs but the Pelicans. It doesn't look like it will be a Rondo or Dantley situation to me.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#80 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:51 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Reddick isn't angry at the Mavs but the Pelicans. It doesn't look like it will be a Rondo or Dantley situation to me.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Cuban released JJ Redick so he could sign with a team of his choosing to establish goodwill with CAA Sports (JJ's agency). Cuban is known to give these concessions to agents. It won't be the first.

I'd like a wink-wink agreement with CAA that if Dallas releases JJ to go to BKN, CAA in exchange will steer guys like Robert Covington to sign with Dallas next year when he becomes UFA. I dont mind having that swap.

Return to Dallas Mavericks