ImageImage

Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge parting ways

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge parting ways 

Post#81 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:26 pm

I still dont understand for the life of me how Skal is unsigned. Was his injury really that bad?

And Moses Brown, my god. That OKC team just keeps finding young, cost controlled guys in the couch lol.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#82 » by d-train » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:01 am

Moses Brown just signed a 4 year completely unguaranteed contract. His agent should be shot by firing squad. How is this good for Moses? He doesn't collect a penny of that contract unless he is good enough to get more money in free agency.
d-train
RealGM

Post#83 » by d-train » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I still dont understand for the life of me how Skal is unsigned. Was his injury really that bad?

And Moses Brown, my god. That OKC team just keeps finding young, cost controlled guys in the couch lol.

I thought Skal is playing in G league. So, he isn't injured. He signed a contract at beginning of season with Knicks, then was dumped.

It appears he isn't any good. We saw he can score.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#84 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 pm

Skal didn't play bad defense either. I liked the guy and would be just fine offering him a spot. He could support both the PF/C positions if necessary. Make it happen!!!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#85 » by Epicurus » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:28 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Skal didn't play bad defense either. I liked the guy and would be just fine offering him a spot. He could support both the PF/C positions if necessary. Make it happen!!!
Yes, add some big depth (making up for no Collins) at low cost. Skal or Noah would fill that bill. Both would help more than continual empty roster space of Lillard's cousin.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#86 » by PDXKnight » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:31 pm

Epicurus wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:Skal didn't play bad defense either. I liked the guy and would be just fine offering him a spot. He could support both the PF/C positions if necessary. Make it happen!!!
Yes, add some big depth (making up for no Collins) at low cost. Skal or Noah would fill that bill. Both would help more than continual empty roster space of Lillard's cousin.

We need a big so with olshey logic we will inevitably go after a tweener guard in the buyout market?
d-train
RealGM

Post#87 » by d-train » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:36 pm

We need a big that is better than Giles. Giles is healthy and ready to play. It's not easy to find what we need. Sometimes you settle for the most useful option available.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#88 » by Epicurus » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:21 pm

d-train wrote:We need a big that is better than Giles. Giles is healthy and ready to play. It's not easy to find what we need. Sometimes you settle for the most useful option available.
I bellieve Giles was on the squad while it was still believed that Collins would play within a month. Thus my opinion that, since Collins is a wash, another replacement big would be beneficial. Three 6'9" or more is not enough, as we have seen in other seasons, heading into the playoffs. Get someone cheap and familiar with a nose for rebounding.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#89 » by Epicurus » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:22 pm

d-train wrote:We need a big that is better than Giles. Giles is healthy and ready to play. It's not easy to find what we need. Sometimes you settle for the most useful option available.
I bellieve Giles was on the squad while it was still believed that Collins would play within a month. Thus my opinion that, since Collins is a wash, another replacement big would be beneficial. Three 6'9" or more is not enough, as we have seen in other seasons, heading into the playoffs. Get someone cheap and familiar with a nose for rebounding.
d-train
RealGM

Post#90 » by d-train » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:47 pm

I wonder if Olshey let Brown go too soon. Anyone see his numbers the last 11 games. When here, he looked like a charity case. I haven't actually saw any of those games, so he might still look like a charity case. He is getting numbers.
d-train
RealGM

Post#91 » by d-train » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:54 pm

Cousins settled for a 10-day contract. One would assume he was available to anyone willing to offer a regular VM contract before he would settle for a 10-day deal.
pinman42
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#92 » by pinman42 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Portland Trail Blazers