Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#101 » by Onibuh » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:10 am

DuckIII wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Brogdon or Siakam
a guy like Rose

I keep seeing this last thing. Let’s just completely ignore that point guards “like Rose” include Rose himself, and instead consider the type of point guard that represents.

That’s still a shoot first, dribble drive point guard, which are not necessarily negative traits, with questionable shooting rage, minus defense, and limited playmaking ability. And for our team, those last three things are negative traits.

Put another way, at this point in their respective careers, and considering our roster, Sato is a much better option.

I'd have Sato starting and that other PG on the bench.
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#102 » by HOTCARL_o » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 am

Mk0 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Mk0 wrote:Dude just spent 17 mil on a mansion in the palisades.
https://patch.com/california/pacificpalisades/kawhi-leonard-buys-pacific-palisades-home-17-million

To go along with his 6.725 million dollar penthouse across the street from the Staples Center.
https://homeofplaymakers.com/inside-look-at-clippers-superstar-kawhi-leonards-new-penthouse/6

As well as his 13.3 million dollar 5 acre family compound near San Diego.
https://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-kawhi-leonard-rancho-santa-fe-home-20190124-story.html

Miami is the only franchise and city that could make a recruitment case.

Yeah, he got 3 places in SoCal to go to Miami? Sneaky......

I was backing your point, that was why I put all the links.

I don't think he is going anywhere. Miami is a dark horse candidate considering lifestyle, FO and talent pool. But that is a long shot.

He’s got a ring and made a lot of money. He wants to stay close to family and as long as the Clippers are competitive I think he’s content.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,354

Post#103 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 pm

HOTCARL_o wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
TheStig wrote:Yeah, he got 3 places in SoCal to go to Miami? Sneaky......

I was backing your point, that was why I put all the links.

I don't think he is going anywhere. Miami is a dark horse candidate considering lifestyle, FO and talent pool. But that is a long shot.

He’s got a ring and made a lot of money. He wants to stay close to family and as long as the Clippers are competitive I think he’s content.

I do think 3 tings with 3 teams is the only other motivating factor for him. While outside of the Lakers (and I do agree West would be hard pressed to agree to a sign and trade) and a long shot of Miami he isn't going anywhere else, but he did intentionally sign a 1 and 1 and Kawhi isn't a guy who does anything because he is just trendy. He did it primarily because he could then control his situation with the clippers and have leverage with the I'll just walk if you don't keep the team competitive, but he also isn't bluffing. Obviously the Clippers have tried to meet all his demands thus far. I think he is happy with a WCF's appearance but if it was an ugly playoff run he could bolt, but those options are very limited.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#104 » by coldfish » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:21 pm

As I said in the Vucevic thread, how I expect the team to work is for them to continue the high post motion offense. Vucevic will function as point center. Playing off him you will have two guards working at the elbows and two forwards working the baseline.

The characteristics you want:
- Good moving off ball
- Good defender, both man and help
- Good 3p shooter

Pat, ostensibly fills one hole. IMO, Sato fills another just fine. The big glaring hole is at PF. The Bulls need an off ball 3 and D guy for that role. Not sure who fits that bill. Its not Thad, who functionally should be your back up high post guy. Its not Markkanen due to defense.

How has Bobby Portis' defense been?
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#105 » by TheStig » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
HOTCARL_o wrote:
Mk0 wrote:I was backing your point, that was why I put all the links.

I do think 3 tings with 3 teams is the only other motivating factor for him. While outside of the Lakers (and I do agree West would be hard pressed to agree to a sign and trade) and a long shot of Miami he isn't going anywhere else, but he did intentionally sign a 1 and 1 and Kawhi isn't a guy who does anything because he is just trendy. He did it primarily because he could then control his situation with the clippers and have leverage with the I'll just walk if you don't keep the team competitive, but he also isn't bluffing. Obviously the Clippers have tried to meet all his demands thus far. I think he is happy with a WCF's appearance but if it was an ugly playoff run he could bolt, but those options are very limited.

The big reason to sign the one and one deals is money. He is eligible for 5% more of the cap when he becomes an FA this summer. Players like to time their FA to their 10th year to get that really good deal.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#106 » by RSP83 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:03 pm

coldfish wrote:As I said in the Vucevic thread, how I expect the team to work is for them to continue the high post motion offense. Vucevic will function as point center. Playing off him you will have two guards working at the elbows and two forwards working the baseline.

- Good moving off ball
- Good 3p shooter

Pat, ostensibly fills one hole. IMO, Sato fills another just fine. The big glaring hole is at PF. The Bulls need an off ball 3 and D guy for that role. Not sure who fits that bill. Its not Thad, who functionally should be your back up high post guy. Its not Markkanen due to defense.

Do you think AK still has a trick up his sleeve to bring Jerami Grant here? He's the perfect 3&d combo forward.

EDIT: I'll give Vonleh a shot to audition for the 3&D PF role.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#107 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:05 pm

RSP83 wrote:
coldfish wrote:As I said in the Vucevic thread, how I expect the team to work is for them to continue the high post motion offense. Vucevic will function as point center. Playing off him you will have two guards working at the elbows and two forwards working the baseline.

- Good moving off ball
- Good 3p shooter

Do you think AK still has a trick up his sleeve to bring Jerami Grant here? He's the perfect 3&d combo forward.

Or give Pat the PF slot and go get Kelly Oubre if he shakes loose from Golden State.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#108 » by gobullschi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 pm

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
RSP83 wrote:

- Good moving off ball
- Good 3p shooter

Or give Pat the PF slot and go get Kelly Oubre if he shakes loose from Golden State.

Do the Bulls have the cap space to sign Oubre?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#109 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:11 pm

I think the targets should be THT (via cap space) and Ntilikina (via the room exception)

Ntilikina / Dotson
Lavine / Sato
THT / Troy Brown
PWill / Thad
Vuc / Simonovic

There's your rotation. Dump Coby for whatever. He doesn't fit with anything we're trying to do here.

Instead of a traditional PG, we should have enough initiation ability from Lavine/THT/PWill/Vuc.

We're desperate for length/athleticism and splash plays defensively next to Lavine/Vuc, so I think THT/Ntilikina makes a lot of sense there. Ntilikina to just be a spot up 5th option offensively.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 578

Post#110 » by Almost Retired » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
There is no way we are done. He said it.

Of course he can make some inconsequential moves. But I mean a significant, probably isolated, move. And I hate to be this way about it because I know a GM can’t “make sure” something significant happens. But he pretty much HAS to pull it off, and this summer.

Call me crazy, but I can see a Lauri sign and trade for Beal this summer.

We know the Wiz were interested in Lauri, and we know Beal is a huge BD fan.

Isn't Beal a Shooting guard? Don't we already have one of those? And his salary is too prohibitive. After a season of playing in essentially empty stadiums the league is unlikely to be increasing the salary cap. We have to have better, more cost effective options. Coby to the Pelicans for a First and a high second and give Lonzo a good RFA offer that the Pels are unlikely to want to match. Or send emissaries to Europe and try to entice Micic to give the NBA a shot. He's ready to start on Day 1and could probably be signed for under $10 Million per. He's 27 but a 3 or 4 year deal would be perfect.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#111 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:27 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
RSP83 wrote:

Do the Bulls have the cap space to sign Oubre?

Shouldn't be a problem if he's replacing Lauri right?
Mirotek
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#112 » by Mirotek » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:30 pm

Jeremy Lin
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#113 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:47 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:I think the targets should be THT (via cap space) and Ntilikina (via the room exception)

Ntilikina / Dotson
Lavine / Sato
THT / Troy Brown
PWill / Thad
Vuc / Simonovic

There's your rotation. Dump Coby for whatever. He doesn't fit with anything we're trying to do here.

Instead of a traditional PG, we should have enough initiation ability from Lavine/THT/PWill/Vuc.

We're desperate for length/athleticism and splash plays defensively next to Lavine/Vuc, so I think THT/Ntilikina makes a lot of sense there. Ntilikina to just be a spot up 5th option offensively.

FRANK NTILKINA?!!!

:eek1: :eek1:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#114 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:50 pm

TheStig wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
HOTCARL_o wrote:

The big reason to sign the one and one deals is money. He is eligible for 5% more of the cap when he becomes an FA this summer. Players like to time their FA to their 10th year to get that really good deal.

I got the semantics of the extra cash too and overall I don’t think he is leaving the Clips, he wanted LA clearly and that is undisputed. I know for a certainty that Chicago makes absolutely no sense to him in any scenario. If the clips implode though I could seeing him weighing his options. I also think he likes having control of the situation hence the 1 and 1, because with his injury history I’m not sure a long term deal doesn’t make more sense than the extra pay raises. If I am gambling I bet Clippers all day everyday, odds would change somewhat if it is a messy playoff run though.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#115 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:54 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I think the targets should be THT (via cap space) and Ntilikina (via the room exception)

Ntilikina / Dotson
Lavine / Sato
THT / Troy Brown
PWill / Thad
Vuc / Simonovic

FRANK NTILKINA?!!!

Frankie Smokes wouldn’t have been my choice but I can see what he is angling at with that, with the limited options of who you can get if you dump money into THT (he is RFA right) Smokes might fit that system potentially. Very far from a sexy choice but a realistic option perhaps.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#116 » by CobyWhite0 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:35 pm

LMAO We already have THT, his name is Troy Brown Jr and he's a better 3pt shooter.

Ntilikina??? We already have Arch.

I have to admit, when I read "who is the next target", I didn't know we were already discussing 9th and 10th men going forward.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#117 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:55 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:

Ntilikina / Dotson
Lavine / Sato
THT / Troy Brown
PWill / Thad
Vuc / Simonovic

FRANK NTILKINA?!!!

Yep. Elite defensive guard with projectable 3-ball.

He's basically the same age now as rookie Mikal Bridges. Similar tools too.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#118 » by bad knees » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:34 am

I'm not buying Frank. But here's a name for you: Cam Payne. In 17 mpg for the Suns, he has a 15.9 PER, is shooting 40% from the 3, and has a DBPM of 1.1. Outstanding free throw shooter, so he can be used at the end of games, 3.6 assists per game in his limited time, and a very low turnover rate. And he is a FA after this season.

Better than Lonzo Ball in many statistical categories, for probably 1/4 the price. Would leave room to go get another FA.

We'll get a chance to get a preview tonight.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,372

Post#119 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:42 am

Frank Ntilikina and THT in the starting line up next year for us? That ensured that we're a lottery team again.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#120 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:42 pm

The Box Office wrote:Frank Ntilikina and THT in the starting line up next year for us? That ensured that we're a lottery team again.

Let that last game serve as exhibit A as to why Ntilikina makes sense as a 5th starter for us.

Return to Chicago Bulls