ImageImageImage

Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#241 » by ATTL » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:40 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:
Eddie has a random old guy former player explanation for everything. Beginning of the home stand jitters was a new one.

Yeah, I love him but a lot of those leave me scratching my head. I do love how he still, even after 5-6 games says after a torrey Craig basket "folks, I'm telling you, you think he's just defense, this young man can score too". Yeah eddie, we get it!

You guys better stop disrespecting my man EJ! I would pay him to tell me bed time stories.

https://www.cameo.com/jumpshot8?qid=1617197919

Here's your chance
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#242 » by Frank Lee » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 pm

You guys are talking yourselves into a ‘Jones made a good move’ comfort zone. TC was a great pick up, but you are allowed more than one roster adjustment. (See Denver, who I think did the most) The West got bigger... Drummond, McGee, Dieng, healthy Nurk...all now on the slate. if the big man inaction doesn’t bite us, I will be surprised.

Was a good vote of confidence for our Plod Squad tho.
What ? Me Worry ?
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#243 » by RunDogGun » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:09 pm

What is Big Sauce up to? I probably left that open to a weight comment. :lol:
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#244 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:30 pm

Frank Lee wrote:You guys are talking yourselves into a ‘Jones made a good move’ comfort zone. TC was a great pick up, but you are allowed more than one roster adjustment. (See Denver, who I think did the most) The West got bigger... Drummond, McGee, Dieng, healthy Nurk...all now on the slate. if the big man inaction doesn’t bite us, I will be surprised.

Agree on this. Yes Torrey Craig might be the best basketball player of some of the lower tier bigs that got shuffled (Dieng, McGee, etc.).

But I don't want to get forced into having Kaminsky, Craig or Saric guard AD, Jokic, etc. for long stretches.
Barkley6
Veteran

Post#245 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:31 pm

RunDogGun wrote:What is Big Sauce up to? I probably left that open to a weight comment. :lol:

Playing in Russia, but underwent knee surgery in November and hasn't played at all this season.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#246 » by BobbieL » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:32 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:You guys are talking yourselves into a ‘Jones made a good move’ comfort zone. TC was a great pick up, but you are allowed more than one roster adjustment. (See Denver, who I think did the most) The West got bigger... Drummond, McGee, Dieng, healthy Nurk...all now on the slate. if the big man inaction doesn’t bite us, I will be surprised.

Agree on this. Yes Torrey Craig might be the best basketball player of some of the lower tier bigs that got shuffled (Dieng, McGee, etc.).

But I don't want to get forced into having Kaminsky, Craig or Saric guard AD, Jokic, etc. for long stretches.

That is the concern to be sure. Kaminsky is not enough of a back up 5 to cover for Ayton during the playoffs. I guess getting to the playoffs is a good problem to have but still - might be nice to have bigger depth. Especially if Nader is out any more considerable time.

Mahinmi still out there?
Barkley6
Veteran

Post#247 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:34 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

That is the concern to be sure. Kaminsky is not enough of a back up 5 to cover for Ayton during the playoffs. I guess getting to the playoffs is a good problem to have but still - might be nice to have bigger depth. Especially if Nader is out any more considerable time.

Mahinmi still out there?

There's definitely guys to be had out there, I posted a list in another thread of some guys still on the market. I think the issue we have is we don't have a roster spot anymore, and so we'd need to let someone go and that's a real Sophie's choice at the moment.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#248 » by RunDogGun » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:What is Big Sauce up to? I probably left that open to a weight comment. :lol:

Playing in Russia, but underwent knee surgery in November and hasn't played at all this season.

Thanks, I was trying to look that up. I saw the Russia thing, but it was saying Nigil Williams, so I wasn't sure. Hope he recovers quickly.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#249 » by RunDogGun » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:45 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

Mahinmi still out there?

There's definitely guys to be had out there, I posted a list in another thread of some guys still on the market. I think the issue we have is we don't have a roster spot anymore, and so we'd need to let someone go and that's a real Sophie's choice at the moment.

Money wise and playing time, it seems like Moore would draw the short straw.
Barkley6
Veteran

Post#250 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:48 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:

Mahinmi still out there?

Money wise, it seems like Moore would draw the short straw.

The issue I have with Moore getting cut, is he's going to become very necessary if CP3 or Book miss time. Galloway is a great scorer, but Moore defends, handles and creates better.

Carter seems like the most luxury player in that he's fairly one dimensional, but his contact make it hard to move him on. I felt like it was a reasonable deal when he signed it, but I feel a little bit like we bid against ourselves there. I don't think any other team would have offered him anywhere close to what we did.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#251 » by RunDogGun » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

Money wise, it seems like Moore would draw the short straw.

The issue I have with Moore getting cut, is he's going to become very necessary if CP3 or Book miss time. Galloway is a great scorer, but Moore defends, handles and creates better.

Carter seems like the most luxury player in that he's fairly one dimensional, but his contact make it hard to move him on. I felt like it was a reasonable deal when he signed it, but I feel a little bit like we bid against ourselves there. I don't think any other team would have offered him anywhere close to what we did.

I agree, but with the addition of Craig, I think we would move guys to cover a missing Book or CP3. Carter is a tougher defender, but I just have trouble seeing Sarver spending the money just to add a third string big. Since Moore hasn't played, he seems expendable. Moore hasn't shot well from three as well at 27%.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#252 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:18 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
Godzilla vs kong looks terrible imo. I like good scripts and writing over explosions and cgi and w.e....Also why did you say Titanic dont laugh? That movie is one of the GOATS.

Cause many say titanic is too emotional and chicks watch it a ton that's why I made that comment.

As for Godzilla vs King if its similar to transformers with a ton of Michael Bay cgi like you've mentioned I may just skip it.

James Cameron movies were straight up gold until he started making films about sinking boats and blue aliens.

JC should have stuck with Arnold as his leading man and continue to pump out classics. He's cinemas equivalent of MJ leaving behind what he was great at to play minor league baseball.

Yeah, Terminator and Aliens were two of my favorites. Even Abyss was great. You could say he should have stuck with Michael Biehn being a part of every movie...they were all good..though I liked him as a good guy more than a bad (though I liked him as a bad guy in Tombstone...though not JC). I didn't dislike the latter two you mention as much as many, but they are not nearly as fun as those earlier Terminator movies and Aliens. He did produce and work on that last Terminator movie though which wasn't particularly good.
irish22022
Senior
And1: 517

Post#253 » by irish22022 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:53 pm

I get the desire for a backup big. Except when people say "I don't want frank having to defend AD or jokic". Okay, me neither. I also don't want cousins or mcgee doing that either. The bigs on the mark are big, sure. But if they can't defend the west bigs than what purpose do they have? Frank can do a bad job on bigs same as anyone that was/is available but he can also stretch the court on offense.

We looked at what was available and decided to pin ourselves to frank or small ball against those guys. That's where we'll be most effective regardless of what scrub big guy is available.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,341

Post#254 » by Revived » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:13 pm

irish22022 wrote:I get the desire for a backup big. Except when people say "I don't want frank having to defend AD or jokic". Okay, me neither. I also don't want cousins or mcgee doing that either. The bigs on the mark are big, sure. But if they can't defend the west bigs than what purpose do they have? Frank can do a bad job on bigs same as anyone that was/is available but he can also stretch the court on offense.

We looked at what was available and decided to pin ourselves to frank or small ball against those guys. That's where we'll be most effective regardless of what scrub big guy is available.

McGee or Theis could definitely do a better job though. We saw what Saric on Jokic looked like. Chris Paul can probably defend Jokic or AD as well as Saric can.

Lakers adding Drummond makes it tougher. To be fair though I don’t think anyone thought we were gonna beat the Lakers with Bron & AD in a series anyway but after adding Drummond it makes it an even more herculean task.He’s not a great defender but he ranks like top 3 in the league in many rebounding categories over the past 3/4 yrs and is surprisingly very durable.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#255 » by RunDogGun » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:13 pm

irish22022 wrote:I get the desire for a backup big. Except when people say "I don't want frank having to defend AD or jokic". Okay, me neither. I also don't want cousins or mcgee doing that either. The bigs on the mark are big, sure. But if they can't defend the west bigs than what purpose do they have? Frank can do a bad job on bigs same as anyone that was/is available but he can also stretch the court on offense.

Understandable, but why resign the team to only have the option of Frank or someone much smaller, when you can cut a player we aren't using to get some insurance at a position of need? :dontknow:
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#256 » by bwoolf2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:54 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Torrey Craig gets an extra offensive rebound every 20 minutes compared to Abdel Nader.

I still would like to see a lineup with Nadar Craig Bridges and Camjo, all plus defenders and effort guys would be fun to watch them switch and trap
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#257 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:10 pm

Revived wrote:

McGee or Theis could definitely do a better job though. We saw what Saric on Jokic looked like. Chris Paul can probably defend Jokic or AD as well as Saric can.

Lakers adding Drummond makes it tougher. To be fair though I don’t think anyone thought we were gonna beat the Lakers with Bron & AD in a series anyway but after adding Drummond it makes it an even more herculean task.He’s not a great defender but he ranks like top 3 in the league in many rebounding categories over the past 3/4 yrs and is surprisingly very durable.

Jokic ROASTS Gobert. Hating on Saric for not being able to handle Jokic is rich. Ayton is probably the best in the league at defending him. Saric acquitted himself quite well against QB2 (Embiid).
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#258 » by ducler » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,450

Post#259 » by sasquatchBob » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 pm

I think full strength this front court is good enough. Craig has looked impressive so far.

But, if Ayton goes down lets say with an injury, then we're ******. There's nobody who can replace his role on this team. Getting a solid back up center like McGee or Dieng would've helped this scenario.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#260 » by suns12345 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:We have more close game experience than the Jazz which could be massive in a conference finals.

I like Philadelphia as the East matchup.

Thats one way to look at it... :lol:

As long as we fix these 4th quarter **** shows though.

It wasnt so long ago we won a 4th quarter 40-12 or something like that. These things come in waves.

Return to Phoenix Suns