Lou Williams Considered Retirement Following Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Lou Williams Considered Retirement Following Trade  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:11 am

Lou Williams said he considered retiring after getting traded from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Atlanta Hawks.

Williams eventually joined the Hawks on Tuesday night.

"It hurts. I had a lot of investment there. We had some success. We were gearing up for another deep run, a championship run. That was my mentality. I thought I would finish the season there," said Williams on Tuesday.

Williams added that he feels like he can help the Hawks make the playoffs.

The team is currently sixth in the Eastern Conference.

"I feel like I can help this team do some things. I don't want to look back and say I retired prematurely, be asking myself what could have been or what I could've done. This is an opportunity to finish out the season with this team and go from there."

Via ESPN

DangerCurtis
Sophomore
And1: 12

Re: Lou Williams Considered Retirement Following Trade 

Post#2 » by DangerCurtis » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 am

Not going to lie, as a big Clipper fan, the organization did wrong by Lou. Guy put a lot into the organization the last few years. Should have let him finish out his contract.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#3 » by lautreamont » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 am

DangerCurtis wrote:Not going to lie, as a big Clipper fan, the organization did wrong by Lou. Guy put a lot into the organization the last few years. Should have let him finish out his contract.

Yeah Clippers screwed Lou, especially when he signed a bargain contract.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 pm

It was a bizarre trade. It didn't seem like a decent return for Williams.

But, Williams hasn't produced all year. So I assume management thought he was done.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#5 » by niha17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:08 pm

Clippers are going to wish the never traded lou will for rondo the dumb media likes it. but the fact is the clippers got worse
MINDKCUF
Senior
And1: 577

Post#6 » by MINDKCUF » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:45 pm

glad lou didnt retire. i have like him for years and he can with help bench scoring and vet leadership thats lacking on the hawks.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#7 » by Kinger95 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:12 pm

DangerCurtis wrote:Not going to lie, as a big Clipper fan, the organization did wrong by Lou. Guy put a lot into the organization the last few years. Should have let him finish out his contract.

Kinda like they did Blake griffin dirty after they signed him him to a big deal then traded him to nba hell in Detroit. Then the tampered with kawhi all season he was in Toronto. Then in the off-season they definitely gave him and uncle Dennis under the table benefits and circumvented the rules. Not to mention they stole Phil handy and Rex kalamian from the raptors coaching staff to even further polish kawhi’s shaft/ego. Not particularly a very well regarded organization.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#8 » by Clay Davis » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 pm

Didn't he sign his contract with a gentleman's agreement that they wouldn't trade him? The Clippers FO dogged him
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,544

Post#9 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:13 am

Lou gave his heart and soul to that team, only to be traded for a guy who might be washed.
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Post#10 » by asuran » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:15 am

Hmm... he does have his fave restaurant Magic City in Atlanta
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#11 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:42 am

He sucked all year. Be honest. He sucked in the playoffs. What has he done since the chicken wing thing? Putting up career lows. I doubt the Hawks will use him. There loaded. Can he get bought out? Try Brooklyn
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Post#12 » by dubbmotta » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:37 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:He sucked all year. Be honest. He sucked in the playoffs. What has he done since the chicken wing thing? Putting up career lows. I doubt the Hawks will use him. There loaded. Can he get bought out? Try Brooklyn

Doubt we buy him out, we’ve habe injuries all season at the guard position, Dunn, Cam, Boddavoic, etc. he’ll help us off the bench. He’ll play better, his wing spot 8 minutes from the arena lol

Return to Wiretap Discussion