PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#21 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:20 am

Ι still struggle to watch games, which makes me sad :(
This whole chuckfest doesn't agree with me at all aesthetically, and I can't even complain because I can see why they're doing it and I can't really blame them.

Maybe in the play offs.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Post#22 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:31 am

Thanasis step back three on his little bro was great and the hugs all around on the court post-game was quite beautiful to see.

Kinda neat bud let Giannis play at the end fir a minute or so with both his brothers on the court.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#23 » by Sigra » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:50 am

just finished watching. we clearly decided to defend 3s after 1st quarter. it was so clear that we changed our defensive focus on that. its like Bud dare other team to show they can hit them. if they can then we start to defend it. dont like that logic at all.

love how Lopez made Drummond his bitch. it was long pause for Drummond but still nice to see.

Giannis is still slow. probably that knee.

Middleton was lazy. Dont like his motor and fire.

Jrue is boss. if Giannis can steal his "i dont care because i am god" attittude we are set. dont see it this year but maybe in future.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#24 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:12 am

I like this version of Jrue, can we have this version every game please, it's so good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#25 » by aboveAverage » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:57 am

This was a good win. It’s been tough for us to come back from that kind of three point barrage in the first quarter.

I also imagine that the team will look a lot more stable with a healthy PJ Tucker, Portis, and Teague out there.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#26 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:10 am

Prez wrote:Jrue is a monster. When am I allowed to freak out about him not extending yet?

He'll sign..
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#27 » by Fotis St » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:47 am

We won cause the Lakers were throwing bricks all night except from the 1st quarter.

I want to highlight the good stuff and the bad stuff.

Good Stuff : Jrue has that Lowry ON/OFF switch from Scorer to Playmaker. He also demoralized opponents with his steals and defence.

Bad Stuff : Bud's 3rd quarter lineup with Forbes,Donte,Pat,Thanasis,Giannis almost destroyed all our momentum . Turnover after turnover and the camera caught Khris at the bench, shaking his head like "wtf is this lineup, coach?" . We were lucky Lakers shot badly. So Bud is still BAD at his rotations and playmakers ON Court. He iced almost to death Jrue. I remember carrying my team when I was young PG doing Jrue things both ends. Well it really pissed my off when my coach Subbed me out after doing my best and were up 15+ or something ... only to sub me in when we lose the point differential and we are up 5 or something. I was like, "I am not giving everything I have ON Court, so others have the privilege to cruise around and **** it up, and sub me IN again to do it all over again. I want to put me in at the right time, when opponents start their momentum, just sub me in to put them out of the game and then let the bench cruise the rest of the game when opponents are demoralized and don't believe they have a chance. Bud keeps efing up lineups for a long time, especially his Giannis playing time was always something everyone has seen and criticised. Now we have Jrue , BUD pls for the sake of basketball sanity, can you keep at least 2 of Giannis , Khris, Jrue ON court all the time except garbage? Oh my , its so painfull to watch , a good team would made a come back, have no doubt on that.

PS More Diakite and less Brook ... do we really have to suffer again in the playoffs only to watch Brook being unplayable? Get him out already, Diakite had a good run on the 1st half and he was rewarded to watch Slopez for the rest of the game. Come on Bud ... just adjust
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#28 » by aboveAverage » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:28 am

I hope that the Forbes/Thanasis lineups disappear forever once we are fully healthy. Tucker/Portis and Teague instead of Thanasis/Forbes will be a huge upgrade.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#29 » by chonestown » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:14 pm

midranger wrote:We won the game.

Oh, mods are just waving a hand at inflammatory content now?

<takes notes>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#30 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:40 pm

Our defense is so much better when our PG defends the PG.

Not getting a strong defensive 3rd guard is going to haunt us the rest of the year, if could cost us the title.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#31 » by jschligs » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:57 pm

Also, and this does deserve all caps...

GIANNIS IS SHOOTING 75% FROM THE LINE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY!
Touchpass
Bench Warmer
And1: 305

Post#32 » by Touchpass » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:05 pm

jschligs wrote:Also, and this does deserve all caps...

New routine seems to be working for him. Wonder if it holds up in the playoffs if crowds are bigger. It’s so damn long for a average FT shooter to be thinking about it. Would they let a average player get away with how long it takes?
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#33 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:09 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Prez wrote:Jrue is a monster. When am I allowed to freak out about him not extending yet?

He'll sign..

We can book it now.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#34 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:16 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Rough start. Can't have starts like that on teams not led by Schroder and Drummond.

Might be the first or second time I have watched Schroder in the last two years. I'm shocked that dude turned down an 84M extension. I think he is closer to a 3 year 30M deal than he is anything higher than a 4/84M deal.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#35 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:19 pm

Touchpass wrote:

New routine seems to be working for him. Wonder if it holds up in the playoffs if crowds are bigger. It’s so damn long for a average FT shooter to be thinking about it. Would they let a average player get away with how long it takes?

Yeah, I think good teams are just going to wait until the playoffs to mention it and then they will bitch about it. He will get called for some delays and have to shorten up his routine mid playoffs, or that is my big worry.

I've said it before, but whoever gave him the idea to have a 15 second shooting routine for each free throw deserves to be out of basketball coaching for eternity.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#36 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:21 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:

He'll sign..

*BOOM* There it is
#FreeChuckDiesel
Touchpass
Bench Warmer
And1: 305

Post#37 » by Touchpass » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:43 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Touchpass wrote:

Yeah, I think good teams are just going to wait until the playoffs to mention it and then they will bitch about it. He will get called for some delays and have to shorten up his routine mid playoffs, or that is my big worry.

I've said it before, but whoever gave him the idea to have a 15 second shooting routine for each free throw deserves to be out of basketball coaching for eternity.

I think you’re right. Him getting the ref to hold the ball while he catches his breath and goes through his stroke. Then taking over ten seconds once he gets the ball may not be granted in the playoffs.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#38 » by TD75 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:48 pm

I think Giannis telling the ref not to give him the ball for a few seconds in order to catch his breath in the free throw line is fine and teams will not be able to disrupt this, even in the playoffs. Otherwise, Giannis can take an even longer time to simply go to the line and effectively catch his breath just fine.

What is a problem is the time he takes to take a free throw once he has the ball in his hands. I believe that this is going to be an issue during playoffs. I have no idea why whoever is coaching him on his free throws routine thinks this is a good idea.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,106

Post#39 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:55 pm

Overall fun game with some blah stretches. Worst part was when Brook posterized Montrez and the telecast didn't even mention it or show a replay.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#40 » by Cooleyo47 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:26 pm

The importance of Jrue's ability to pick up the slack for Giannis and Khris and adeptly take on primary play-making duties cannot be overstated.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks