Post#61 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#62 » by Manocad » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:26 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Predict who's going to win?

Portland 124-101
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#63 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:26 am

Delete
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#64 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:26 am

Piston Pete wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

It has nothing to do with them “blocking” someone else.

It has everything to do with “resting” them to pile up losses.
I think they've piled up losses quite well with them playing. Jeremi Grant played like a superstar the first couple months of the season, Plumlee surprised all the naysayers with his play and the team was almost historically bad during that stretch. Tonight they're a combined 19-30 for 48 points, and lost by 20+. I'm not seeing the conundrum.

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#65 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:27 am

Manocad wrote:

Portland 124-101

Doubtful
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#66 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:28 am

Manocad wrote:

Portland 124-101

There’s pretty specific, you sure you’re confident with that?
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#67 » by DBC10 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:29 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This is hilarious. He legitimately was so depressed while he was here that he quit elevating for us
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#68 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:30 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

I think they've piled up losses quite well with them playing. Jeremi Grant played like a superstar the first couple months of the season, Plumlee surprised all the naysayers with his play and the team was almost historically bad during that stretch. Tonight they're a combined 19-30 for 48 points, and lost by 20+. I'm not seeing the conundrum.

Portland was clicking tonight.

If we catch a team on an off night, and Bey doesn’t shoot terribly, we could squeak out wins here and there.

That’s the point to “resting” Grant and Plumlee. They are going to be key in any wins we get from here on out. So the less they play, the less we win, in theory.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#69 » by Manocad » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:32 am

guldakot wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Im coming from the angle that our rooks and the rest of our youth are playing above expectations, it really is sort of an awesome problem to have. Bey Stewie Lee and now Diallo are all more then I could have hoped for before the season started. Couple that with Grant playing above expectations and Plumlee being much better then I thought he would be and I'm actually surprised more then anything.

That's what I've been saying...that's a GOOD thing. What's the goal in tanking 3-4 years in a row to get high draft picks? Because you're hoping they'll all be really good players. So if 4-5 players acquired in a single draft/free agency season all turn out to be really good players, what's the difference? How did Weaver screw up if that happens? It's like not seeing the forest through the trees.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#70 » by rmfc » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:36 am

DetroitSho wrote:I swear it feels like we went a decade without an athletic wing on this roster worth a real damn. ...

So much truth. This team already looks drastically different, skillset-wise.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#71 » by rmfc » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:39 am

Piston Pete wrote:Portland was clicking tonight.

If we catch a team on an off night, and Bey doesn’t shoot terribly, we could squeak out wins here and there.

That’s the point to “resting” Grant and Plumlee. They are going to be key in any wins we get from here on out. So the less they play, the less we win, in theory.

I'd definitely rest Grant down the road for "maintenance" purposes. Plumlee is one of the worst defenders in the league. Leaving him out there on the court doesn't hurt...unless he is taking PT away from Stewart.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#72 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:39 am

Not to change the subject but Brooklyn is barely beating Houston right now. I get that Durant isn’t available and Aldridge still hasn’t suited up. But they are on a really thin line between practical champs and a breakdown.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#73 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:41 am

rmfc wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:Portland was clicking tonight.

I'd definitely rest Grant down the road for "maintenance" purposes. Plumlee is one of the worst defenders in the league. Leaving him out there on the court doesn't hurt...unless he is taking PT away from Stewart.

Simple solution.....rest Plumlee a game per week and play Sekou at C. Lol
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#74 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:04 am

Piston Pete wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:

You just gave the answer in your post and don't even realize it. It's the young guys who drive this team winning or losing. Grant and Plumlee sucked against Toronto and they blew them out. Sekou could have easily scored 7 and a cadaver could've put up the whopping 5 points Plumlee contributed. Those two are not the detriment to tanking they've been made out to be.

Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#75 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:11 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I think they've piled up losses quite well with them playing. Jeremi Grant played like a superstar the first couple months of the season, Plumlee surprised all the naysayers with his play and the team was almost historically bad during that stretch. Tonight they're a combined 19-30 for 48 points, and lost by 20+. I'm not seeing the conundrum.

You just gave the answer in your post and don't even realize it. It's the young guys who drive this team winning or losing. Grant and Plumlee sucked against Toronto and they blew them out. Sekou could have easily scored 7 and a cadaver could've put up the whopping 5 points Plumlee contributed. Those two are not the detriment to tanking they've been made out to be.

LOL. Agree to disagree.

I feel it’s safe to say we win more games with Grant and Plumlee in the lineup than with them out.
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#76 » by GBanga3 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:40 am

whitehops wrote:yeah... really not liking cory joseph's game. dude overdribbles and has almost no scoring ability so he forces a decent amount of things.

the offense flowed much better with wright :(

I don't know how to break this to you man, but CoJo wasn't brought in here because we thought he was going to make the team better.

Also- How good does Diallo look? Another W for that terrible GM Weaver.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,485

Post#77 » by whitehops » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:49 am

GBanga3 wrote:I don't know how to break this to you man, but CoJo wasn't brought in here because we thought he was going to make the team better.

i live in toronto so i know cory joseph well (from watching him, not personally) and i know he's not a good player. it just sucks that it games are uglier to watch now. at least with delon the offense flowed better, the games were more enjoyable to watch and we still lost.

one of the reasons it's good to have some vets play alongside the young players is that they play good team basketball and it rubs off on the youngins. cory joseph overdribbling is just a worse version of what rose was doing here because cory can't even score. it also takes away opportunities from other players to try to create offense of their own, instead of just watching cojo dribble around for 15 seconds and then dump the ball off or shoot it.

all i'm saying is hopefully he gets DNP'd when DSJ and hayes come back.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#78 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:22 pm

whitehops wrote:
i live in toronto so i know cory joseph well (from watching him, not personally) and i know he's not a good player. it just sucks that it games are uglier to watch now. at least with delon the offense flowed better, the games were more enjoyable to watch and we still lost.

one of the reasons it's good to have some vets play alongside the young players is that they play good team basketball and it rubs off on the youngins. cory joseph overdribbling is just a worse version of what rose was doing here because cory can't even score. it also takes away opportunities from other players to try to create offense of their own, instead of just watching cojo dribble around for 15 seconds and then dump the ball off or shoot it.

all i'm saying is hopefully he gets DNP'd when DSJ and hayes come back.

I kind of view (and hoping Detroit does) of Joseph like another McGruder. Veteran on the team who plays more out of necessity than anything else.

Not saying he DNPs, but I think he’ll lose most of his minutes.

Also with the way his contract is set up, there’s no way they fully guarantee him. So they will wind up having to cut him.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#79 » by Moses ShamMoses » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:30 pm

Its no secret but we have a point guard glut problem creeping up very soon. We have 5 point guards when we really only need 2-3 most nights. I think Saben Lee has played well enough to stay in the rotation. We almost have to play Killian Hayes as well for developmental reasons. So really it comes down to who is the 3rd point guard? I'd be willing to bet we'll see Hayes/Lee/Cojo the rest of the way with DSJ and Frank Jackson warming the bench. DSJ is pretty meh and Frank Jackson is a G-league guy.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#80 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:31 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Its no secret but we have a point guard glut problem creeping up very soon. We have 5 point guards when we really only need 2-3 most nights. I think Saben Lee has played well enough to stay in the rotation. We almost have to play Killian Hayes as well for developmental reasons. So really it comes down to who is the 3rd point guard? I'd be willing to bet we'll see Hayes/Lee/Cojo the rest of the way with DSJ and Frank Jackson warming the bench. DSJ is pretty meh and Frank Jackson is a G-league guy.

It's not really a glut. Only Hayes is under contract for next season (CoJo is just partially guaranteed.)

Return to Detroit Pistons