ImageImageImage

Game 48 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-15) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30) l Thursday l 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Re: Game 48 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-15) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30) l Thursday l 7pm 

Post#121 » by the_process » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:41 am

If Shake has his mojo back, that's a good sign going forward.

When is Hill making his debut?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Re: Game 48 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-15) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30) l Thursday l 7pm 

Post#122 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:07 am

Mik317 wrote:No Mike Scott and the defense shows up.

I’m not saying but....

Let's have that recap Mik.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#123 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:16 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Mik317 wrote:No Mike Scott and the defense shows up.

I’m not saying but....

Let's have that recap Mik.

His heart just isn't in it
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#124 » by Aussiepiston1 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:00 am

Anyone know what number Hill is gonna wear?
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#125 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:43 am

Just quietly (it is well too late now of course) but don’t be surprised if Ben gets found out big time in the playoffs.

Having a smaller range than Drummond playing outside/inside

Always should have been inside/out (Giannis has that massive problem too but he has other ways to compensate for it).

I mentioned what felt like yonks ago but the further this goes on his contract is actually a negative.

I don’t want to doom and gloom it but he’s on a very sharp clock (think Griffin, Green without even half of their toolkits).

Got to double down in defence and play Rodmanesque

Wasn’t too far off the 7/10/13 statline lol

I’ll switch it 7/12/8
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,340

Post#126 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:03 am

DCasey91 wrote:Just quietly (it is well too late now of course) but don’t be surprised if Ben gets found out big time in the playoffs.

Always should have been inside/out (Giannis has that massive problem too but he has other ways to compensate for it).

I mentioned what felt like yonks ago but the further this goes on his contract is actually a negative.

I don’t want to doom and gloom it but he’s on a very sharp clock (think Griffin, Green without even half of their toolkits).

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

Found out?

Everyone knows he has poor touch and the key to make him 0 on halfcourt is to have a mobile tweener to sag off him, since we faced during the Celts playoffs in 2018.

Raps had Ibaka on him that allows Ibaka to stay below the rim and play goalie to disrupt any chance of Jimmy and Biid running PnR.

Everyone knows this.

The possible difference maker this time around is Biid’s shooting (not the addition of the shooters), providing Ben spacing to the paint to operate. But it’s a poison the top teams would love to take rather than having Biid get his points.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#127 » by downtownpie » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:30 am

DCasey91 wrote:Just quietly (it is well too late now of course) but don’t be surprised if Ben gets found out big time in the playoffs.

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

Found out.... :lol: :lol:
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#128 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:01 am

76ciology wrote:

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

Found out?

Everyone knows he has poor touch and the key to make him 0 on halfcourt is to have a mobile tweener to sag off him, since we faced during the Celts playoffs in 2018.

Raps had Ibaka on him that allows Ibaka to stay below the rim and play goalie to disrupt any chance of Jimmy and Biid running PnR.

Everyone knows this.

The possible difference maker this time around is Biid’s shooting (not the addition of the shooters), providing Ben spacing to the paint to operate. But it’s a poison the top teams would love to take rather than having Biid get his points.

No I mean to say there’s a chance it’s even worse than that. I’ll keep my thoughts private but the middle/end career Ben isn’t going to be pretty at all unless he puts everything and I mean everything into defense. (I don’t think he has that mentality at all spoonfed, number 1 pick etc, college lazy, the warning signs have been there pre draft.)
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#129 » by Kolkmania » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:07 am

Curry shooting 10 threes (season high) in just 24 minutes, some of them were contested and/or on the move. That's a big key to increasing our offensive efficiency. Hopefully Milton will regain some shooting confidence as well after this good stretch.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#130 » by zaz102 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:19 am

Kolkmania wrote:Curry shooting 10 threes (season high) in just 24 minutes, some of them were contested and/or on the move. That's a big key to increasing our offensive efficiency. Hopefully Milton will regain some shooting confidence as well after this good stretch.
It's strange that I want two guys on the team to take significantly more 3s and they couldn't be in more opposite sides of the spectrum lol.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Post#131 » by HotelVitale » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:03 pm

DCasey91 wrote: No I mean to say there’s a chance it’s even worse than that. I’ll keep my thoughts private but the middle/end career Ben isn’t going to be pretty at all unless he puts everything and I mean everything into defense. (I don’t think he has that mentality at all spoonfed, number 1 pick etc, college lazy, the warning signs have been there pre draft.)

So what you're saying is, if every doubt or negative thought we ever thought about Simmons is true, he might be a bad player in 6 years...and maybe in 3 years...and, wait, now?

We've all watched many years of Simmons now, it's pretty clear what he basically is. Yes, he's a hard player to build around and yes it would be better to have a different type of star on one of our max contracts, and yes he's already a very good player who will do many things well in the PO though he often won't look like a real star. You can just start from there, assume we all know that and move any new points from that point. And if your point is that, if he gets badly injured or otherwise loses his physical dominance, he will be even less great, think Sixers fans are also pretty clear on that.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Post#132 » by HotelVitale » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:20 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Morey’s going to be itching to trade Ben this summer. His disappearing act is getting so old.
Just like previous management, I feel like Doc and Morey fell for Ben's pre all-star break numbers boost. At this point, the pattern is so clear. I know people will say this is some hokey conspiracy theory, but its uncanny how much his numbers dip post all-star break, and how poorly he plays for the start of the year.

I might keep fishing on this one, the numbers don't give you that much to work with. In 2017-18, neither Jan nor Feb is his best month and March after the AS break probably is. In 2018-19 he actually played better overall post-AS break, and the weeks leading to the AS break are clearly worse than his #s in Mar after it. And last year his January was his best month, but his Feb was a big dip down.

I buy the theory that he's a slow starter and has some focus issues, and I don't think he's above being motivated by the AS team stuff (he's a celebrity-minded dude). But I don't think there's enough there to say that's an overriding thing that's the real story of his play. You'd also expect him to pick it up in the PO too if that was the case.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#133 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:53 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

Found out?

Everyone knows this.

No I mean to say there’s a chance it’s even worse than that. I’ll keep my thoughts private but the middle/end career Ben isn’t going to be pretty at all unless he puts everything and I mean everything into defense. (I don’t think he has that mentality at all spoonfed, number 1 pick etc, college lazy, the warning signs have been there pre draft.)

I think we have the same belief but my position is to just make the most with the cards we’re dealt with.

Even Morey knows this when Ben was almost traded for Harden.

You can even say Rafael Stone and Fertita may both also know this thats why they rather have Oladipo.

This is also why Im not a fan of the Al trade because we wasted one of our most valuable asset (2025 1st is our highest valued 1st round pick) for cap flexibility to sign (likely overpay) mamalou dialo and bobby portis in the offseason :lol:

Anyway were now here.. this is what we have.. good thing we didnt double down on our mistakes by overpaying for Lowry.

Let’s just find ways to maximize Ben. Then be more efficient in translating paper assets into talent. And if there’s an opportunity for a big talent, let’s be aggressive.

Yup, I’d include everyone including Maxey, Milton and Paul Reed. :evil:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#134 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:56 pm

Kolkmania wrote:Curry shooting 10 threes (season high) in just 24 minutes, some of them were contested and/or on the move. That's a big key to increasing our offensive efficiency. Hopefully Milton will regain some shooting confidence as well after this good stretch.

His rate of attempts is relative to the length of the quality of the challenge in his shot.

Once Biid returns he’ll get better looks
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#135 » by syntax » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:09 pm

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

You need to stop your whining after every game. Butler having no 3pt shot and shooting 26% from 3 was a massive factor against the Raps.

In fact, it was a massive factor for Miami against the Lakers.

Just shut up man.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#136 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:20 pm

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Found out?

Everyone knows this.

I think we have the same belief but my position is to just make the most with the cards we’re dealt with.

Even Morey knows this when Ben was almost traded for Harden.

You can even say Rafael Stone and Fertita may both also know this thats why they rather have Oladipo.

This is also why Im not a fan of the Al trade because we wasted one of our most valuable asset (2025 1st is our highest valued 1st round pick) for cap flexibility to sign (likely overpay) mamalou dialo and bobby portis in the offseason :lol:

Anyway were now here.. this is what we have.. good thing we didnt double down on our mistakes by overpaying for Lowry.

Let’s just find ways to maximize Ben. Then be more efficient in translating paper assets into talent. And if there’s an opportunity for a big talent, let’s be aggressive.

Yup, I’d include everyone including Maxey, Milton and Paul Reed. :evil:

I’m of the belief we should add younger underutilized/undervalued talent that has age demos between (21-24) that could well breakout into solidified consistent minute players based on better circumstances on this team. There’s needs to fill and popping up a second or third stringers that really shouldn’t be (Simons/Goga/Nowell/Hart) could pay off down the road. I can see all 4 playing more minutes on this team by virtue of filling an important role. Backup center, Backup PG, Backup SG etc.

Hill will do a lot for Ben and Embiid’s game. But it’s high strung on the limitations on Ben (below average big man skills).

Would you swing for the fence on Jalen Green in this years draft? I believe if he’s not picked in the first 3 (he shouldn’t btw if I was a draft scout) I would swing for him. Caters for now and for the future potential to be a superstar two guard.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#137 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:22 pm

syntax wrote:

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

You need to stop your whining after every game. Butler having no 3pt shot and shooting 26% from 3 was a massive factor against the Raps.

Just shut up man.

Without Jimmy Butler there wasn’t much of a series. He kept us afloat against the Raps. Now looked what he’s done afterwards.

But sure prefer Horford/Richardson/Harris over him be my guest

You shut up lol
Philly2good
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#138 » by Philly2good » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:27 pm

DCasey91 thinks he is the Oracle of basketball lmfao...It's getting tired fast
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#139 » by syntax » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:28 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:

I’ll switch it 7/12/8

Just shut up man.

Without Jimmy Butler there wasn’t much of a series. He kept us afloat against the Raps. Now looked what he’s done afterwards.

You shut up lol

If Butler could shoot the 3 Sixers beat the Raptors easily. Miami would have had a chance against the Lakers.

You have no clue what you are talking about.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#140 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:32 pm

syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:

Just shut up man.

You shut up lol

If Butler could shoot the 3 Sixers beat the Raptors easily. Miami would have had a chance against the Lakers.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

If Ben could shoot threes all of the discussions on this board would be half as big lol.

I do have a clue I don’t think you do at all.

Herro/Robinson were the liabilities as they should have been not Butler

I offer alternatives, and rational thoughts
but please share us your wisdom.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers