ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#1941 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:05 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I wonder if we can make a savvy sign and trade like the Suns did with Steve Nash back in the day with Kyle Lowry and get a far away pick with potential. Teams that have no space to sign him outright and are title thirsty might be willing to pony up.

Clippers: Yeah seeing Kawhi Kyle and Ibaka together in LA would make me sad too, but we could squeeze them.

Clippers:

Zubac
Patrick Beverly
2028 1st top 5 protected (you can trade 1sts 7 years out I believe)

for

Kyle Lowry sign and trade

Lakers:

Kyle Lowry sign and trade (25 mill per)

for

KCP
Kyle Kuzma
2027 1st unprotected

MIami:

If Miami wants to keep Oladipo and get Lowry...

To Miami

for

Dragic
Iggy
Achiuwa

Philadelphia:

Kyle Lowry (sign and trade)

for

George Hill
Seth Curry
2025 1st

Point is... there are ways he doesn't have to walk away for nothing.

Probably very unlikely either LA teams give an unprotected (LBJ will be 40yo, perhaps out of the league by then) or top-5 protected (PG13 and Kawhi will be declining as well, surely into the mid 30's) for an 36yo PG, just my opinion though.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,799

Post#1942 » by ash_k » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:20 pm

I am fine with FVV, GTjr, OG, PS + Center, but in the summer.
In the playoffs, the Suns will find out that they are one proven-winner-as-a-2nd-option away from being a serious contender with CP3's time running out.

to Phx : Siakam
to Raps: Ayton + Saric +...
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Post#1943 » by Fast_Feets » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:56 pm

why didnt the raps pick up norvelle pelle? NY beat them to it..now is the time to go find Centres to go trial for the year
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#1944 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:44 am

id throw a contract at bagley
Carter_Kobe
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#1945 » by Carter_Kobe » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:55 pm

Wondering how these guys would workout as targets. I'm going to assume we draft 7th and pick up Moses Moody. I haven't really watched any NCAA basketball but let's say he's given G League time for his rookie season (Kid turns 19 in may).

Josh Hart as a back up 2? I don't think Pelicans will keep him with NAW and Ball there
Daniel Theiss - All I remember is him outboarding us in the playoffs lol
Montrezl Harrell - I like him off the bench. Good Scorer and grab boards. Defense is meh
Otto Porter Jr. - Might be a solid bench fit. Won't get paid like his last contract

FVV/Flynn
Trent Jr./Hart?/Moody
OG/Otto?
Siakam/Boucher
Theiss?/Harrell?

A guy I'd really want to throw money at is Jarett Allen, but it's futile since Cleveland will match anything and keep him. Same goes for Lonzo
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 455

Post#1946 » by youngRAPZ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:10 pm

Carter_Kobe wrote:Wondering how these guys would workout as targets. I'm going to assume we draft 7th and pick up Moses Moody. I haven't really watched any NCAA basketball but let's say he's given G League time for his rookie season (Kid turns 19 in may).

Josh Hart as a back up 2? I don't think Pelicans will keep him with NAW and Ball there
Montrezl Harrell - I like him off the bench. Good Scorer and grab boards. Defense is meh
Otto Porter Jr. - Might be a solid bench fit. Won't get paid like his last contract

FVV/Flynn
Trent Jr./Hart?/Moody
OG/Otto?
Siakam/Boucher
Theiss?/Harrell?

A guy I'd really want to throw money at is Jarett Allen, but it's futile since Cleveland will match anything and keep him. Same goes for Lonzo

If that’s our offseason I’m going to throw up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,620

Post#1947 » by Psubs » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:13 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
Carter_Kobe wrote:Wondering how these guys would workout as targets. I'm going to assume we draft 7th and pick up Moses Moody. I haven't really watched any NCAA basketball but let's say he's given G League time for his rookie season (Kid turns 19 in may).

FVV/Flynn
Trent Jr./Hart?/Moody
OG/Otto?
Siakam/Boucher
Theiss?/Harrell?

Ya that's a NY Knicks style sign 3rd tier vets off-season.

Sign and trade Lowry to Philly for Seth Curry, Paul Reed and flip George Hill to New Orleans for Steven Adams and future Laker 1st pick.

PG FVV - Flynn - Curry
SG Trent - Curry - Harris
SF OG - 1st pick - Watson
PF Siakam - Boucher - Yuta
C Adams - Boucher - Reed
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#1948 » by youngRAPZ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:35 pm

Psubs wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:

FVV/Flynn
Trent Jr./Hart?/Moody
OG/Otto?
Siakam/Boucher
Theiss?/Harrell?

Sign and trade Lowry to Philly for Seth Curry, Paul Reed and flip George Hill to New Orleans for Steven Adams and future Laker 1st pick.

PG FVV - Flynn - Curry
C Adams - Boucher - Reed

Adam’s sucks now I’d much rather just cut our loses with Kyle and sign Holmes resign GTJ and hope we get Cade Suggs or green

Holmes/vet min. /2nd rd pick
Siakam/Bouche / 2nd rd. Pick
Og/ Vet left over cap /Bembry
Cade/ GTJ / Harris
VV/ Flynn / vet. Min pg

To me that’s def. second with a chance to battle the nets in conference finals as soon as next year maybe 2023

Carter_Kobe
Sophomore

Post#1949 » by Carter_Kobe » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:36 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
Psubs wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:If that’s our offseason I’m going to throw up.

PG FVV - Flynn - Curry
C Adams - Boucher - Reed

Adam’s sucks now I’d much rather just cut our loses with Kyle and sign Holmes resign GTJ and hope we get Cade Suggs or green

Cade/ GTJ / Harris
VV/ Flynn / vet. Min pg

To me that’s def. second with a chance to battle the nets in conference finals as soon as next year maybe 2023

:lol: I was hoping that would add a good amount of depth. But yea, that team screams no man's land. This is why I'm not a GM
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#1950 » by youngRAPZ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:45 pm

Carter_Kobe wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
Psubs wrote:

PG FVV - Flynn - Curry
C Adams - Boucher - Reed

Cade/ GTJ / Harris
VV/ Flynn / vet. Min pg

:lol: I was hoping that would add a good amount of depth. But yea, that team screams no man's land. This is why I'm not a GM

I think we close. It would’ve been nice to get something for Kyle so the dead weight expires by the off-season but now I feel a sign and trade is just going to net us useless pieces and make our rebuild an extra year trying to get off the contracts we receive in return and we have no cap to sign a good center

Carter_Kobe
Sophomore

Post#1951 » by Carter_Kobe » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:59 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
Carter_Kobe wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:Adam’s sucks now I’d much rather just cut our loses with Kyle and sign Holmes resign GTJ and hope we get Cade Suggs or green

Cade/ GTJ / Harris
VV/ Flynn / vet. Min pg

I think we close. It would’ve been nice to get something for Kyle so the dead weight expires by the off-season but now I feel a sign and trade is just going to net us useless pieces and make our rebuild an extra year trying to get off the contracts we receive in return and we have no cap to sign a good center

I get that same feeling. We're in that position where we aren't bad enough to tank since a couple of bench pieces and decent center has us in the playoff picture and not bad enough to bottom out. Although I am opposed to tanking beyond 1 season. It seems like we have to just put all of our hope on a top 5 pick this draft. It's time to rest the guys and let them get to their offseason early
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#1952 » by youngRAPZ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:02 pm

I’m in favour of shutting VV down can’t risk his hip and him turning into the next Isaiah Thomas. Give Flynn Trent and OG the keys and plan a fake pascal injury

anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Post#1953 » by anotherhomer » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:10 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:I’m in favour of shutting VV down can’t risk his hip and him turning into the next Isaiah Thomas. Give Flynn Trent and OG the keys and plan a fake pascal injury

well, Lonzo ball's been out since March 18

tank or no tank, FVV should really take some time to rest.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1954 » by YelloC » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:17 pm

One overlooked aspect of acquiring the 2nd rounders for players that were caught in a log jam is that now Masai/Bobby could use one or both of those picks to trade for recent draftees that are also caught in positional log jams.
Memphis could actually be one of those teams if Jaren Jackson returns to form. They actually are one of the better drafting teams over the last 3-5 years.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#1955 » by h4rrison » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:34 pm

Anyone prefer Suggs as top prospect?

I think Suggs is the best guard in this draft and would take him over Cade/Green. Potentially Mobley as well but he fits a need at Center so I'd consider him at #1.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#1956 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:50 pm

h4rrison wrote:Anyone prefer Suggs as top prospect?

I think Suggs is the best guard in this draft and would take him over Cade/Green. Potentially Mobley as well but he fits a need at Center so I'd consider him at #1.

If Suggs can really play and defend the PG position in the NBA, then he has to be considered. If he's just a small SG, then I'm not quite as interested.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#1957 » by h4rrison » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:52 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
h4rrison wrote:Anyone prefer Suggs as top prospect?

If Suggs can really play and defend the PG position in the NBA, then he has to be considered. If he's just a small SG, then I'm not quite as interested.

I'd say he's the best for each top prospect at their position in terms of defense maybe second to mobley.

Cade/Green is not going to be a top defender at their positions.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#1958 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:55 pm

YelloC wrote:One overlooked aspect of acquiring the 2nd rounders for players that were caught in a log jam is that now Masai/Bobby could use one or both of those picks to trade for recent draftees that are also caught in positional log jams.
Memphis could actually be one of those teams if Jaren Jackson returns to form. They actually are one of the better drafting teams over the last 3-5 years.

With all the successful undrafted players we're seeing, I wonder if 2nd round picks are worth more than they use to be. Especially if it's harder to get a FRP in a trade.

Certainly, no mid level team is giving away their FRP unless a superstar is coming back. The top teams can afford to because the FRP is only in the 28-30 range: e.g. the Bucks trading for Jrue Holiday.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#1959 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I wonder if we can make a savvy sign and trade like the Suns did with Steve Nash back in the day with Kyle Lowry and get a far away pick with potential. Teams that have no space to sign him outright and are title thirsty might be willing to pony up.

Clippers: Yeah seeing Kawhi Kyle and Ibaka together in LA would make me sad too, but we could squeeze them.

Clippers:

Zubac
Patrick Beverly
2028 1st top 5 protected (you can trade 1sts 7 years out I believe)

for

Lakers:

Kyle Lowry sign and trade (25 mill per)

for

KCP
Kyle Kuzma
2027 1st unprotected

MIami:

If Miami wants to keep Oladipo and get Lowry...

To Miami

for

Dragic
Iggy
Achiuwa

Philadelphia:

Kyle Lowry (sign and trade)

for

George Hill
Seth Curry
2025 1st

Point is... there are ways he doesn't have to walk away for nothing.

Probably very unlikely either LA teams give an unprotected (LBJ will be 40yo, perhaps out of the league by then) or top-5 protected (PG13 and Kawhi will be declining as well, surely into the mid 30's) for an 36yo PG, just my opinion though.

I think they would get Zubac TPE and way off first at best. My guess is Masai wants the cap space for players he truly wants not ones that provide relief for conference competitors.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#1960 » by mademan » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:52 am

borderline impossible for the LA teams or the Sixers to get a S&T in while remaining under the hard cap. You're looking at a market of 1 team, Miami, and thats if they plan on bringing back Oladipo, who might prove to be shot, in which case they have the cap space to sign Kyle outright.

Return to Toronto Raptors