ImageImageImage

Game 48 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-15) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30) l Thursday l 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Re: Game 48 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-15) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30) l Thursday l 7pm 

Post#141 » by syntax » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:34 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Without Jimmy Butler there wasn’t much of a series. He kept us afloat against the Raps. Now looked what he’s done afterwards.

But sure prefer Horford/Richardson/Harris over him be my guest

You shut up lol

If Butler could shoot the 3 Sixers beat the Raptors easily. Miami would have had a chance against the Lakers.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

If Ben could shoot threes all of the discussions on this board would be half as big lol.

I do have a clue I don’t think you do at all.

Herro/Robinson were the liabilities as they should have been not Butler

I offer alternatives, and rational thoughts
but please share us your wisdom.

AD was going under screens. Butler was passing up wide open 3s. Do some reading.

https://www.insider.com/jimmy-butler-dared-shoot-3-pointers-lakers-finals-2020-10
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Re: Game 48 : Philadelphia 76ers (32-15) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-30) l Thursday l 7pm 

Post#142 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:35 pm

syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:
If Butler could shoot the 3 Sixers beat the Raptors easily. Miami would have had a chance against the Lakers.

If Ben could shoot threes all of the discussions on this board would be half as big lol.

AD was going under screens. Butler was passing up wide open 3s. Do some reading.

https://www.insider.com/jimmy-butler-dared-shoot-3-pointers-lakers-finals-2020-10

What was Herro/Robinsons Defensive rating hmm?
Huge liabilities
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#143 » by syntax » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:38 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Huge liabilities

You're stupid as $hit.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#144 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:48 pm

syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:

Huge liabilities

You're stupid as $hit.

As dumb as a person without a paddle
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#145 » by syntax » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:50 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Huge liabilities

You're stupid as $hit.

Read the article.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#146 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:17 pm

1. Shake's skillset and tendency as a rhythm player fits better as a starter and Seth is more of the microwave 2nd unit scorer. Hill, Seth , Howard , Thybulle ... Is a formidable bench.

2. Mike Scott needs to be waived. Ben Simmons in the playoffs is best functioned as a F/C. Thybulle needs to slide to the back up 4/3 position. He has the length and quickness to disrupt both positions. Offensive he will be better up positions.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#147 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:27 pm

syntax wrote:You're stupid as $hit.

Don't do this.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,472

Post#148 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:29 pm

DCasey91 wrote:

And don't do this.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#149 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:06 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

And don't do this.

This was referencing myself lol
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#150 » by LloydFree » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:19 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:1. Shake's skillset and tendency as a rhythm player fits better as a starter and Seth is more of the microwave 2nd unit scorer. Hill, Seth , Howard , Thybulle ... Is a formidable bench.

2. Mike Scott needs to be waived. Ben Simmons in the playoffs is best functioned as a F/C. Thybulle needs to slide to the back up 4/3 position. He has the length and quickness to disrupt both positions. Offensive he will be better up positions.

If George Hill is healthy, he's better than both Danny Green and Seth Curry.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#151 » by phifans » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:48 am

syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:
You need to stop your whining after every game. Butler having no 3pt shot and shooting 26% from 3 was a massive factor against the Raps.

In fact, it was a massive factor for Miami against the Lakers.

Just shut up man.

Without Jimmy Butler there wasn’t much of a series. He kept us afloat against the Raps. Now looked what he’s done afterwards.

But sure prefer Horford/Richardson/Harris over him be my guest

You shut up lol

If Ben Simmons could shoot we've already been the Champions but hey let's just accept and embrace what he is ... wait Butler couldn't shoot ? Just get his ass out of here because Ben can't play with someone who can't shoot ... :lol:
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#152 » by Sixerscan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:21 am

Read on Twitter

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=10

^ just the last 10 without Embiid has been great too, still the top defense over that stretch by 3.5 p/100. Excellent effort.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#153 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:14 am

DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

No I mean to say there’s a chance it’s even worse than that. I’ll keep my thoughts private but the middle/end career Ben isn’t going to be pretty at all unless he puts everything and I mean everything into defense. (I don’t think he has that mentality at all spoonfed, number 1 pick etc, college lazy, the warning signs have been there pre draft.)

I think we have the same belief but my position is to just make the most with the cards we’re dealt with.

Even Morey knows this when Ben was almost traded for Harden.

You can even say Rafael Stone and Fertita may both also know this thats why they rather have Oladipo.

This is also why Im not a fan of the Al trade because we wasted one of our most valuable asset (2025 1st is our highest valued 1st round pick) for cap flexibility to sign (likely overpay) mamalou dialo and bobby portis in the offseason :lol:

Anyway were now here.. this is what we have.. good thing we didnt double down on our mistakes by overpaying for Lowry.

Let’s just find ways to maximize Ben. Then be more efficient in translating paper assets into talent. And if there’s an opportunity for a big talent, let’s be aggressive.

Yup, I’d include everyone including Maxey, Milton and Paul Reed. :evil:

I’m of the belief we should add younger underutilized/undervalued talent that has age demos between (21-24) that could well breakout into solidified consistent minute players based on better circumstances on this team. There’s needs to fill and popping up a second or third stringers that really shouldn’t be (Simons/Goga/Nowell/Hart) could pay off down the road. I can see all 4 playing more minutes on this team by virtue of filling an important role. Backup center, Backup PG, Backup SG etc.

Hill will do a lot for Ben and Embiid’s game. But it’s high strung on the limitations on Ben (below average big man skills).

Would you swing for the fence on Jalen Green in this years draft? I believe if he’s not picked in the first 3 (he shouldn’t btw if I was a draft scout) I would swing for him. Caters for now and for the future potential to be a superstar two guard.

Ive seen Jalen Green play in person a handful of times. He visits our country regularly because of his parent’s lineage. He’s raw and he doesnt fit our timeline. And for a rebuilding team that is looking for a franchise player in the same caliber as guys like Giannis, Biid and etc, his upside ia tier below them as of now.

Right now our mentality should be more of a ponzi scheme manager trying to sell some assets because of it’s long term prospect. And we need to not waste those assets because our best chance to get big value with those assets is by accumulating them into a single package or keep sideway trading (young player for pickswaps) until we can build ourselves a good package for a trade.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#154 » by DCasey91 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:45 am

Fair Giannis was well raw and Embiid was injured,
His athletic profile and what he is already screams out as the top pick by a margin for me.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#155 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:54 am

DCasey91 wrote:Fair Giannis was well raw and Embiid was injured,
His athletic profile and what he is already screams out as the top pick by a margin for me.

Its likely (most times but not always) smoke and mirrors.

Watch TLC amateur highlights to know why.

Most of them are just playing against subpar competition. They’d fold once they meet guys like Gobert around the rim.

I’d be more comfortable if he has a good foundational skillset. Like watching LeBron back in HS.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#156 » by DCasey91 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:59 am

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Fair Giannis was well raw and Embiid was injured,

Its likely (most times but not always) smoke and mirrors.

Watch TLC amateur highlights to know why.

Most of them are just playing against subpar competition. They’d fold once they meet guys like Gobert around the rim.

I’d be more comfortable if he has a good foundational skillset. Like watching LeBron back in HS.

But he does though off ball certainly he knows what he’s doing against grown men. He isn’t playing college ball which is a joke before going to the big league
For me I have him par with Ingram (potential to be better with his freak athleticism) once I know he can finish with contact around the rim he’s an all star/all nba player easily. Can shoot, NBA teams will run Beal action (off ball/on ball) for him. Who knows what’s under there but if it’s A class work ethic boom he’s a top 3 shooting guard in 3-4 years I believe certainly.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#157 » by zaz102 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:53 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=10

^ just the last 10 without Embiid has been great too, still the top defense over that stretch by 3.5 p/100. Excellent effort.
Dallas surprises me where they're at. If they stay hot, they may threaten pushing the Lakers to 8th.

If Lakers have AD and LeBron back come playoff time, they have to be the favorites, but it would be interesting if they had to enter as the the 7th or 8th seed

Return to Philadelphia 76ers