PG: Bucks Pound Blazers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Blazers 

Post#41 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:24 am

rilamann wrote:I love how Forbes is a 12th man on a bad team, yet continues to be part of our regular rotation while Merrill and Nwora watch from the bench. Tonight was fun but I'll say it again, this team is going absolutely nowhere as long as Bud is coaching it.

Watch Nwora on defense. He's some combination of Big Dog and Jabari. It is especially comical after he loses his man, then physically points out to his teammates to pick up his guy. Until he figures out what he's doing on defense, Bud won't play him during meaningful points of a game.

With Merrill, you can see the tools, but he's got to get used to having NBA players put on-ball pressure on him. He may or may not be able to overcome that.

You'll see less of Forbes as Teague gets acclimated.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#42 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:05 pm

I remember arguing with someone on here about how vastly overrated Covington’s defense is. His skill set is denying the ball, once his guy gets the ball he gets cooked just as bad as any other player in the league. Tonight was a prime example of that.

I wish we had a list of all the players people wanted to trade Middleton for over the years. So many of them would have been absolutely disastrous moves. Off the top of my head:

Kristaps
Kyrie
Covington
Derozan
LaVine
Warriors #2 pick
Bojan Bogdonovic
Malik Monk
Mo Bomba
Blake Griffin
Lou Williams
Evan Fournier
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,130

Post#43 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:32 pm

Nurk is going to have nightmares about playing against the bucks...

Besides a meaningless dunk towards the end he was trash. He was so awful. He missed everything inside the restricted area. Omg. He was so bad, he was like old bucks bad. We would be tearing our eyeballs out if he was a buck.

Giannis was so MVP.

And my goodness that Dunk!

I had to rewind and watch it 10 times before I could continue watching the game...

He gathered at the 3pt line and the ball didn't touch the ground again. Omg it got me jumping out of my chair.

How many years he's been doing that and I still can't believe it. Was so incredible.

Jrue is good at basketball. Top 10 two way player in the league. Jrue is sometimes not fair to opposing players.

This team looks really good when the opponent misses all their open 3s.

Quality win. Teague looked like he belonged.

Horst makes mistakes, but I give him credit it for recognizing them and fixing them sooner than later.
#FreeChuckDiesel
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#44 » by leroyjw10 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:38 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
BigO wrote:It would be nice if we could get some points from Donte. He missed a lot of wide open shots.

Never happened. If Donte missed an open shot it was on purpose to motivate Giannis to be more aggressive while he is on the floor thereby padding his advanced stats.

Don’t look now, but our almost friend Bogdan is averaging 25 points (on 56/57/100 splits), 6 assists, and 5 boards in his last three games.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#45 » by Coach Carter » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:48 pm

Giannis just WOW!
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#46 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:52 pm

The Blazers, with Powell, are seriously good. Is this the Bucks best win of the year?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#47 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:54 pm

I fell asleep in the second quarter. I hate west coast trips. Good to hear we pretty much just kept rolling.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#48 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:05 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Nurk is going to have nightmares about playing against the bucks...

Besides a meaningless dunk towards the end he was trash. He was so awful. He missed everything inside the restricted area. Omg. He was so bad, he was like old bucks bad. We would be tearing our eyeballs out if he was a buck.

This sounds like either an overreaction to a one game sample size of a guy who came back a week ago after missing a few months with a broken wrist or the jilted ex of someone who recently left them for a large Balkan man.

:lift:
Read on Twitter
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#49 » by midranger » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:07 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I fell asleep in the second quarter. I hate west coast trips. Good to hear we pretty much just kept rolling.

It got down to 2 or 3 in the third iirc, and we just re-blasted them.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
BigO
Veteran
And1: 2,943

Post#50 » by BigO » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:47 pm

JayMKE wrote:Love the defense and bully ball from Jrue, wish we saw more of that kind of offense in NBA instead of chucking 3s.

Totally agree. When Vin Baker was with the Bucks, isolation and post up was the big thing. Now it's the high ball screen and force teams to help and then hit the open three. I love the individual post-up game. Those two isolations of Jrue on Dame were great theater.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#51 » by Daver » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:48 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
BigO wrote:It would be nice if we could get some points from Donte. He missed a lot of wide open shots.

Never happened. If Donte missed an open shot it was on purpose to motivate Giannis to be more aggressive while he is on the floor thereby padding his advanced stats.

Lol im sure soneone will pull some advanced metric stat to show even tonight that donte who shot like **** was still the best player on the floor tonight who cares if be doesnt score
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,130

Post#52 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:51 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:Nurk is going to have nightmares about playing against the bucks...

This sounds like either an overreaction to a one game sample size of a guy who came back a week ago after missing a few months with a broken wrist or the jilted ex of someone who recently left them for a large Balkan man.

:lift:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#53 » by Daver » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:52 pm

The raps sure upgraded themselves with trent jr dudes been smoking on O he would be our perfect #2
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#54 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:54 pm

Wonka wrote:Jrue Holiday is the most underrated player in the NBA.

The other players used to routinely vote him 2nd in this category, right behind Lillard if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure where to find that survey these days, but it happened a few times.

Khris was voted 3rd at least once as well.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#55 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:21 pm

Daver wrote:The raps sure upgraded themselves with trent jr dudes been smoking on O he would be our perfect #2

He hasn't been even close to as good as Powell, and would be our 5th best player. Basketball isn't horse, Trent just doesn't do enough of the other things.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Post#56 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:22 pm

Daver wrote:The raps sure upgraded themselves with trent jr dudes been smoking on O he would be our perfect #2

Trent has played 5 games with the Raps. He's had 2 bad games against good teams and 3 good games against bad teams, 2 of which they lost. Trent is younger and cheaper (for now) so in the long run it may be a good trade for the Raps.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#57 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

Trent has played 5 games with the Raps. He's had 2 bad games against good teams and 3 good games against bad teams, 2 of which they lost. Trent is younger and cheaper (for now) so in the long run it may be a good trade for the Raps.

I'll make a prediction. Trent will be one of the games most overpaid players next year, and Toronto will pass on the offer sheet Trent gets.

Players who average 2.8 rebounds and 1.6 assists per 36 shouldn't get $25 million a year, but in this market he will, and then we'll see the regret. Tim Hardaway 2.0
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#58 » by jschligs » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:50 pm

Watching Melo throw up 2 that hit the side of the backboard and an air ball in a row was ****ing hilarious. Yea he hit 2 late, but man those were rich.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#59 » by H2tObes » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:17 pm

Gotta love Jrue

Giannis is pretty good too I guess
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#60 » by M-C-G » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:36 pm

Wonka wrote:Jrue Holiday is the most underrated player in the NBA.

I don't know if this is 100% true, but I know I massively underrated Jrue.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks