PG: Bucks Pound Blazers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Blazers 

Post#61 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:38 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Wonka wrote:Jrue Holiday is the most underrated player in the NBA.

I don't know if this is 100% true, but I know I massively underrated Jrue.

Same here, or he's improved. He hasn't really played for a real coach before coming here.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#62 » by M-C-G » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:42 pm

Ok, does anyone have any ideas how we could isolate our traditional 3 pt attempts (so just behind the line) from our '4 pt attempts' (like 4 feet behind the line)?

Because I think three or four guys are absolutely killing their shooting by trying be '4 pt shooters' but I have no idea how to isolate that. Brook, Pat, DDV all seem pretty unsuccessful from that range and I feel like need to stop trying to hit from that distance.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#63 » by M-C-G » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:45 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Wonka wrote:Jrue Holiday is the most underrated player in the NBA.

I don't know if this is 100% true, but I know I massively underrated Jrue.

Same here, or he's improved. He hasn't really played for a real coach before coming here.

I was at a game where he put up like 35 points and just smoked us. Like we couldn't even slow him down and just figured he was having the game of his life. But now I just realize, his change of speeds + power + touch is just exceptional. Such a fun player to have and I do think he is our #2 and Midds is #3 now and it makes us a better team come playoffs. Now if Midds can't get to his spots or gets locked up by Kawhi or whatever, we have very good other option that wasn't really there before.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#64 » by -Jragon- » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:52 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
BigO wrote:It would be nice if we could get some points from Donte. He missed a lot of wide open shots.

Never happened. If Donte missed an open shot it was on purpose to motivate Giannis to be more aggressive while he is on the floor thereby padding his advanced stats.

Don’t look now, but our almost friend Bogdan is averaging 25 points (on 56/57/100 splits), 6 assists, and 5 boards in his last three games.

Bro do you even VORP at all? All those made shots might be discouraging teammates from trying harder while he's on the floor with him; Donte would never think of trying that.

Our plan is to miss shots and hope Harden takes it easy on us - advanced
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#65 » by glenn » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:56 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Never happened. If Donte missed an open shot it was on purpose to motivate Giannis to be more aggressive while he is on the floor thereby padding his advanced stats.

Don’t look now, but our almost friend Bogdan is averaging 25 points (on 56/57/100 splits), 6 assists, and 5 boards in his last three games.

Bro do you even VORP at all? All those made shots might be discouraging teammates from trying harder while he's on the floor with him; Donte would never think of trying that.

Our plan is to miss shots and hope Harden takes it easy on us - advanced

This exchange is hilarious, just not for the reason you think it is.
:reporter:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#66 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:10 pm

M-C-G wrote:I don't know if this is 100% true, but I know I massively underrated Jrue.

Don't think anyone under-rated him. He was an all-star back in 2013. He's always been what we've seen this season.

He's a lot like Middleton. No real flaws, capable of taking over a game occasionally. But at the same time, for whatever reason, not able to impose his will every night like the top 15 or so guys in the league are able to do.

The real question is whether the Jrue we've seen the last 8 games can stay as assertive (and healthy) from here on out. If he can, we've got a decent shot to get the Finals.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#67 » by M-C-G » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:I don't know if this is 100% true, but I know I massively underrated Jrue.

Don't think anyone under-rated him.

Someone did. It was me.

I also don't watch anyone other than the Bucks though, so limited view of a lot of other players.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#68 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:26 pm

If we somehow manage to hide our terrible depth in the playoffs by playing our big 3 +40 minutes per game, Jrue will worth every penny(first pick) in the end. He is a baller and the first all star level player we managed to bring in Milwaukee in Giannis era.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#69 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:08 pm

We were hoping for a game where our big three all play well. Here it was. And we looked fantastic. However, Portland’s defense leaves a lot to be desired. Let’s see if we can reproduce this result against better defenses.

About Jrue, I’ve had a strong feeling for a while that he’s like the point guard version of Kawhi. He needs to be the number two option and get way more usage from here on out.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#70 » by -Jragon- » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:19 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
BigO wrote:It would be nice if we could get some points from Donte. He missed a lot of wide open shots.

Makes me sick to think of the amount of tampering it took to create the Nets and Lakers dream teams. They probably hope that by sabotaging us Giannis will force his way to a bigger market for his chip.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#71 » by Shaffty » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:10 pm

Tried to tell ypu guya about the jrue add

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#72 » by soxperry » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:24 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:If we somehow manage to hide our terrible depth in the playoffs by playing our big 3 +40 minutes per game, Jrue will worth every penny(first pick) in the end. He is a baller and the first all star level player we managed to bring in Milwaukee in Giannis era.

Is our depth really that bad w a healthy Tucker and Teague added? I dont think it is.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,222

Post#73 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 3, 2021 7:25 pm

Shaffty wrote:Tried to tell ypu guya about the jrue add

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Pssshhh, I've been calling him our Jimmy Butler since day 1.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#74 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:04 pm

soxperry wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:If we somehow manage to hide our terrible depth in the playoffs by playing our big 3 +40 minutes per game, Jrue will worth every penny(first pick) in the end. He is a baller and the first all star level player we managed to bring in Milwaukee in Giannis era.

Is our depth really that bad w a healthy Tucker and Teague added? I dont think it is.

If we remain healthy and our bench hits their open 3s in the playoffs it's not that bad but those are very big IFs based on our last two playoff seasons.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#75 » by raferfenix » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:18 pm

Jrue was not intimidated by Dame at all and just played so smooth out there.

That will be especially valuable when the going gets tough in the playoffs, in stark contrast from Bledsoe.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,436

Post#76 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:39 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I remember arguing with someone on here about how vastly overrated Covington’s defense is. His skill set is denying the ball, once his guy gets the ball he gets cooked just as bad as any other player in the league. Tonight was a prime example of that.

I wish we had a list of all the players people wanted to trade Middleton for over the years. So many of them would have been absolutely disastrous moves. Off the top of my head:

Kristaps
Kyrie
Covington
Derozan
LaVine
Warriors #2 pick
Bojan Bogdonovic
Malik Monk
Mo Bomba
Blake Griffin
Lou Williams
Evan Fournier

Some of those would have been good? And people also wanted a Middleton for Jimmy trade too :dontknow:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,436

Post#77 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:45 pm

Think Jrue is rated properly imo. Really good almost great player who doesn't quite (as PP just said) impose his will enough to be a top guy.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#78 » by jschligs » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:51 pm

It’s important to note that we’re 3rd in the NBA in 3P%, so yes, removing the 27-30 footers we take would definitely help, but we’re still really good at shooting this year even though you wouldn’t know by looking at this board.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#79 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:21 pm

blazza18 wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:I remember arguing with someone on here about how vastly overrated Covington’s defense is. His skill set is denying the ball, once his guy gets the ball he gets cooked just as bad as any other player in the league. Tonight was a prime example of that.

I wish we had a list of all the players people wanted to trade Middleton for over the years. So many of them would have been absolutely disastrous moves. Off the top of my head:

Kristaps
Kyrie
Covington
Derozan
LaVine
Warriors #2 pick
Bojan Bogdonovic
Malik Monk
Mo Bomba
Blake Griffin
Lou Williams
Evan Fournier

Some of those would have been good? And people also wanted a Middleton for Jimmy trade too :dontknow:

Yeah like I said off the top of my head.

I love Jimmy, I think he’s a great player better than Khris overall, but he also doesn’t shoot 3’s so I still think that’s probably not a great fit.

In general I think Khris’ game is just so boring that his 20/5/5 line just doesn’t have the flash that some of the highlight plays those above guys have had in their careers. It’s reminiscent of guys like Peja and Michael Finley who made tough shots but you wouldn’t see clips going viral today.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#80 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:25 pm

jschligs wrote:It’s important to note that we’re 3rd in the NBA in 3P%, so yes, removing the 27-30 footers we take would definitely help, but we’re still really good at shooting this year even though you wouldn’t know by looking at this board.

The Bucks shooters have really improved at floating around on offense to get better looks on kick outs. It’s probably Forbes best skill outside of shooting the ball itself. He knows where to be to receive a natural screen or lead his defender into a switch. That’s something that hopefully Sam and Nwora will learn as well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks