Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness 

Post#1801 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:35 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:The Badgers would smoke Houston.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Houston rebounds the ball really well. It just doesn’t matter if the other team doesn’t miss and you can’t hit your shots.

Bucks legend Kelvin Sampson had a good run. Nice to see him succeeding after he was tossed from IU on some bull.

What? Sampson's Indiana run was an unmitigated disaster.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1802 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:36 am

Also, UCLA :o
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#1803 » by midranger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:47 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Also, UCLA :o

Really like this UCLA team
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#1804 » by Matches Malone » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:49 am

Jalen Suggs is a star! wow
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1805 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:51 am

That sequence D-to-O for Gonzaga was bananas.
midranger
RealGM

Post#1806 » by midranger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:57 am

Come on UCLA!
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#1807 » by mattg » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:59 am

Juzang looks like John Salmons offensively. Also, no idea why he didn't just pull up for a mid range J when he's been on fire
midranger
RealGM

Post#1808 » by midranger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:06 am

UCLA is just tightening up here in Ot
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#1809 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:10 am

wowwwwwwwwww
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1810 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:10 am

Are you **** kidding me???
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,977

Post#1811 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:11 am

HOLY ****
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1812 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:11 am

OMG WTF
midranger
RealGM

Post#1813 » by midranger » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:13 am

Unreal gmae
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,709

Post#1814 » by Wonka » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:16 am

That was an incredible sequence. Suggs is the real deal.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,941

Post#1815 » by humanrefutation » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:16 am

Incredible game. Gut punch for UCLA.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#1816 » by mattg » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:19 am

All time classic game.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#1817 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:24 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:The Badgers would smoke Houston.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Houston rebounds the ball really well. It just doesn’t matter if the other team doesn’t miss and you can’t hit your shots.

Bucks legend Kelvin Sampson had a good run. Nice to see him succeeding after he was tossed from IU on some bull.

Indiana was 22-4 when they fired Sampson during the NCAA’s witch hunt. I was at the game in Madison when we beat them in what can only be described as the ugliest game of basketball you will ever see…

His run at IU is only remembered as a disaster because all the players entered the draft or transferred after he was canned. His recruiting violations were so minimal it’s a complete joke the NCAA imposed their will on him the way they did. Teams have been throwing money at guys for years and Sampson gets hosed for phone calls and texting.

Coach Cal has had wins vacated at multiple schools yet hasn’t come anywhere close to being punished like Sampson was for making phone calls. Hell, our football coach survived the shoe box incident and became AD lmao.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#1818 » by BUCKnation » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:00 am

I’m quick to s*** on college bball but that game was top tier all the way around. Easily one of the best games wire to wire that i’ve seen since probably 2016 game 7
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1819 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:49 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Indiana was 22-4 when they fired Sampson during the NCAA’s witch hunt. I was at the game in Madison when we beat them in what can only be described as the ugliest game of basketball you will ever see…

His run at IU is only remembered as a disaster because all the players entered the draft or transferred after he was canned. His recruiting violations were so minimal it’s a complete joke the NCAA imposed their will on him the way they did. Teams have been throwing money at guys for years and Sampson gets hosed for phone calls and texting.

Coach Cal has had wins vacated at multiple schools yet hasn’t come anywhere close to being punished like Sampson was for making phone calls. Hell, our football coach survived the shoe box incident and became AD lmao.

It really has nothing to do with how good the team was. I didn't say he isn't a great coach.

His run there was a disaster because Oklahoma got put on multi-year probation for all of his recruiting violations, and he went to Indiana and immediately started doing the exact same thing. It is not a complete joke they imposed their will on him; they increased their sanctions because he knowingly did the exact same thing again.

I'm not arguing what is or is not a violation. I have no idea how Calipari continues to get away with what he does, but it has nothing to do with him. Sampson knew the rules - because he was just reprimanded for them - and wasted like literally 0 days in breaking them immediately at his new job, resulting in Indiana (not just him) being put on probation.

Not to mention the whole drugs thing.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#1820 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:58 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

It really has nothing to do with how good the team was. I didn't say he isn't a great coach.

His run there was a disaster because Oklahoma got put on multi-year probation for all of his recruiting violations, and he went to Indiana and immediately started doing the exact same thing. It is not a complete joke they imposed their will on him; they increased their sanctions because he knowingly did the exact same thing again.

I'm not arguing what is or is not a violation. I have no idea how Calipari continues to get away with what he does, but it has nothing to do with him. Sampson knew the rules - because he was just reprimanded for them - and wasted like literally 0 days in breaking them immediately at his new job, resulting in Indiana (not just him) being put on probation.

Not to mention the whole drugs thing.

……players smoke weed here at Madison too. Trevon Hughes was a massive stoner during his time here. He used to come over to our buddies house and rip bong hits regularly. There were videos of some of the football players doing blow at Mifflin around that time lmao.

Sampson was sacked by the old boys club. Is what it is. He broke an archaic set of rules that have since been completely amended. The headlines looked good back when it all went down, but once you read what had actually occurred it was a slap in the face. Now coaches are in contact with recruits daily through texts and DMs.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks