Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#121 » by HOTCARL_o » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:34 pm

bad knees wrote:I'm not buying Frank. But here's a name for you: Cam Payne. In 17 mpg for the Suns, he has a 15.9 PER, is shooting 40% from the 3, and has a DBPM of 1.1. Outstanding free throw shooter, so he can be used at the end of games, 3.6 assists per game in his limited time, and a very low turnover rate. And he is a FA after this season.

Better than Lonzo Ball in many statistical categories, for probably 1/4 the price. Would leave room to go get another FA.

We'll get a chance to get a preview tonight.

He’s a better player now than when he was last here but man I just don’t like him lol. Maybe it’s the flashbacks of him playing on the bulls.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#122 » by sco » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:09 pm

HOTCARL_o wrote:
bad knees wrote:I'm not buying Frank. But here's a name for you: Cam Payne. In 17 mpg for the Suns, he has a 15.9 PER, is shooting 40% from the 3, and has a DBPM of 1.1. Outstanding free throw shooter, so he can be used at the end of games, 3.6 assists per game in his limited time, and a very low turnover rate. And he is a FA after this season.

Better than Lonzo Ball in many statistical categories, for probably 1/4 the price. Would leave room to go get another FA.

We'll get a chance to get a preview tonight.

He’s a better player now than when he was last here but man I just don’t like him lol. Maybe it’s the flashbacks of him playing on the bulls.

I like Cam on a cheap deal. It could allow us to try to get something back for Coby.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#123 » by gobullschi » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:02 pm

:banghead: I’d rather the Bulls not spend their cap then use it on a guy like Cam Payne. Guys... Let’s set our eyes on something better.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,370

Post#124 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:28 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
The Box Office wrote:Frank Ntilikina and THT in the starting line up next year for us? That ensured that we're a lottery team again.

Let that last game serve as exhibit A as to why Ntilikina makes sense as a 5th starter for us.

? What last game? Frank Ntilikina is out for the last 3 games. The last game he played in, he only had zero points, zero assists, 4 rebounds, 15 minutes. I don't see anything good about that.

Right now, Ntilikina is averaging 4 points, 0.8 assists, 1.4 rebounds. In his 4 years, he has shown that he's a bench journeyman point guard. Even his very own NY Knicks don't think high of him. That's why they got Derrick Rose for the 2nd time and drafted Quickley. Ntilikina's current PER is 6.7 and win shares is 0.2. I wouldn't be surprised if Frank is let go after his rookie deal is done. He's no diamond in the rough.

As for Laker's THT, I wouldn't want him to be a starter here. His stats are very low and LeBron is currently out. THT has not stepped in to make a name for himself in LeBron's absence.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#125 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:51 pm

The Box Office wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
The Box Office wrote:Frank Ntilikina and THT in the starting line up next year for us? That ensured that we're a lottery team again.

Let that last game serve as exhibit A as to why Ntilikina makes sense as a 5th starter for us.

? What last game? Frank Ntilikina is out for the last 3 games. The last game he played in, he only had zero points, zero assists, 4 rebounds, 15 minutes. I don't see anything good about that.

Right now, Ntilikina is averaging 4 points, 0.8 assists, 1.4 rebounds. In his 4 years, he has shown that he's a bench journeyman point guard. Even his very own NY Knicks don't think high of him. That's why they got Derrick Rose for the 2nd time and drafted Quickley. Ntilikina's current PER is 6.7 and win shares is 0.2. I wouldn't be surprised if Frank is let go after his rookie deal is done. He's no diamond in the rough.

As for Laker's THT, I wouldn't want him to be a starter here. His stats are very low and LeBron is currently out. THT has not stepped in to make a name for himself in LeBron's absence.

I'm talking about Booker torching us. Which every star guard is going to do.

THT is a stud. Dynamic player. Probably a better prospect than Williams.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,133

Post#126 » by Tetlak » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:59 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Let that last game serve as exhibit A as to why Ntilikina makes sense as a 5th starter for us.

Uh, yeah. I've read that a couple times on this board randomly. Not sure if it was you each time - THT is literally worse than Pat at everything except ballhandling. He's also smaller and less athletic.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#127 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:25 pm

Tetlak wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

Uh, yeah. I've read that a couple times on this board randomly. Not sure if it was you each time - THT is literally worse than Pat at everything except ballhandling. He's also smaller and less athletic.

I think you have it flipped. He's better than PWill at everything except shooting.

And I'm not really that down on PWill mind you. He's a good piece.

He's 20lbs bigger than Williams also so clearly not smaller.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Post#128 » by chitowndish » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:46 pm

I don’t have a good answer to this but just I guess this is the place to commiserate that I was all in on Halibuton and that dude would be perfect for this team. I fully understand there isn’t a chance in hell we get him now but he would have been a great fit.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#129 » by MGB8 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:34 pm

There are a really two types of targets: “buy low” and “premium” (for lack of a better term).

I can’t really think of any premium targets that would work - the Bulls aren’t a team that is a Chris Paul (much less Lowry, Conley) away from near contention. Lonzo would be the best bet, I but don’t love the idea of overpaying for him. Ditto THT, who hasn’t proven that he can shoot. Can’t think of anyone else who would fit and also really be gettable.

One “buy-low” candidate that would fit, IMO, is Justise Winslow. 13M team option next year... could be declined. He hasn’t been healthy in 2 years, but his last healthy year in MIA, he was shooting the 3 well on decent volume, distributing pretty well, and also capable of being a “downhill” attacker - something the Bulls still lack.

Another buy low option, though via trade, would be Jarrett Culver. His 3 has been slow in coming along, and compounded by his health issues, leading to some regression. But there is a reason he was the 5th overall pick - there is some talent there to try to rehabilitate.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,337

Post#130 » by drosestruts » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:13 pm

MGB8 wrote:There are a really two types of targets: “buy low” and “premium” (for lack of a better term).

I can’t really think of any premium targets that would work - the Bulls aren’t a team that is a Chris Paul (much less Lowry, Conley) away from near contention. Lonzo would be the best bet, I but don’t love the idea of overpaying for him. Ditto THT, who hasn’t proven that he can shoot. Can’t think of anyone else who would fit and also really be gettable.

One “buy-low” candidate that would fit, IMO, is Justise Winslow. 13M team option next year... could be declined. He hasn’t been healthy in 2 years, but his last healthy year in MIA, he was shooting the 3 well on decent volume, distributing pretty well, and also capable of being a “downhill” attacker - something the Bulls still lack.

Another buy low option, though via trade, would be Jarrett Culver. His 3 has been slow in coming along, and compounded by his health issues, leading to some regression. But there is a reason he was the 5th overall pick - there is some talent there to try to rehabilitate.

Justise Winslow could be an interesting choice. Point-forward with good defense. Is it a player or team option on his contract? Go with Zach / Williams / Winslow / Vucevic lineup. Would just need to find a guard with good defense and shooting (hello Lonzo, but don't see how we do both).
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#131 » by sco » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:22 pm

drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:There are a really two types of targets: “buy low” and “premium” (for lack of a better term).

Justise Winslow could be an interesting choice. Point-forward with good defense. Is it a player or team option on his contract? Go with Zach / Williams / Winslow / Vucevic lineup. Would just need to find a guard with good defense and shooting (hello Lonzo, but don't see how we do both).

Looks like a team option. I'd do Winslow too. He was showing signs of being a decent point forward on MIA.
:clap:
mszymko
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#132 » by mszymko » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:21 pm

Dream fits: Duncic: Morant, Butler

Out of our league fits: Beal, Lowry, Jrue

How about... Hield, Smart, Ball, or Walker?
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#133 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:54 am

4 days old but I would love it. I think Schröder moves the needle more than Ball. His combined 3pt% for the past 3 seasons is 36.3%.

Read on Twitter
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#134 » by ZOMG » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:23 am

MalagaBulls wrote:4 days old but I would love it. I think Schröder moves the needle more than Ball. His combined 3pt% for the past 3 seasons is 36.3%.

Read on Twitter

This guy literally turned down a 4-year, $84 million extension. One of the craziest decisions by a player with career averages of 14.2pts/4.6ast I can remember. Schröder is ok but he's no difference maker.

The Bulls better not be the team who pays him MORE money than that.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#135 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:25 am

waffle wrote:I still applaud the trade/trades.

An improvement on on ball/perimeter defense would help this team a TON. Would make Vuch look that much better. Having your bigs, even fairly mobile bigs, have to cover for weak perimeter D is a recipe for disaster...

We need a pesky PG. He doesn't even have to be an assist machine or a sniper. We share the ball pretty darn well already.

So gimme a pesky PG. I am open to suggestions.

See.... this is something I've said for a few years. We spent all this investment in a point guard and the best one we had is kris Dunn. I knew he'd still be our best pg since d.rose left. Unless someone feels rondo was. Only problem with Dunn is he's so injury prone. So we always needed 3 pg's going into the season. And I know our coaches and everyone loves Archie but we need a clear upgrade with our 3rd string level guards. Chi will not improve till that spot is addressed with talent.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#136 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:03 am

ZOMG wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:4 days old but I would love it. I think Schröder moves the needle more than Ball. His combined 3pt% for the past 3 seasons is 36.3%.

Read on Twitter

This guy literally turned down a 4-year, $84 million extension. One of the craziest decisions by a player with career averages of 14.2pts/4.6ast I can remember. Schröder is ok but he's no difference maker.

You're not getting a better 3&D PG either via trade or FA. The pickings are slim. Who do you suggest?
donaldtrump_00
Analyst

Post#137 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:08 am

ZOMG wrote:

Read on Twitter

Those are his lakers stats. The team is ran through LeBron and Davis. And you got Harrell who can easily demand a bigger role. Now Drummond. Dennis has to work for his points more than ever and mainly off the ball.

In Chicago he'd be a clear 21 ppg type player. We need his scoring alot more than the Lakers who never needed schröder to begin with, just LeBron felt he needed to secure another ring.

But no he's not worth that much. But look at players like Drummond and Otto porter. He's looking at all that. You can't blame him for wanting much more. At the end of the day he will take 20 million a year. He's no fool. Whether it's with the Lakers or a different team. And Chicago really has no choice. Look at it like this. Schröder is technically doing what Lauri does offensively. But tbh it's sad Chicago is destroying there future just to get back in the playoffs. We are going nowhere unless that big time rookie joins this team.

Coby white is going to take 2 or 3 years before he realizes how the game is played. Pat Williams is looking like there's something there. I need to see alot more but he's our only hope. Maybe troy brown jr can find a legit role after valentine and temple are gone. Either way we need a rookie to turn into a star to become a contender. (Period)
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:28 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Read on Twitter

Those are his lakers stats. The team is ran through LeBron and Davis. And you got Harrell who can easily demand a bigger role. Now Drummond. Dennis has to work for his points more than ever and mainly off the ball.

In Chicago he'd be a clear 21 ppg type player. We need his scoring alot more than the Lakers who never needed schröder to begin with, just LeBron felt he needed to secure another ring.

But no he's not worth that much. But look at players like Drummond and Otto porter. He's looking at all that. You can't blame him for wanting much more. At the end of the day he will take 20 million a year. He's no fool. Whether it's with the Lakers or a different team. And Chicago really has no choice. Look at it like this. Schröder is technically doing what Lauri does offensively. But tbh it's sad Chicago is destroying there future just to get back in the playoffs. We are going nowhere unless that big time rookie joins this team.

Coby white is going to take 2 or 3 years before he realizes how the game is played. Pat Williams is looking like there's something there. I need to see alot more but he's our only hope. Maybe troy brown jr can find a legit role after valentine and temple are gone. Either way we need a rookie to turn into a star to become a contender. (Period)
It's unfortunate how Lauri's situation has been handled but given the roster construction I would see more benefit to paying a 3&D PG like Schröder 21-23M per year. As it shakes out it is a position of need and he ticks a lot of boxes. I would go as high as 4/92M with a year 4 player option.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 643

Post#139 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:01 pm

The target has to be surrounding our two all stars with roleplayers who know how to play basketball.

Jalen Brunson should definitely be on the Bulls radar.
ROLES & HOLES
donaldtrump_00
Analyst

Post#140 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:43 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

It's unfortunate how Lauri's situation has been handled but given the roster construction I would see more benefit to paying a 3&D PG like Schröder 21-23M per year. As it shakes out it is a position of need and he ticks a lot of boxes. I would go as high as 4/92M with a year 4 player option.

Let me make myself perfectly clear. I'm all for Schroeder or Jalen Brunson. Or even Lonzo Ball. I'd hate to see coby white forced into the lineup unless he shows vast improvement. I've been on coby needs time to develop thing for a year in a half. It took for him to miss games and come back to officially see he kills the momentum. But I'd hate to see him 3 years from now on a different team balling out. I do see his future as bright. Just now he's to young and dumb. I say that as constructive criticism.

I'm just getting tired of seeing him take ill advised shots while the game is still in reach and his misses are usually a instant basket for the opposite team. Then he plays lackadaisical defense like he's mad he's not getting his shots.seems more competitive to be a superstar then trying to win the game.

I'd he's our 3rd option sure he can stay and he will still play just at sg and when our other pg's are playing trash. If it wasn't for Thad young this team would be dead last in wins. It's still hard to win even with vucevic. Because we have players who think there already the future until traded.

As for Lauri. I just want him to get a legit go to shot or be aggressive nonstop. He's mad he's lost his starting spot but he's a stand still shooter for the most part. Doesn't create on his own. Has no trickery to his game. All line drive and basic stuff. It's nerve reckoning his game has stayed the same in year 4. A true pg couldn't save him. He needs to learn how to play the game a little more loose and get away from his comfort zone. He has skills but needs easier ways to score.

But the more I see it I feels like Schroeder is already our guy. He just scores so easily and can replace Sato. He'll eat up all our cap space so no Lauri no Sato. Few others will go. I doubt Thad will go anywhere with how he's playing. It's at a point Zach will leave for sure if he's gone

Return to Chicago Bulls