Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#141 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:59 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:The target has to be surrounding our two all stars with roleplayers who know how to play basketball.

Jalen Brunson should definitely be on the Bulls radar.

He reminds me of rose. Not as fast and not as athletic. But he idolizes his game. I can tell. He even does rose triple threat move on a regular. Then the floater and attacks like him. But he's a scorer. I don't know to much on his nightly playmaker skills. Just looks average at it to me. And I like trey Burke to since we looking at Dallas pg's
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#142 » by sco » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:45 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:The target has to be surrounding our two all stars with roleplayers who know how to play basketball.

Jalen Brunson should definitely be on the Bulls radar.

He reminds me of rose. Not as fast and not as athletic. But he idolizes his game. I can tell. He even does rose triple threat move on a regular. Then the floater and attacks like him. But he's a scorer. I don't know to much on his nightly playmaker skills. Just looks average at it to me. And I like trey Burke to since we looking at Dallas pg's

I am all over Brunson as our target, but I think Dallas still has his rights on a cheap deal next season - do I have that wrong?

As for Schroder, I like him, but I feel like signing him for a 4/$80M+ deal is not the best use of that cap space. He is a scoring-minded PG who is a below-average 3pt shooter and middling play maker, and has limited upside. Stat-wise and $wise, we'd be better off just rolling with Sato and signing a guy like Rose, Payton or Mills for less to ensure White is not mistaken for our PG next season.
:clap:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#143 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:53 pm

With Lauri likely gone I would hope that an athletic, defensive 4 would be the priority. Or maybe a 3 and put PW at the 4.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#144 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:13 pm

coldfish wrote:With Lauri likely gone I would hope that an athletic, defensive 4 would be the priority.

Isn't that Theis? Maybe you're talking about a Theis who can score. That would be better, of course, but costly.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#145 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:17 pm

I still think we'll end up operating over the cap, so I'd look for trades instead of only FAs.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#146 » by sco » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:49 pm

Ice Man wrote:
coldfish wrote:With Lauri likely gone I would hope that an athletic, defensive 4 would be the priority.

Isn't that Theis? Maybe you're talking about a Theis who can score. That would be better, of course, but costly.

I am starting to come around with the quantity over quality approach. Keeping Theis and Brown, we'll have Aminu, Thad and PWill. We can definitely add another back-up C on a vet min deal to set a bar for Marko Simonovic to overcome. And then we try to nab Rose, Mills or some other experienced PG for the MLE. There isn't a likely a FA who is both a good fit and a star that we'll be able to afford.
:clap:
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#147 » by StunnerKO » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#148 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:25 pm

If I'm AK, I get on the phone with Masai and see what I can get done for Pascal Siakam.

* Perfect 3rd option after a nice 1a/1b combination in Zach & Nikola.

* Solves alot of defensive issues in the future with Pascal & Patrick in the SL.

I'm going in that direction first, see if anything is there by seasons end. I'd even expand it to add Vanfleet if I could. Lonzo Ball would be the back-up plan.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#149 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:31 pm

With Holiday extending it significantly thins out the potential FA PG market. I would never pay that much. Schröder's leverage & price might go up dramatically.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#150 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:54 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:With Holiday extending it significantly thins out the potential FA PG market. I would never pay that much.

A shockingly high price. He's playing well, but he's 30 years old and the team's third option.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#151 » by Mk0 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:27 pm

Schroder's 3pt shot isn't great. He was solid in OKC but his shot dropped off this year and has been an issue with Lakers fans on the GB.

His last four seasons,
.290 on 3.9 attempts
.341 on 4.6 attempts
.385 on 5 attempts
.333 on 3.2 attempts

If you are lucky he is a rhythm shooter who isn't getting the attempts he needs in LA but he could get in Chicago.

* I am lukewarm on him. He is a solid player but I don't know if he is the guy I would target, expecially at the price point, though the market may dictate that cost.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#152 » by TheStig » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:19 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Jrue left money on the table. It's only 135 guaranteed. He could have gotten a full 5 year max in the offseason.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#153 » by TheStig » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:20 pm

Ice Man wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:With Holiday extending it significantly thins out the potential FA PG market. I would never pay that much.

A shockingly high price. He's playing well, but he's 30 years old and the team's third option.

Not a high price at all. He had MKE by the balls. Could have gotten a full 5 year max in the summer.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,047

Post#154 » by jordanwilliams6 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:54 pm

We need to also look for an athletic PF, who can give us an interior presence on D but also space the floor with shooting.

I’m not sure who that is and it doesn’t need to be a star, but someone in the mould of prime Serge Ibaka would be great. We could also grab an athletic wing who is a good interior defender (similar to PWill) and run interchangeable SF/PF. That player would probably be Jerami Grant.
mszymko
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#155 » by mszymko » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:11 pm

John Wall would be a good name 2 keep an eye on.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#156 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:46 pm

mszymko wrote:John Wall would be a good name 2 keep an eye on.

Yuck. For over $40 million? And he isn’t even a winning vet.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,419

Post#157 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:48 pm

Mk0 wrote:Schroder's 3pt shot isn't great. He was solid in OKC but his shot dropped off this year and has been an issue with Lakers fans on the GB.

His last four seasons,
.290 on 3.9 attempts
.341 on 4.6 attempts
.385 on 5 attempts
.333 on 3.2 attempts

If you are lucky he is a rhythm shooter who isn't getting the attempts he needs in LA but he could get in Chicago.

* I am lukewarm on him. He is a solid player but I don't know if he is the guy I would target, expecially at the price point, though the market may dictate that cost.

Hard pass on Schroder for what he'll likely command.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#158 » by coldfish » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:20 am

I would not be surprised if the offseason results are that Lauri walks for nothing, Zach gets a raise and an extension, some of the vets who play well get retained and the roster is filled out with value vet contracts.

As much as I want to find a gem in free agency, I just don’t see one out there. The FA class is horrific and lots of teams have money.

Right now, that plan looks like an awful decision. We can talk in 15 games or so and see then.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#159 » by CobyWhite0 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:01 am

coldfish wrote:I would not be surprised if the offseason results are that Lauri walks for nothing, Zach gets a raise and an extension, some of the vets who play well get retained and the roster is filled out with value vet contracts.

As much as I want to find a gem in free agency, I just don’t see one out there. The FA class is horrific and lots of teams have money.

Right now, that plan looks like an awful decision. We can talk in 15 games or so and see then.

There is absolutely zero chance that Zach gets a raise and extension. Do you know how many times that has happened in NBA history? It doesn't happen.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#160 » by coldfish » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:06 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
coldfish wrote:I would not be surprised if the offseason results are that Lauri walks for nothing, Zach gets a raise and an extension, some of the vets who play well get retained and the roster is filled out with value vet contracts.

There is absolutely zero chance that Zach gets a raise and extension. Do you know how many times that has happened in NBA history? It doesn't happen.

It’s a pretty unique situation. You have to have an all star level player who is paid significantly less than the max and soon to be an unrestricted free agent and the team needs a significant amount of cap space.

Return to Chicago Bulls