Image ImageImage Image

OT : Space Jam 2 : New Legacy

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#21 » by StunnerKO » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:47 pm

It’s a damn kids movie Jesus Christ , who expecting the Departed? Guess the first space jam movie was a Jordan ego trip then but that time he got kidnapped to help the tunes win a basketball game so they wouldn’t be prisoners lol
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,329

Re: OT : Space Jam 2 : New Legacy 

Post#22 » by fleet » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:03 pm

StunnerKO wrote:It’s a damn kids movie Jesus Christ , who expecting the Departed?

Probably nobody expected the Departed. I was hoping for something creative, intelligently written and enjoyable for everyone as an upgrade. If you have to be 10 to like the overproduced movie, it is likely a swing and a miss. We shall see. To me, there was sort of an unspoken imperative to be a special by itself, or at least try to be. The original wasn’t like, a good movie, but it had its simple place, and a fun and popular soundtrack as well. If it’s just a damn kids movie, the attempt shouldn’t have been made. But even if it is just a damn kids movie, it doesn’t have to suck either.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#23 » by StunnerKO » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:29 pm

me saying it’s a kid movie was at your point thinking it’s a Lebron ego trip . Lol it’s basically ready player one with nothing but WB properties which is smart to separate itself from the Original film . Nobody wanted to see the same thing from the previous movie so if you’re doing a reboot offer something different from the original movie which it is. Most of you guys are assuming it’s a Lebron ego trip because how Lebron acts in the sports world which I don’t see how you can tell from this trailer. But if there’s an athlete that likes poking fun of himself it’s Bron rather it’s SNL or anything else. The director in Malcom Lee has made some decent movies in the past some hit and miss plus Ryan Coolger is on as producer who was behind Black Panther , Creed , Fruitvale Station and helped produced Judas and the Black Messiah. I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out a decent movie because some clever minds are behind it
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#24 » by fleet » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:43 pm

Black Panther and Creed were the only movies on that list Ive seen. Fruitvale has a good rep, its on my list. I will just say that I couldn’t finish watching Black Panther. Creed, well the Rocky franchise was out of gas long ago, it was just another one of that. We will see. Lebron is a decent actor at times, surprisingly so, but he actually didn’t perform well as an actor in that trailer to me. MJ is stiff, but I’m not sure that acting talent is important to the genre. As I’ve already said, the original wasn’t a great movie at all, but it has a good sort of feel and presence to it that would be hard to top. Lebron should have never thrown chalk either. It is possible that this generation has already forgotten the original, and it will be up to current standards, of which I am not a fan of. But I may be out of touch.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#25 » by RastaBull » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:18 pm

Cabbage bulls wrote:Say what you want about LeBron, but he is a far better actor than MJ. Not even close.

It’s kinda funny that in the wider debate of GOAT, the top of the debate could also include acting haha. I say that because Kareem is miles better than both!!
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#26 » by Jcool0 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:53 am

Read on Twitter
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,049

Post#27 » by erlim » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:05 am

RastaBull wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:Say what you want about LeBron, but he is a far better actor than MJ. Not even close.

It’s kinda funny that in the wider debate of GOAT, the top of the debate could also include acting haha. I say that because Kareem is miles better than both!!

Boban beats all in John Wick 3.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#28 » by Red8911 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:35 am

F Lebron James copying MJ.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#29 » by jake_swivel » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:21 am

dougthonus wrote: the movie itself doesn't look like it will be anything but a little kid movie in the realm of Spy Kids or Shark Boy and Lava Girl which is probably about what the original was as well.

Don't diss Spy Kids, bruh. Robert Rodriguez's finest.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#30 » by fleet » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:46 pm

Red8911 wrote:F Lebron James copying MJ.

If he’s gonna do it, hopefully he pays homage to the original in this movie. I have a feeling Lebron just ignored it all, which is so Lebron.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#31 » by samwana » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:51 pm

If I want to see LeBron acting I can watch a Lakers game. Since I can't stand his act, I won't watch.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,205

Post#32 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:02 pm

It is interesting that the Departed is mentioned because that is also a remake, which I know because I was a fan of the original film. So in a way this is kind of like the Departed.

To be honest I never liked Space Jam aside from the fact that MJ was in it and I was a Bulls fan. I was too old for it to be my demographic at the time and I didn't have children yet. My son is young nd likes Basketball a bit mostly because I do I am sure and his first memorable game was watching Kawhi hit that game 7 shot against Philly. He has no interest in LeBron because well I never talk about him but he is a big Jordan fan for obvious reasons growing up with me as a father. Point of that rant is I doubt Space Jam is high on his list to watch. He has seen the original and that wasn't all that interesting to him either.

This is a bad analogy because it doesn't exactly fit because without question Zepplin was better, but LeBron is kind of doing what Zepplin did. Zepplin ripped off other people's songs and stole old blues riffs to make world changing music. They were even insanely blatant in some of their plagiarism. Yet with Led Zeppelin, they honestly improved on the songs without question. LeBron is trying this with Space Jam.... maybe it is an improvement it legitimately could be, but it looks like it is more warmed over leftovers.

Man LeBron really ruined a good thing and he almost saved Kobe's legacy. Before "The Decision" LeBron was mostly well loved in the league, home tome kid that kept his head on and lived up to the hype. The the Decision happened and he literally became the most polarizing and unlikable player in the game. That was Kobe's spot before that moment, then Kobe became beloved. The Decision will absolutely go down to me as one of the worst PR moves ever (I mean it still can't touch what Kevin Spacey did which still gives me chills). Had the hoopla around it not been so big (and I do understand it was for charity) and he just teamed up with his boys in Miami the day FA started he would have less haters, but he turned a lot of people on him that day. He also isn't a "bad" guy any metric. Personal life, MJ was a far worse person off the court (yet MJ isn't the total monster some people paint him out to be either) The Decision though changed the optics on LBJ forever and he has leaned into it since then and he remains polarizing since then. I am not nor never will be in his shoes so I can't fathom what decisions I would have made, but I do believe he could have been more universally loved had he handled the past decade a little better. Different era, the media was on him 24-7 etc... its tough I get it but it is still a fact. I would assuredly have broken at age 16,17 being under the scrutiny that he was at that age.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#33 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:16 pm

I think the plot is goofy, but the movie looks okay.

Kidnapping his son to play a basketball game. I understand they have to change it up from the first one, but can't believe that's the best they could come up with.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,700

Post#34 » by dougthonus » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:36 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I think the plot is goofy, but the movie looks okay.

Kidnapping his son to play a basketball game. I understand they have to change it up from the first one, but can't believe that's the best they could come up with.

So weird to think the plot even has any relevance in this type of movie to me :lol:
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#35 » by jc23 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:05 pm

Speaking of Monstars i read recently that Shawn Bradley was paralyzed due to being hit by a car while on his bike. sad story.
Be curious, Not judgmental
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#36 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:30 pm

I'm excited and mostly curious to see how they bring in all these old characters they claim are gonna be in it-

If you look at this list there are some classic movies here that we've never seen pixared/cartooned-

On April 3, 2021, the first trailer was released online revealing that characters from all franchises owned by Warner Bros. Pictures will appear in the film as well as all its films including: The Wizard of Oz, The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, A Clockwork Orange, Tomb Raider, Joker, Million Dollar Baby, The Mask, The Legend of Tarzan, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Independence Day, Friday the 13th.....

I want to see a 2021 cartoon versions of Alexander from Clockwork Orange, Bogart from Malteese/Casablanca and Freddy and Jason?

Cujo and Regan from the Exorcist in there too?
maybe they can have Pastor Carl do a cameo and jump from a bedroom window like Father Karras......

and Joan Crawford and Bette Davis from Baby Jane?
How are they gonna work that into this movie?

That piques my curiuosity for sure.

I think it will be a cool story and irony of LeBron son playing hoops.
I mean I hope Bronny Jr makes it to the NBA to play with his dad.

and it was awesome to hear the words 'in theatres this summer!!!!"

I mean i'm not going to a movie theatre yet to sit close for hours with strangers yet - but cool we can again.....
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Post#37 » by cool007 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:34 pm

I watched the first Space Jam many many times and I loved the storyline and how the Monstars stole the talent but they forgot MJ as he was the baseball player - just amazing music that fit MJ really well and just overall.

This LeBron's Space Jam is probably good and now that AI in 2021 is so much improved, it would look a lot better than the first one but the lack of good storyline like the first one, is going to not give this movie as much good ratings.

I will definitely watch it once though.

Return to Chicago Bulls