ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Jazz (7PM EST) 

Post#81 » by ejs78 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:04 am

I was told the season was over at 9-14
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:This* is such a bizarre board - as an admitted outsider. You are, almost universally, soooooo negative about your team. Its beyond belief. Great game by the Mavs today - controlled the full strength Jazz every quarter. And KP adds to your team - just take it from me. Unreal.

* I've looked at other Mavs forums and they are just as bad. Something in the water in Dallas? I don't see this elsewhere.

Kp for sure doesn't help, if he isn't playing and he didn't play 18 games and counting.

Idiocracy. The Mavs had him play two playoff games with the injury that needed surgery .. and then delayed the surgery (on the optimistic hope it wouldn't be necessary) on the possibly reasonable, but mistaken, belief the season wouldn't begin until mid February.

So ... your point is?

You are all just unremittingly negative across the whole board.

It's a bizarre fandom for me. I'm really curious if you can show me somewhere on the internet where you are positive and optimistic as Mavs fans.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#82 » by fuller4379 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:26 am

On the positive side, KP was out because of a wrist sprain as opposed to his knees. Sounds like he injured it in January.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#83 » by JD45 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:30 am

It's impressive the Mavs won without KP. But I think it is an overreaction to take that to mean they are better off without him. Despite his flaws and not living up to our expectations, he is having the best offensive year of his career. Maybe his defense is not as good, but he is scoring more efficiently with a much higher PER ( 32nd in the NBA)and better TS% than any other year.

I don't have a problem trading him for the right deal, but it will take something substantial to make up for his productivity.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#84 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:29 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:This* is such a bizarre board - as an admitted outsider. You are, almost universally, soooooo negative about your team. Its beyond belief. Great game by the Mavs today - controlled the full strength Jazz every quarter. And KP adds to your team - just take it from me. Unreal.

* I've looked at other Mavs forums and they are just as bad. Something in the water in Dallas? I don't see this elsewhere.

I said the same thing last week. I’m a huge Mavs fan and it’s odd to see so many “fans” that hate this team. I don’t get it. Mavs will very likely be in 6th place by the end of this month and you would think they are the worst team in the league based on the comments here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#85 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:31 am

ejs78 wrote:I was told the season was over at 9-14
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Kp for sure doesn't help, if he isn't playing and he didn't play 18 games and counting.

Idiocracy. The Mavs had him play two playoff games with the injury that needed surgery .. and then delayed the surgery (on the optimistic hope it wouldn't be necessary) on the possibly reasonable, but mistaken, belief the season wouldn't begin until mid February.

So ... your point is?

It's a bizarre fandom for me. I'm really curious if you can show me somewhere on the internet where you are positive and optimistic as Mavs fans.

So many fair weather fans here. I really don’t get it.

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,461

Post#86 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:35 am

JD45 wrote:It's impressive the Mavs won without KP. But I think it is an overreaction to take that to mean they are better off without him. Despite his flaws and not living up to our expectations, he is having the best offensive year of his career. Maybe his defense is not as good, but he is scoring more efficiently with a much higher PER ( 32nd in the NBA)and better TS% than any other year.

I don't have a problem trading him for the right deal, but it will take something substantial to make up for his productivity.

Nobody says they're better without him, but is very likely that other 30 mio player, who is be able to stay healthy, would have been better. Tell me, who was crucial in more games for Mavs this season, KP or Brunson? Every Mavs player helped to win more games, I just think that KP's influence is not in proportion to his salary.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#87 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:41 am

I fell asleep in the middle of the 3rd, from th eplay by play, right before they went on a run.
Gobert was amazing yesterday (like he always does against the Mavs), Mavs stayed in the game when he;s in the lineup with great defense and hustle, and accumulated leads when he was on the bench, the game was won from the 3 pt line.
Melli, even though he was not hitting his shots, is a blessing on the court, an unexpected great addition.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#88 » by leolozon » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:07 pm

Mr B wrote:

I said the same thing last week. I’m a huge Mavs fan and it’s odd to see so many “fans” that hate this team. I don’t get it. Mavs will very likely be in 6th place by the end of this month and you would think they are the worst team in the league based on the comments here.

That's a weird graphic considering he averaged 29/9/9 last year. The other level is the 3pt%.

64.9 TS% in March which is incredible. But coming back down to Earth now. 53.4 in April (just 3 games).
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,593

Post#89 » by Dirk » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:08 pm

We knew they shot the **** out of the ball

Luka off the ball shooting on the go :o

Yikes, Luka is doing this stuff to a decent defender.

guille_4 wrote:BRUNSON! He's been unreal in the last 5 games. Way to step up.

Great drives lately.

dirkforpres wrote:Hardaway on his way to getting paid again this summer playing like this

Hard not to love that guy. Makes me question my perception of players on other teams that are labelled as inefficient chuckers.

dirkforpres wrote:Honestly, I’ll never understand how Dwight Powell ever gets playing time

Two nice plays.

Melli neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeded to hit this

And Luka tried that thing with the back again
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#90 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:26 pm

I love THJ, and he has the best chemistry with Luka in the team, and I would never risk letting him go, but you need to be very careful with his extension, he's a limited player, below average defense, below averge drive to the basket and finish near the basket, 15 million/yr is more than enough.
The problem is that players see GTJ rejecting 54million/4, Shroeder 84/4, Jrue getting the max, and it's hard to sign reasonable contracts.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#91 » by Archx » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:32 pm

leolozon wrote:64.9 TS% in March which is incredible. But coming back down to Earth now. 53.4 in April (just 3 games).

That's because of his FT's, 45% lol. From 3pt range he is still 37%.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#92 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:50 pm

Archx wrote:
leolozon wrote:64.9 TS% in March which is incredible. But coming back down to Earth now. 53.4 in April (just 3 games).

That's because of his FT's, 45% lol. From 3pt range he is still 37%.

Luka's far the most reliable shot is suddenly 3-pointer and there's extra bonus, you're not getting many FTs shooting 3s. :D
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#93 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:58 pm

This is aimed at ... Rick fire, he has read the game well ...
1+1=11
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#94 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Idiocracy. The Mavs had him play two playoff games with the injury that needed surgery .. and then delayed the surgery (on the optimistic hope it wouldn't be necessary) on the possibly reasonable, but mistaken, belief the season wouldn't begin until mid February.

So ... your point is?

The main problem is that probably 1/3 of these folks arent even Mavs fans, they're just Luka fans. So they just trash the team because doing so makes Luka look even better for being Luka. It gets annoying after a while

I can understand the frustration with KP though, and not being happy with where we are. Yes the team was ravaged by health issues, but sitting at #7 with an utterly useless play in scenario can be nerve racking. All it take s is a bad game or 2 and you're out. if they didnt have that stupid new add in, then i'd be perfectly comfortable with where things were.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#95 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:45 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The main problem is that probably 1/3 of these folks arent even Mavs fans, they're just Luka fans. So they just trash the team because doing so makes Luka look even better for being Luka. It gets annoying after a while

I can understand the frustration with KP though, and not being happy with where we are. Yes the team was ravaged by health issues, but sitting at #7 with an utterly useless play in scenario can be nerve racking. All it take s is a bad game or 2 and you're out. if they didnt have that stupid new add in, then i'd be perfectly comfortable with where things were.

Trashing team? Like you were trashing Brunson? ;)

I admit, I was wrong about Mavs being able to win so many games. I didn't expect Luka becoming Curry like 3-point shooter overnight and I for sure didn't expect incredible Brunson. Some others, even Richardson, played some good games too. But Luka/Brunson playing unbelievable are the main reason for Mavs going up, unfortunately 7th place doesn't bring much this year. Another problem is that Denver and Portland have improved roster now.

We can admit or not, but KP is a problem. He didn't play a lot and Mavs are 9:9 without him. He just brings to little for a max. player.

Do you really believe that only Luka fans don't care about Mavs winning?
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#96 » by XTraderXL » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:50 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mr B wrote:So many fair weather fans here. I really don’t get it.

I admit, I was wrong about Mavs being able to win so many games. I didn't expect Luka becoming Curry like 3-point shooter overnight and I for sure didn't expect incredible Brunson. Some others, even Richardson, played some good games too. But Luka/Brunson playing unbelievable are the main reason for Mavs going up, unfortunately 7th place doesn't bring much this year. Another problem is that Denver and Portland have improved roster now.

We can admit or not, but KP is a problem. He didn't play a lot and Mavs are 9:9 without him. He just brings to little for a max. player.

Dont worry, you werent alone in thinking the Mavs cant get it together :D There were only a handful of us who kept saying to be patient and wait until the team is healthy. It was very clear that this team is much better than what they were showing in the first 20-25 games or so. This team is one player away from maybe being a top 4 favorite to win the Championship (if everyone is healthy). Luka is just that good.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#97 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:53 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mr B wrote:So many fair weather fans here. I really don’t get it.

Brunson ahs been great, but he sitll doesnt pass, and he's a PG, so that is a problem. Trent would have been the better pick as he would have higher trade value. And I'll give Brunson credit, he's bailed the Mavs out many times, but Carlisle is a huge part of that. he's made similar guys like Monta Ellis, Yogi ferrel, and Oj Mayo look good here also.

Kp is a problem, we agree there. He's always out and he's shown many childish tendencies where he doesnt play within the team.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#98 » by JD45 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:57 pm

Brunson up to a 20 PER now. Showing how efficiently he is scoring. But only 13 PPG. So he is in the efficient role player range. Need to continue to ramp up his usage to see if he can maintain his effectiveness with more touches.

His development is the main positive for the Mavs this year. I think he is on track to replace THJ as the 3rd scorer.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Bob8
General Manager

Post#99 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:34 pm

JD45 wrote:Brunson up to a 20 PER now. Showing how efficiently he is scoring. But only 13 PPG. So he is in the efficient role player range. Need to continue to ramp up his usage to see if he can maintain his effectiveness with more touches.

His development is the main positive for the Mavs this year. I think he is on track to replace THJ as the 3rd scorer.

It depends what period you're looking. His last 6 games are 24/9/21/15/19/20 all this with fantastic efficiency and being the best in the 4th Q. That is not only role player numbers anymore. He's the only player, who is helping Luka constantly in Q4.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#100 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:39 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Brunson ahs been great, but he sitll doesnt pass, and he's a PG, so that is a problem. Trent would have been the better pick as he would have higher trade value. And I'll give Brunson credit, he's bailed the Mavs out many times, but Carlisle is a huge part of that. he's made similar guys like Monta Ellis, Yogi ferrel, and Oj Mayo look good here also.

Kp is a problem, we agree there. He's always out and he's shown many childish tendencies where he doesnt play within the team.

You shouldn't look Brunson as Pg, he's not, he's pure scorer, very undersized, but somehow that doesn't bother him.

I believe Brunson might have the biggest trade value for the Mavs at the moment, Luka and KP excluded. On the other hand it might be problematic, if they want to keep him, which they should, his price is going up all the time.

Return to Dallas Mavericks