ImageImageImage

GAME 50: Pistons @ Thunder 7PM

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Re: GAME 50: Pistons @ Thunder 7PM 

Post#61 » by Han Solo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:32 am

Sekou and Hayes both looked great. They are 19 and 20 years old. Writing them off now will look bad in a few years. Both have enormous potential.
topsearch92
Junior
And1: 153

Post#62 » by topsearch92 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:42 am

detroitKG wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Hayes has been pretty good on offense. His defense has been bad but I wonder if it’s a product of coming back.
I thought he actually looked really good on defense. Maybe I'm tripping.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

His conditioning isnt there yet, so he got a few times but his hands were very active! Kid can wreak havoc with how quick his hands are.

4 steals, 2 blocks.... deceiving numbers? I can’t watch the games.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,116

Post#63 » by NYPiston » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:44 am

DNice68 wrote:
I made that prediction after they beat the sorry Rockets. I also said 3 or 4 more wins, and two of those wins being against the Thunder and one against the Magic. Now when they beat some teams their not supposed to beat, or some playoff teams during this run, than come beat your chest!

Maybe you can cool it with your snarky replies which you've done multiple times with me. That'll be a start.

Also, I didn't say anything about beating playoff teams. Again, I said that 9-16 in their final 25 wasn't unrealistic then you proceeded with the snarky replies to me for some odd reason.

Anyway, it was nice to see Hayes have a decent game. Something to build on.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#64 » by DNice68 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:46 am

NYPiston wrote:
DNice68 wrote:
I made that prediction after they beat the sorry Rockets. I also said 3 or 4 more wins, and two of those wins being against the Thunder and one against the Magic. Now when they beat some teams their not supposed to beat, or some playoff teams during this run, than come beat your chest!

Maybe you can cool it with your snarky replies which you've done multiple times with me. That'll be a start.

Also, I didn't say anything about beating playoff teams. Again, I said that 9-16 in their final 25 wasn't unrealistic then you proceeded with the snarky replies to me for some odd reason.

Anyway, it was nice to see Hayes have a decent game. Something to build on.

We can agree on Killian.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#65 » by detroitKG » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:46 am

topsearch92 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:I thought he actually looked really good on defense. Maybe I'm tripping.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

His conditioning isnt there yet, so he got a few times but his hands were very active! Kid can wreak havoc with how quick his hands are.

4 steals, 2 blocks.... deceiving numbers? I can’t watch the games.

No he was definitely active on that end! Could tell his conditioning was what lead to him getting beat a few times tonight. Was easily his best game all around! You can see the potential as a two way player..
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#66 » by flow » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:04 am

We now know Hayes can play against g-league competition.

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#67 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:05 am

So if anyone wantsbto come @me concerning Hayes, do it now. I'm out of state, drunk, and ready for a rumble.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#68 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:20 am

flow wrote:We now know Hayes can play against g-league competition.

Pathetic try again. I had to fix this 3 times.
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#69 » by bjones521 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:41 am

But Hayes has looked bad against every team we've played. G league competition NBA backups and NBA starters. Ill give him credit, this is the best ive seen him play regardless of who he was playing against.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#70 » by SamFlow » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:57 am

bjones521 wrote:

But Hayes has looked bad against every team we've played. G league competition NBA backups and NBA starters. Ill give him credit, this is the best ive seen him play regardless of who he was playing against.

He needs time. He'll do best with players around him that attack and run. Attack and Run.
BigDaddyJungle
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#71 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:49 am

For those who want some Killian highlights;

edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#72 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:57 pm

The top 6 minutes guys for the Thunder did not play yesterday.

#7 on the team is Svi, who has been there for a couple weeks? #8 played one game so far.

Man I wish the Pistons could play EVERY game against 9th men and below, plus 2 g-leaguers that were brought up right before that game - as mentioned.

Losing by 50 against the Knicks - who are an 8th seed :lol: :lol: :lol:. Homers are pounding their chests when the Pistons beat a SUPER tanking Thunder, which is what the Pistons should actually be doing.

Hey, maybe the Thunder's management are really stupid and don't know what they are doing? You think thats the case? :banghead:
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#73 » by Manocad » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:03 pm

bjones521 wrote:

He played 7 games right out of the gate, got hurt, and has now played one game since coming back. Not exactly a whopping sample size.
Scottgaf
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#74 » by Scottgaf » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:32 pm

One thing i like about weaver is that he is targeting uber athletic guys. This team is at least playing hard, and dead weight is gone.

It may be a few years, but at least you can see what his plan is. Previous GMs had zero plan, and it was obvious.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#75 » by MotownMadness » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:35 pm

Han Solo wrote:Sekou and Hayes both looked great. They are 19 and 20 years old. Writing them off now will look bad in a few years. Both have enormous potential.

They had a couple hook ups last night
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#76 » by Billl » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:37 pm

Obviously, this wasn't great competition, but but it was nice to see Hayes out there making plays . That was night and day vs his early performances. The guy really needs to tighten up that handle in the offseason though. Some of those plays he's making in space are just going to be turnovers against a physical defense. He's clearly got court vision though, so hopefully he adapts quickly. The other young guys could really benefit from someone who could consistently get them open looks.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#77 » by MotownMadness » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:41 pm

Dude the way some posters hate anything positive we do is just annoying bro. I swear I don't even want these people around when the youngsters are old enough to drink.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#78 » by MotownMadness » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:52 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:The top 6 minutes guys for the Thunder did not play yesterday.

#7 on the team is Svi, who has been there for a couple weeks? #8 played one game so far.

Man I wish the Pistons could play EVERY game against 9th men and below, plus 2 g-leaguers that were brought up right before that game - as mentioned.

Losing by 50 against the Knicks - who are an 8th seed :lol: :lol: :lol:. Homers are pounding their chests when the Pistons beat a SUPER tanking Thunder, which is what the Pistons should actually be doing.

Hey, maybe the Thunder's management are really stupid and don't know what they are doing? You think thats the case? :banghead:

Cool and we start a rookie PG with a rookie backup. Two player nobody thinks highly of at the 2. A rookie SF, Grant and a rookie starting C. Oh wait don't forget about Sekou and Cook.

At least OKC still had SVI who the haters didn't want traded, future MVP Poku and the better frenchmen by some in Maledon.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#79 » by LaSheed » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:54 pm

Hopefully Killian can build off of this! Tough one tonight though!
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#80 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:54 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Dude the way some posters hate anything positive we do is just annoying bro. I swear I don't even want these people around when the youngsters are old enough to drink.
They are soul suckers. They complain about the bad, complain about the good, make fun of people who are excited about the team/players. They are not fans of the game or team, they are fans of making real fans life miserable.

I don't understand it, but it is what it is.

Return to Detroit Pistons