ImageImageImageImage

Chuma Okeke first outlook

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Chuma Okeke first outlook 

Post#161 » by paperboymafia » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:25 pm

Knightro wrote:Okeke's last 7 games.

16.3 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.7 BPG and just 1.3 TOPG on a .524/.467/.923 split in 31.6 MPG.

Loving it. Already surprassing AG in many ways and he's barely getting started.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,575

Post#162 » by 3ddman23 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:29 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
drsd wrote:
richi_v25 wrote:
The Orlando Magical Okekes!

Okeke also "led" the Magic with the worst +/- at -20.

Translated to " I didn't watch the game"

And this is why I dont mess with the +/- advance stats. If you watched that game there is no way you can tell me okeke had a bad game. Its just wild stuff.
GO MAGIC
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Post#163 » by Audi » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:29 pm

Chuma/JI/WCJ seriously gives us the opportunity to fill out with a pure scorer, even one that lacks on defense.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#164 » by drsd » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:36 pm

3ddman23 wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
drsd wrote:

Okeke also "led" the Magic with the worst +/- at -20.

Translated to " I didn't watch the game"

And this is why I dont mess with the +/- advance stats. If you watched that game there is no way you can tell me okeke had a bad game. Its just wild stuff.

I never said Okeke had a bad game.

:)

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#165 » by zaymon » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:42 pm

Audi wrote:Chuma/JI/WCJ seriously gives us the opportunity to fill out with a pure scorer, even one that lacks on defense.

Cole Anthony still has high offensive ceiling. Even if all he does is off the dribble 3 point shooting. It would be cool if most of our starting 5 were our draftees.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#166 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:09 pm

zaymon wrote:
Audi wrote:Chuma/JI/WCJ seriously gives us the opportunity to fill out with a pure scorer, even one that lacks on defense.

Cole Anthony still has high offensive ceiling. Even if all he does is off the dribble 3 point shooting. It would be cool if most of our starting 5 were our draftees.

Can we pretend we drafted WCJ instead of Bamba?
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#167 » by zaymon » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:18 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Who is Bamba ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#168 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:28 pm

zaymon wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
zaymon wrote:Cole Anthony still has high offensive ceiling. Even if all he does is off the dribble 3 point shooting. It would be cool if most of our starting 5 were our draftees.

Who is Bamba ?

If that's a Jeopardy question I might know the answer.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Post#169 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:25 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
fendilim wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Is a rookie now our go-to-scorer? Who knew he would be sp accurate in his 3s?

Not saying he is “IT”.

But even with guys like Bacon, TRoss and other vets, if a rookie is good, he’ll outplay them.

Okeke has been a welcome sight. He does look that athletic but he is effective, and that’s what matters. Style points dont help you win.

Agreed. I don't even feel like he's just chucking either. Still moves the ball correctly. Love that he CAN get his shot.
His handle is better than I thought it would be too.

Yup.. he is everything I want in a SF minus the star power/name lol
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#170 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:29 pm

tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:
CarraT wrote:Gotta be honset, i dont watch the games anymore this season. Do you think Okeke can play SF fulltime next to Isaac at PF and Carter Jr at C? That way we would need to add a lead guard who can score (Cade, Green) and our starters for the next years should be set.

I think he can. He propably still is not in his best form. We would still need great offensive guards.

I agree that i think he can. He isnt doing to be a dynamic offensive SF, but he could be in that 3&D, fill up the box score type of SF. and playing with Isaac who can switch over to SF if needed, its not a bad lineup

I think he has to work om being a SF. Im not sure but even AG looks bigger than him. He will be eaten alive by the PFs of this league unless he grows a couple of inches.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#171 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:36 pm

RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think he can. He propably still is not in his best form. We would still need great offensive guards.

I agree that i think he can. He isnt doing to be a dynamic offensive SF, but he could be in that 3&D, fill up the box score type of SF. and playing with Isaac who can switch over to SF if needed, its not a bad lineup

I think he has to work om being a SF. Im not sure but even AG looks bigger than him. He will be eaten alive by the PFs of this league unless he grows a couple of inches.

bigger or taller? PJ Tucker is playing PF and center at 6'5.Draymond plays it at 6'6. Chuma at 6'7 with 7' wingspan is enough to play with Isaac as just a forward, in my opinion. will there be occasional mismatches? yes, happens all the team, that is why its a team game.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#172 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:33 pm

tiderulz wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:I agree that i think he can. He isnt doing to be a dynamic offensive SF, but he could be in that 3&D, fill up the box score type of SF. and playing with Isaac who can switch over to SF if needed, its not a bad lineup

bigger or taller? PJ Tucker is playing PF and center at 6'5.Draymond plays it at 6'6. Chuma at 6'7 with 7' wingspan is enough to play with Isaac as just a forward, in my opinion. will there be occasional mismatches? yes, happens all the team, that is why its a team game.

Both? Maybe its the camera angle? Side by side I saw them. AG looks to have more than an inch on him.. plus I guess biiger cuz AG had years with NBA conditioning so his muscles are more defined while Chuma's body def looks like a rookie coming out of college and hasnt hit the weight room yet
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#173 » by fendilim » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:36 am

RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think he can. He propably still is not in his best form. We would still need great offensive guards.

on a sidenote: ag looked bigger this year, right?

Did anyone notice it seemed to have slowed him down?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#174 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:35 am

Wendell and Okeke are getting pounded on glass very hard mostly because they are very small for position.
In last 3 games combined, Magic were outrebounded by whooping 36 rebounds.

Okeke is listed as 6'6-229.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#175 » by Bakomagic » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:14 am

pepe1991 wrote:Wendell and Okeke are getting pounded on glass very hard mostly because they are very small for position.

Because WCjr seems to have a strong heavy base and long arms, I don’t agree that he is too small for the center position.

WCjr out rebounded Steven Adams, Gilbert(tbf Gobert only played 20min) and Jokic in the last 3 games so I’m not sure it’s fair to say he’s been pounded on the glass because of his size.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,606

Post#176 » by ogmagicfan » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:55 am

pepe1991 wrote:Wendell and Okeke are getting pounded on glass very hard mostly because they are very small for position.

I’d prefer Okeke play at the SF position, especially cause next year it’ll be easier for him to play next to Isaac at the PF position. The key component of that is him getting to full strength from the ACL injury and returning to the level of explosiveness we saw in college.
drsd
RealGM

Post#177 » by drsd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:23 am

RookieStar wrote:I think he has to work om being a SF. Im not sure but even AG looks bigger than him. He will be eaten alive by the PFs of this league unless he grows a couple of inches.

And-1

Okeke is currebtly a PF. His offensive game is only suited to be a 3-D SF, and I would imagine most here see more to his offensive game than that. But it is a moo point. Isaac is the SF on this team. And both Isaac and Okeke can guard both forward slots.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#178 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:29 am

drsd wrote:
RookieStar wrote:I think he has to work om being a SF. Im not sure but even AG looks bigger than him. He will be eaten alive by the PFs of this league unless he grows a couple of inches.

And-1

Okeke is currebtly a PF. His offensive game is only suited to be a 3-D SF, and I would imagine most here see more to his offensive game than that. But it is a moo point. Isaac is the SF on this team. And both Isaac and Okeke can guard both forward slots.

He is currently the PF because we have no one else. We traded 3 of our PFs and 1 is still injured. I think if Okeke is back 100% with his speed, he can be the SF.
drsd
RealGM

Post#179 » by drsd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:33 am

RookieStar wrote:He is currently the PF because we have no one else. We traded 3 of our PFs and 1 is still injured. I think if Okeke is back 100% with his speed, he can be the SF.

Respectfully, he was drafted to be a PF and coach explicitly stated that he would be playing PF at the season's start.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#180 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:36 am

drsd wrote:
RookieStar wrote:He is currently the PF because we have no one else. We traded 3 of our PFs and 1 is still injured. I think if Okeke is back 100% with his speed, he can be the SF.

Respectfully, he was drafted to be a PF and coach explicitly stated that he would be playing PF at the season's start.

He was? I didnt read about that. I knew that was his college position but I also.knew he had to work.on being SF cuz he cant bully opposing Pfs in the league.

Return to Orlando Magic