ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Lack fundamentals

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,132

Re: PG: Lack fundamentals 

Post#401 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:frank wasn't saving us, stop. listen, just watch the games and hope some of the young guys make a little progress in the paltry 8-12 minutes thibs gives them. that's all there is to care about. there's nothing new left to analyze or talk about. we're mediocre at best and that's it. personally, i'm done with the regular season. i just wanna watch other teams in the playoffs now. i'd fast forward to then if i could.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#402 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:49 pm

Chet Holmgren is probably the best prospect since LeBron James.

The Knicks should start giving the tank a tune up right about now. Trade everyone and play nothing but young guys. Field a roster full of young growing players.

Also, there is a small chance Suggs stays in school to play with Holmgren who is also from Minnesota and is expected to commit to Gonzaga.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#403 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:59 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Chet Holmgren is probably the best prospect since LeBron James.

The Knicks should start giving the tank a tune up right about now. Trade everyone and play nothing but young guys. Field a roster full of young growing players.

Also, there is a small chance Suggs stays in school to play with Holmgren who is also from Minnesota and is expected to commit to Gonzaga.

I'm going to say there is a zero percent chance of that happening. Dude is a lock top 5 pick...no one would be silly enough to turn down that guarantee just to play with a friend.

ROSTER

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#404 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:04 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Chet Holmgren is probably the best prospect since LeBron James.

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#405 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

I'm going to say there is a zero percent chance of that happening. Dude is a lock top 5 pick...no one would be silly enough to turn down that guarantee just to play with a friend.

He hasn't declared yet. Lemme get 1%. :lol:

He took that loss last night pretty bad. He stays to play with Holmgren they could go down as the greatest college basketball team of all time.

And Holmgren? Dear Lord the world ain't ready for such a goofy looking dude to completely dominate the league.

What he did to the younger Bates was insanity. He looks virtually unstoppable.

Tank the next year also for Bates. :lol:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#406 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:22 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#407 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:26 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:

Fair enough, but Durant did have a better frame and the quickness and agility to play on the perimeter. This kid makes Pokusevski look fat.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#408 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:29 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

He took that loss last night pretty bad. He stays to play with Holmgren they could go down as the greatest college basketball team of all time.

And Holmgren? Dear Lord the world ain't ready for such a goofy looking dude to completely dominate the league.

I really like this class TBH...All these guys got NBA bodies (cade, suggs, kum, mobley, and green). Holmgren got a lot of lbs to put on before he wants to battle with NBA guys...he's going to get thrown around at the next level.

Bates got some KD in him so he might be able to get away being slim.

Holmgren is very skilled...like really really skilled...I just don't know how his body is going to hold up at the next level.

ROSTER

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#409 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:34 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:

Fair enough, but Durant did have a better frame and the quickness and agility to play on the perimeter. This kid makes Pokusevski look fat.

Clearly he's an ectomorph and super skinny but it won't effect him at the higher levels because he can just bring the ball up the court. He's not going to be posting up. You can run him at guard which is insane but that's what has helped Durant.. his infinite range and ability to handle the ball. His shot blocking ability is nuts too and he's got a nasty streak in him.

But of course a lot is going to hinge on how much weight he puts on and where that weight settles.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#410 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:40 pm

Chet is a beast. Not everybody can have that dad bod like Luka and still dominate the league, some are built skinnier but skill set is everything and that kid Chet is as skilled as it gets.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#411 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I really like this class TBH...All these guys got NBA bodies (cade, suggs, kum, mobley, and green). Holmgren got a lot of lbs to put on before he wants to battle with NBA guys...he's going to get thrown around at the next level.

Bates got some KD in him so he might be able to get away being slim.

Holmgren is very skilled...like really really skilled...I just don't know how his body is going to hold up at the next level.

Holmgren will play on the perimeter at the NBA level. Bates' is probably still having nightmares about what Holmgren did to him in their last match up and Chet let him know about it at the end of the game also.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#412 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:46 pm

HEZI wrote:Chet is a beast. Not everybody can have that dad bod like Luka and still dominate the league, some are built skinnier but skill set is everything and that kid Chet is as skilled as it gets.

What stands out to me is that at the end of the game you can just give him the ball and let him bring it up the court and go to work. But more importantly he has that dawg in him. He's got a really nasty mean streak. When Bates was trying to guard him he looked like those monitor fish that piggy back rides on whales and sharks.. :lol:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#413 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:54 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
HEZI wrote:Chet is a beast. Not everybody can have that dad bod like Luka and still dominate the league, some are built skinnier but skill set is everything and that kid Chet is as skilled as it gets.

What stands out to me is that at the end of the game you can just give him the ball and let him bring it up the court and go to work. But more importantly he has that dawg in him. He's got a really nasty mean streak. When Bates was trying to guard him he looked like those monitor fish that piggy back rides on whales and sharks.. :lol:

Yeah his versatility is ridiculous for a 7 footer
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,983

Post#414 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:55 pm

Knicks aren’t tanking for another 2 years :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#415 » by frothbrain » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:24 pm

Is this a joke?you thought KP had health problems. chet holmgren is closer to the next thon maker than kevin durant.
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,386

Post#416 » by louisorr » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:28 pm

This discussion is moot. The Knicks could go 0-82 next year. They still picking 4th. C'mon folks we been through this.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#417 » by j4remi » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Got past my frustrations and thought, at least the offense is starting to get sorted out again. The second unit has to get a better balance on ball-sharing and movement. Yes the loss sucked, no the knicks aren’t better than an early exit and maybe better off with a lottery pick. But the next games should tell us a lot more.

Also, Chet holmgren is the first person I’ve seen pass and fail the eye test equal parts convincingly :lol:
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,248

Post#418 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:46 pm

louisorr wrote:This discussion is moot. The Knicks could go 0-82 next year. They still picking 4th. C'mon folks we been through this.

Forget a championship.

I just want to see the Knicks move up in the draft once before I go :lol:
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,662

Post#419 » by nedleeds » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:49 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:]

Durant's game was early on, but besides tonight, we took them to the last shot with Irving AND Harden as well.

We're a good draft and 1 Superstar away from giving the Nets fits for many years.

Did you turn the game off after 4 minutes? Harden didn't play. We aren't getting a good pick because we banked fake covid wins. Welcome to the 2016-19 Orlando Magic.

What I meant was the 1st game, just to correct my post.

Winning trumps losing everyday then dropping 2 positions in the lottery.

We lose every day that our young players are benched for Payton, Bullock and Gibson. We lose every day Randle plays 39 minutes to barely beat the Wizards or that he plays 38 minutes in a 20 point blow up.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,662

Post#420 » by nedleeds » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:54 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to New York Knicks