humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Re: Jrue Agrees to 4/160 Extension 

Post#323 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:42 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I wonder if you polled NBA players, where'd they rank Jrue versus Lowry. They all seem to say very good things about Jrue.

I tried to find it for you, but there was a video, maybe posted by the Bucks twitter account (or maybe they retweeted it?) that had guys like Durant and a couple of others talking about how they thought Jrue was the best defender and super underrated. I'll dig a bit for it later, but sure seems like the league thinks extremely highly of Jrue.

Read on Twitter

That's the video I was talking about when I said that "they all seem to say very good things about Jrue." That doesn't answer the question about Jrue v Lowry, though - that's what I was wondering about.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: Jrue Agrees to 4/135-160 Extension 

Post#324 » by crkone » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:47 pm

:dontknow:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,219

Post#325 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#326 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:00 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

That look on Jrue's face when Giannis called him "Big Money" had me dying.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#327 » by skones » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:06 pm

crkone wrote:Image

Let me go ahead and present the impact analytics.
Note: some of Jrue's numbers are lower given this season isn't a full season of data and while these numbers are not supposed to be simply added on top of one another, they illustrate just how sizable the gaps are.

Lowry 13-18
BPM: 24.8
VORP: 22.7
RPM: 27.24
LEBRON: 21.24
RAPTOR: 26.2

Holiday 16-21
BPM: 11.5
VORP: 11.4
RPM: 19.07
LEBRON: 10.61
RAPTOR: 20.3

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,086

Post#328 » by DingleJerry » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:39 pm

Haven't followed the whole thing here. But I'd guess many people's opinion of Lowry is lower than it should be due to the playoff choking before 2019. He was a really really good player for that stretch of years leading up to that point. Definitely an underrated guy who got ripped on for losing to LBJ, as if everyone didn't.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#329 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:50 pm

It's not like we had the choice here of one or the other so I don't get all the angst and drama.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#330 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:14 am

personal side of the Holidays. These aren't new but I hadn't read them before.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2021/01/18/jrue-and-lauren-holiday-pledge-make-profound-impact-milwaukee/4174576001/
Jrue and Lauren Holiday were relaxing in bed at home in California when Jrue heard from New Orleans Pelicans general manager David Griffin: Jrue was headed to Milwaukee as part of what turned out to be a multi-team trade.

A short while later, the news hit the public with reports filling the Internet at about 10:30 p.m. Central Time on Nov. 16.

Shortly thereafter is when Lauren received a message, which included an article that Milwaukee was one of the worst places in America to live if you are African-American. Her friend added, I think you’re going there for a reason.

The next day, Lauren was on the phone.

On the other end was Arvind Gopalratnam, the Milwaukee Bucks’ vice president of corporate social responsibility and executive director of the team’s foundation. He was caught off guard. Usually, when a new player comes to the team there’s a scheduled sit down (or, currently, a Zoom meeting) where community outreach goals are talked about, plans developed, contacts shared.

The Holidays were already on the move, and Gopalratnam didn’t know he was trying to catch up.

“There’s no sugar coating it, without question it’s impressive,” he said. “Because they’re impressive people.”

It's exciting to see they plan to do a lot for the community. You couldn't ask for a better family to be coming here and getting involved over the next several years.

That wasn’t lost on Horst, either.

“It certainly fits into the calculus,” Horst said about the man they traded for. “If you kind of go back to the beginning, every decision that we’ve made we’ve really tried to run it through the same type of filtering process and Bucks DNA and character fit and culture fit is a massive part of what we make every decision based on. Talent obviously always matters, but someone’s toughness, their grit, their basketball IQ, the way that they treat people, the teammate that they are – those things matter.”

Here is Lauren Holiday's player tribune article. I didn't know they met in college at UCLA.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/lauren-jrue-holiday-nba-racial-injustice

(I don't want it to get political, so just posting the article she wrote, not interested in the comments).

Overall I'm really happy with landing Jrue and what he brings on the court and off the court as well. Horst says it all with the BUCKS DNA comment. :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#331 » by Shaffty » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:07 pm

really good insight on Jrue and the team here.Youll have to put up with JJ Reddick tho
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#332 » by chonestown » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:17 pm

I'll say it again. This is a really fun watch.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#333 » by crowhead76 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:28 pm

chonestown wrote:I'll say it again. This is a really fun watch.

Jrue is such a likable person and the way that he talks about the Bucks organization is really cool to hear.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#334 » by Shaffty » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Jrues pitch for why Milwaukee is great should be plastered all over social media lol

this is basically propaganda
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#335 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:52 pm

Shaffty wrote:

really good insight on Jrue and the team here.Youll have to put up with JJ Reddick tho

Thanks for sharing this video. I thought JJ did a nice job. Not that we needed any more evidence of Jrue Holiday being a great player and person, but it was still a very entertaining watch and listen.

Hysterical to watch Jrue fangirl over Giannis the way most of us common fan peasants do. I've seen that same look in many a friend's eye when describing what they saw Giannis do on the court. And props to the Bucks organization for making a man comfortable. They knocked this trade/extension/welcoming Jrue with open arms out of the ball park. The story of how that all unfolded was amazing. Didn't realize both Dame AND Steph have called Jrue Holiday "the BEST defender in the NBA." He's worth every late round 1st and more. Last takeaway is that no matter what happens in these playoffs Bud isn't going anywhere. In fact, regardless of postseason performance, he's probably not going anywhere at least until Giannis/Khris/Jrue's contracts are in their final years.

Guess theres just one thing left to do. Win. The. Whole. F***ing. Thing.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,219

Post#336 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Going to watch it later today. Wonder if they talk about the difference between the time Reddick was a Buck to now and what a shift it's been.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,686

Post#337 » by Wonka » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Going to watch it later today. Wonder if they talk about the difference between the time Reddick was a Buck to now and what a shift it's been.

Jrue actually states that he tried to get JJ to come join him in MKE at one point. Said something about JJ needing to come instill some confidence in Giannis’ jumpshot.

No talk of the old era unfortunately.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

Post#338 » by LittleRooster » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:43 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

Thanks for sharing this video. I thought JJ did a nice job. Not that we needed any more evidence of Jrue Holiday being a great player and person, but it was still a very entertaining watch and listen.

Hysterical to watch Jrue fangirl over Giannis the way most of us common fan peasants do. I've seen that same look in many a friend's eye when describing what they saw Giannis do on the court. And props to the Bucks organization for making a man comfortable. They knocked this trade/extension/welcoming Jrue with open arms out of the ball park. The story of how that all unfolded was amazing. Didn't realize both Dame AND Steph have called Jrue Holiday "the BEST defender in the NBA." He's worth every late round 1st and more. Last takeaway is that no matter what happens in these playoffs Bud isn't going anywhere. In fact, regardless of postseason performance, he's probably not going anywhere at least until Giannis/Khris/Jrue's contracts are in their final years.

Guess theres just one thing left to do. Win. The. Whole. F***ing. Thing.

You buried the lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#339 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue May 4, 2021 5:41 pm

Jrue Holiday is an All-NBA caliber talent. On both end of the floor. He's made the all-star team just once. He's made the all-defensive team twice. He's "underrated." He's talked about by other players as "one of the best players and/or the best defender in the league."

It doesn't add up for me. I've marveled at his talent all year, but I've come to the following conclusion:

He's underachieved.

His alpha mentality comes and goes too easily. This forum criticizes Bud for putting the ball in Middleton's hands in crucial situations. I say Jrue is also too content to stand in the corner and defer. Given what he contributes on and off the floor, it's hard to be critical. However, I think he has another level he can consistently play at. If Bud can get him there, the Bucks will win it all.
higharc
Junior
And1: 225

Post#340 » by higharc » Wed May 5, 2021 8:07 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks