ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Lack fundamentals

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Re: PG: Lack fundamentals 

Post#421 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:55 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
louisorr wrote:This discussion is moot. The Knicks could go 0-82 next year. They still picking 4th. C'mon folks we been through this.

Forget a championship.

I just want to see the Knicks move up in the draft once before I go :lol:

You can't go. What we're experiencing, and what the Knicks and RealGM are about, is an eternal discussion of the same things over and over without end or salvation, and without mercy or the ability to move on to a new spiritual domain. Same plane that crashed into a mountain somewhere.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#422 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:59 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
louisorr wrote:This discussion is moot. The Knicks could go 0-82 next year. They still picking 4th. C'mon folks we been through this.

Forget a championship.

Maybe we are already there :lol:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#423 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:07 pm

Battered wife syndrome. We need to get over that.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#424 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:09 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Forget a championship.

You can't go. What we're experiencing, and what the Knicks and RealGM are about, is an eternal discussion of the same things over and over without end or salvation, and without mercy or the ability to move on to a new spiritual domain. Same plane that crashed into a mountain somewhere.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#425 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Knicks aren’t tanking for another 2 years :lol:

that's probably real generous. we only tanked once since the lottery began when we got rj instead of zion who is gonna become generational. the kp draft was an accidental tank because melo got injured. as i said yesterday, randle is playing great. he also kind of ruined this whole process.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#426 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:12 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

Battered wife syndrome. We need to get over that.

That's the whole thing. You lose sight of reality because you're battered. It's like asking a crippled man to walk.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#427 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:

that's probably real generous. we only tanked once since the lottery began when we got rj instead of zion who is gonna become generational. the kp draft was an accidental tank because melo got injured. as i said yesterday, randle is playing great. he also kind of ruined this whole process.

should have traded him for Batum after all
Mavs
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#428 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:20 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

:lol: i really can't blame the knicks. the team is finally being treated with respect by the media and a large portion of the fanbase is happy with no longer being a joke. it's kind of hard to ask them to go back to that. even though right now, it seems like it might be smarter.

the unfortunate reality of the nba is you're always looking for a savior. whether you think you're gonna get that through the draft or free agency or a trade, it's all kind of the same thing. you can't just work extra hard and get where you want. nope. you need someone to come with their cape on and carry you to victory.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#429 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

:lol: i really can't blame the knicks. the team is finally being treated with respect by the media and a large portion of the fanbase is happy with no longer being a joke. it's kind of hard to ask them to go back to that. even though right now, it seems like it might be smarter.

the unfortunate reality of the nba is you're always looking for a savior. whether you think you're gonna get that through the draft or free agency or a trade, it's all kind of the same thing. you can't just work extra hard and get where you want. nope. you need someone to come with their cape on and carry you to victory.

True, really the Knicks are not in that bad of shape at all especially compared to years past. Ideally, I would have loved a top 5 pick but it just wasn't gonna be the plan. Tanking vs Not Tanking....there really is no right or wrong answer. Either can work. Either can fail. We have a lot of room to build on this if we can make smart moves from here. Of course everything will probably go wrong and we will be miserable
Mavs
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#430 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Seems like we are heading back to joke.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#431 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:33 pm

Well at least we can say Mitch is pretty impactful. Even without O yet. That’s sort of good and the most optimistic thing I can say truthfully but the season itself is a bust.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#432 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:34 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

we're too far into it for people to feel the whole season was a joke. even if we do kind of look like that now. the consensus will be that the knicks overachieved this year no matter what happens from here on out, so it will be considered a victory......yay :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#433 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:36 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

ban yourself
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#434 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

we're too far into it for people to feel the whole season was a joke. even if we do kind of look like that now. the consensus will be that the knicks overachieved this year no matter what happens from here on out, so it will be considered a victory......yay :lol:

True yeah but we’ve known for a long time that the ESPN consensus is garbage, although it’s impactful nonetheless. The Nets became the top dog by having one mediocre season where they got wiped in the playoffs :lol:

Players are influenced by the dumb conventional wisdom. That’s surprising.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#435 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:46 pm

Even tho nobody said it, Mitch and Randle is an ideal pairing. Neither guy is dominant but together they’re pretty effective. That’s a starting point.

I’m just not sure about investing in Randle but admittedly there are questions about RJ too, and pretty much every guy except a LeBron.

I wouldn’t want to invest in Kyrie either. And a guy like LaVine isn’t a slam dunk. Almost every guy has to have his flaws covered up or accounted for if you want a great team and don’t have a Bron.

Even Zion. What money would you put on him winning big for a long time? For me very little. It’s not about stats or scoring numbers.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,057

Post#436 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:59 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Forget a championship.

:lol:
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#437 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:03 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

No RJ or Mitch

disrespectful. RJ absolutely deserves to be on the list

the rankings were a composite of the ranking from Mike Schmitz, Bobby Marks, Kevin Pelton: both Schmitz (24) and Marks (22) had RJ in the top 25, and Pelton had IQ (24), but not RJ
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,057

Post#438 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:04 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Forget a championship.

:o
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#439 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:09 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

:o

:lol:
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#440 » by Richard4444 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Tanking now is not smarter. Its the worst of both worlds. We probably can't get a Top 5 pick now and we will lose all the respectability earned.

We can just keep going and end in 10-14th range. We still get a good pick and keep the respectability earned.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks