ImageImageImage

2021 Playoff and Offseason Speculation - the playoffs. PLAYOFFS????

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will we extend Bridges or will Sarver not pay 4 players big money for 1 or 2 years?

Yes, we extend him or at least match any offer as he is part of core
88%
No, Sarver will want to trade him to save money so little salary coming back, draft pick
13%

Total votes: 24

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: 2021 Season Speculation - Roster complete? Buyout candidates? 

Post#2701 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:05 pm

Saberestar wrote:
BobbieL wrote:McLemore to the Lakers per Shams Charania

The Lakers don't know what to do, they are desperate...he is worse than Galloway.
Klutch Lakers taking care of a client.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#2702 » by Crives » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:15 pm

What if Lakers in the first round is actually a good thing? Season ends in 5 weeks.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#2703 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:20 pm

Saberestar wrote:
BobbieL wrote:McLemore to the Lakers per Shams Charania

The Lakers don't know what to do, they are desperate...he is worse than Galloway.

Well they can't sign Galloway.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#2704 » by BobbieL » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:23 pm

Crives wrote:What if Lakers in the first round is actually a good thing? Season ends in 5 weeks.

I do not think playing the Lakers would be a good thing as with Lebron and Davis - those are two players that can carry them. Still would prefer Dallas or the Blazers. I get the Suns have beaten the Blazers and the Blazers will have Nurkic, McCollum and they also added Powell - but that team doesn't play much defense.

End of the day - just keep playing well -keep a top 4 seed at worst and play who you play.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2705 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:27 pm

Crives wrote:What if Lakers in the first round is actually a good thing? Season ends in 5 weeks.

If you are purely looking at it as "we have to face the Lakers eventually" and you want your best chance of getting past them, yes, the closer to coming off of injuries and chances or reinjuring something, is the only way.

But your chances of advancing to the second round are far less likely than facing Dallas or one of Memphis/SA/GS/SAC/NOP or even probably Portland..heck, maybe anyone.

They will likely be cautious in those guys coming back.

If LeBron is healthy, then his extra gear in the playoffs is just too much, especially for our inexperience. They lost 3 total WC playoff games last year, facing Portland, than Harden and Houston, then Denver. And they added the 6th man of the year (Harrell) and runner up for sixth man of the year (Schroder), so have improved quite a bit on firepower. And Drummond is probably better than Dwight...though he is the worst at layups in the entire league of anyone....his rebounding may not help a team like the Lakers as much. I imagine their best lineups will be without him.

Basically, if you want to likely see the most playoff basketball, you want to avoid them as long as possible....but if you want your best chance of beating them and that's it, assuming you play them at some point, the earlier the better.

I'll take likely more playoff basketball.

That's not to say they haven't looked vulnerable this season...OKC took a healthy Lakers team to OT 2 games in a row.

Though we've certainly looked vulnerable a lot too.

The main thing for us is we would need to be hot shooting + limit turnovers + get to the foul line at least close to as much as them to have a shot...so for 4 games at least.

We are more efficient on the season, but they have one of the best defenses, so they probably limit our efficiency and we'd have a harder time stopping their's due to our lack of size.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#2706 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

If you are purely looking at it as "we have to face the Lakers eventually" and you want your best chance of getting past them, yes, the closer to coming off of injuries and chances or reinjuring something, is the only way.

But your chances of advancing to the second round are far less likely than facing Dallas or one of Memphis/SA/GS/SAC/NOP or even probably Portland..heck, maybe anyone.

If LeBron is healthy, then his extra gear in the playoffs is just too much, especially for our inexperience. They lost 3 total WC playoff games last year, facing Portland, than Harden and Houston, then Denver. And they added to the the 6th man of the year and runner up for sixth man of the year, so have improved.

Basically, if you want to likely see the most playoff basketball, you want to avoid them as long as possible....but if you want your best chance of beating them and that's it, assuming you play them at some point, the earlier the better.

That's not to say they haven't looked vulnerable this season...OKC took a healthy Lakers team to OT 2 games in a row.

The main thing for us is we would need to be hot shooting + limit turnovers + get to the foul line at least close to as much as them to have a shot...so for 4 games at least.

We are more efficient on the season, but they have one of the best defenses, so they probably limit our efficiency and we'd have a harder time stopping their's due to our lack of size.
This is the correct take. Purely from the perspective of having the best chance to beat the Lakers at some point I'd rather play them round 1. But from the perspective of wanting to win a playoff series they are the team I'd least want to face.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#2707 » by Crives » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:37 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If LeBron is healthy, then his extra gear in the playoffs is just too much, especially for our inexperience. They lost 3 total WC playoff games last year, facing Portland, than Harden and Houston, then Denver. And they added to the the 6th man of the year and runner up for sixth man of the year, so have improved.

This is the correct take. Purely from the perspective of having the best chance to beat the Lakers at some point I'd rather play them round 1. But from the perspective of wanting to win a playoff series they are the team I'd least want to face.

Next week should tell us a lot. If we have strong wins against Utah/Clips I am going to lean towards going all the way to the finals.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2708 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:45 pm

Crives wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Next week should tell us a lot. If we have strong wins against Utah/Clips I am going to lean towards going all the way to the finals.

Paul George has a badly lingering injury issue (though he is playing at a very high level..higher than any of our players) so that could help us to some extent...not sure if it will still be there playoff time. But they may still be missing Beverley and Ibaka, two starters, so this isn't likely close to the same team we will see in the playoffs...unless Beverley and Ibaka are both healthy.

I did read recently that Joe Ingles has the highest TS% in the NBA...of people who have taken more than like 3 shots. Like 73% or something. That's crazy.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2709 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:50 pm

Bogyo wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:LaMelo is fun and better than I expected but 3rd on that list is flat out ridiculous.

Hype machine is on fo sho. Papa Ball will be back too for sure.

LOL

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#2710 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:LaMelo is fun and better than I expected but 3rd on that list is flat out ridiculous.

Hype machine is on fo sho. Papa Ball will be back too for sure.

LOL

Read on Twitter
I'm agreeing with Screaming A... Might be time to log off for the day lol

This is a classic ESPN creating news deal, make a crazy list then have your own people argue about said list.. hours of content out of thin air.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Re: 2021 Season Speculation - the final third of the season underway 

Post#2711 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:34 pm

Lol doesn't matter if people are talking crap about the list as long as people are talking. Good job ESPN
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2712 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:24 pm

Two Suns in top 16 in TS%....not only 2 Suns but both under 25...one only 22.

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#2713 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:34 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Two Suns in top 16 in TS%....not only 2 Suns but both under 25...one only 22.

Ingles number is absurd lol

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#2714 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:Two Suns in top 16 in TS%....not only 2 Suns but both under 25...one only 22.

Ingles is breaking the TS% metric. Ridiculous efficiency
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#2715 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:42 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

Ingles is breaking the TS% metric. Ridiculous efficiency

Always loved JIngles and his YMCA dad game. Wanted him on the Suns for years now.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#2716 » by Revived » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:43 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Ingles number is absurd lol

Yeah Ingles is ridiculous because most of the rest of that list in the top 10 gets spoon fed baskets except for perhaps KD and Zion. Ingles creates his own for the most part, only 37% of his shots are assisted.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2717 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:17 am

I see the Heat signed DeWayne Dedmon
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#2718 » by Revived » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:I see the Heat signed DeWayne Dedmon

You used to like him a while back huh? I liked him too cause he seemed like a good defender that can shoot.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2719 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:36 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I see the Heat signed DeWayne Dedmon

You used to like him a while back huh? I liked him too cause he seemed like a good defender that can shoot.

I did a few years ago...not sure how good he would be now...but just another big that was signed.
phnart
Junior
And1: 435

Post#2720 » by phnart » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:03 am

Apologies if this has been covered (as I have been busy with work life and not on here as much), but I'm curious why E'Twaun Moore has not gotten some run for a while? I thought he looked pretty proficient when he was getting some run and made good decisions with the ball, played decent defense and seemed to be building some chemistry with the bench. Is he just an insurance policy? Was that run that he got just because Cam Payne was hurt? They do have guard depth, but it seems like all of these guys will need to be somewhat sharp come playoff time, especially if there are any injuries that come up when things get real.

Win pretty, win ugly...just win.
The moon is a ufo.

Return to Phoenix Suns