tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,824

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Teague Signed 

Post#1761 » by tydett » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:35 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:Sign Justin Jackson

We then go into the luxury tax if Jrue plays a few more games to hit his incentives. 8-)

I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure all estimates of the tax breathing room are based on the assumption that he will reach the 67 games played (RS and playoffs) incentive. I think they can sign another vet min deal before the playoff roster deadline on 4/9 without paying the tax unless he hits some unexpected incentives I'm not aware of.

My understanding is that Jrue only hits enough big incentives if the Bucks win the championship... which, isn't that the goal?
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1762 » by SirChurros » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:32 am

tydett wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
We then go into the luxury tax if Jrue plays a few more games to hit his incentives. 8-)

I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure all estimates of the tax breathing room are based on the assumption that he will reach the 67 games played (RS and playoffs) incentive. I think they can sign another vet min deal before the playoff roster deadline on 4/9 without paying the tax unless he hits some unexpected incentives I'm not aware of.

My understanding is that Jrue only hits enough big incentives if the Bucks win the championship... which, isn't that the goal?

Yeah, but the Bucks would win a championship and half the people here would then proceed to bitch about how we had to pay Jrue more.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#1763 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:51 am

Krispy Kreme wrote:
tydett wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Yeah, but the Bucks would win a championship and half the people here would then proceed to bitch about how we had to pay Jrue more.

Wow I feel like we're overthinking a win/win situation. Sounds like we get a motivated, happy Jrue and another team doesn't.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#1764 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:46 am

tydett wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

John Hollinger disclosed yesterday that Jrue has a bunch of incentives tied to games played, etc. It isn’t just a title.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#1765 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
tydett wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

John Hollinger disclosed yesterday that Jrue has a bunch of incentives tied to games played, etc. It isn’t just a title.

I think Hollinger is off on this. The games played incentive was likely to be earned and already figured in. Bobby Marks and Hollinger aren't on the same page with Jrue's incentives, and I trust Marks.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#1766 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:26 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
tydett wrote:

I think Hollinger is off on this. The games played incentive was likely to be earned and already figured in. Bobby Marks and Hollinger aren't on the same page with Jrue's incentives, and I trust Marks.

Agreed. He's due for $765k in incentives if I'm not mistaken, and everyone is including that in Jrue's cap figure, including spotrac. I think it's $255k for games played, another $255k for 3.15 rpg, and yet another $255k for minutes played. He won't make the apg threshold. The rest of the incentives are hard to find but there must be a reason no cap gurus are including them in the Bucks' tax figure. ETA: I researched this before submitting this post and it appears that incentives are considered likely and count against this year's cap ONLY if they were achieved last year. That's why Jrue's cap figure is treated as being set in stone by sources like spotrac.

The "win a title" incentive is interesting, but I'm not even 100% convinced that would count on this year's tax number since it will be determined and paid so late, if at all. From what I've read, it sounds like the "likely vs. unlikely" classification is based on previous seasons, and only the "likely" bonuses count against the current year's cap. In other words, if they win the title, then that incentive becomes a "likely" incentive next year and will count against next year's cap, but not against this year's cap.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this simple fact would clarify all the confusion I've had about Jrue's incentives and the way cap gurus like Marks are figuring them.

https://cbabreakdown.com/compensation
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#1767 » by galena » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:55 pm

In Marks we trust
"I guess..."
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#1768 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:46 pm

Small sample size of the last 5 games. Bogdan on the left, DDV on the right.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,514

Post#1769 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:51 pm

ok
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#1770 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:18 pm

Just thought it was interesting. Not trying to paint a picture one way or another as I like DDV.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#1771 » by Daver » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:31 pm

[quote="Matches Malone"]Small sample size of the last 5 games. Bogdan on the left, DDV on the right.

Image[/

thanks for that graph i know its only a small sample but 23.5 to 8 wow massive difference
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#1772 » by Daver » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:33 pm

Huge difference also in fg% and 3pt%
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#1773 » by midranger » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:42 pm

Bit if regression to mean for both guys after their opposite direction starts to the season.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#1774 » by soxperry » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:58 pm

Having Bogdan to hit game winners instead of Pat would be nice
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1775 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:05 pm

Pat went 6/7 from 3PT on March 22nd. The eight games following including last night, he’s 7/30. Zero 3PT makes in the last three games.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#1776 » by Jez2983 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:51 pm

soxperry wrote:Having Bogdan to hit game winners instead of Pat would be nice

That's actually a much more relevant point. I'd much rather have Bogs and DDV.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#1777 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:00 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Pat went 6/7 from 3PT on March 22nd. The eight games following including last night, he’s 7/30. Zero 3PT makes in the last three games.

Can't wait for the return of the arguments over which is closer to the real Pat.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#1778 » by slos » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:20 pm

This team is so Tucker depended. Portis is the only player I trust in this bench and Brook is the starter I don't trust for every match up in crunch time. Good PJ fixes both our needs. He can provide quality backup minutes and the fifth closer. This is a unique situation where your 7th best player could become the difference maker. If PJ shows up in the playoffs and Bud plays his Big 3 high minutes, Bucks have a chance.

Jrue (38)/Teague (10)
DDV (28)/Pat (20)
Midds (38)/Tucker (10)
Giannis (38)/Tucker (10)
Lopez (28)/Portis (20)

- Jrue/Midds/Giannis playing 38+ minutes means less time for our not so good backup players. That's a side bonus.

- DDV and Lopez are too inconsistent to play all games 30+ minutes. Just feel the game and use them less in their off nights.

- Cut Forbes and Thanasis out of meaningful playoff games. Play them only in circumstances that nothing is clicking and you become desperate for a change. I'm OK having them as insurance, I'm not OK if the actual plan is to throw them out there in a semifinal or final series.

- Teague looks like he can be trusted for limited time to backup Jrue. I have all Pat/Tucker/Portis playing close to 20 minutes. Pat needs to stop playing close to 30.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#1779 » by giannis and 1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:28 am

slos wrote:This team is so Tucker depended. Portis is the only player I trust in this bench and Brook is the starter I don't trust for every match up in crunch time. Good PJ fixes both our needs. He can provide quality backup minutes and the fifth closer. This is a unique situation where your 7th best player could become the difference maker. If PJ shows up in the playoffs and Bud plays his Big 3 high minutes, Bucks have a chance.

Jrue (38)/Teague (10)
DDV (28)/Pat (20)
Midds (38)/Tucker (10)
Giannis (38)/Tucker (10)
Lopez (28)/Portis (20)

- Jrue/Midds/Giannis playing 38+ minutes means less time for our not so good backup players. That's a side bonus.

- DDV and Lopez are too inconsistent to play all games 30+ minutes. Just feel the game and use them less in their off nights.

- Cut Forbes and Thanasis out of meaningful playoff games. Play them only in circumstances that nothing is clicking and you become desperate for a change. I'm OK having them as insurance, I'm not OK if the actual plan is to throw them out there in a semifinal or final series.

- Teague looks like he can be trusted for limited time to backup Jrue. I have all Pat/Tucker/Portis playing close to 20 minutes. Pat needs to stop playing close to 30.

In the playoffs I would want to see Brook and Portis have an even split in minutes, with Giannis played a couple mins as the center. Bringing Giannis total to 40.

Forbes has got to get at least 10-12 mins. Maybe more in some situations.

And Pat should not be anywhere near 20.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#1780 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:31 pm

Porzingis hasn't been great this season, and he might have the Andrew Bogut injury disease, but he flashes a few things every night that reminds me of the old him and I kinda buy right back in.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks