ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1161 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:24 pm

I expect a solid move .. Conley / DeRozan or something like that .. DDR has been playing FP ... (I haven't seen it) I think he's having a good season ..
Jalen / Luka / THJ / DDR / KP ... it seems pretty devastating
1+1=11
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,024

Post#1162 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:49 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I expect a solid move .. Conley / DeRozan or something like that .. DDR has been playing FP ... (I haven't seen it) I think he's having a good season ..

We need DFS' defense more than anything Derozen brings. Plus the guy sitll cant spread the floor, I would stay far away from him
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#1163 » by jpengland » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:49 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
jpengland wrote:Off season will be bringing everybody back and trying to add another rotation guy at pretty much any position with the full MLE.

I think we need more improvements that a MLE guy for be a contender.
Don't forget this roster without Luka and KP has lost to OKC, Chicago ecc ecc.

Problem is, to bring in a significant FA, you have to renounce THJ, JRich and drop from full MLE to room exception.

Who do you get that improves you more than THJ, JRich and a full MLE (rather than room, so - 4m per year)? Much better off operating as an over the cap team.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1164 » by ejs78 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:15 pm

I've thought this many times
dirkforpres wrote:A S&T involving Porzingis for Collins and then adding Richaun Holmes would be my ideal off-season

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Post#1165 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:04 am

jpengland wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
jpengland wrote:Off season will be bringing everybody back and trying to add another rotation guy at pretty much any position with the full MLE.

Problem is, to bring in a significant FA, you have to renounce THJ, JRich and drop from full MLE to room exception.

Who do you get that improves you more than THJ, JRich and a full MLE (rather than room, so - 4m per year)? Much better off operating as an over the cap team.

In that way you don't improve, you remain the same team.
We need some trade (probably KP) for sure.

But i would wait for the PO before take any decision.

THJ and J-Rich are good for 10-12 M per years, otherwise they can walk.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#1166 » by jpengland » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:45 am

ejs78 wrote:I've thought this many times
dirkforpres wrote:A S&T involving Porzingis for Collins and then adding Richaun Holmes would be my ideal off-season

And why on earth do Atlanta want to add KP when they already have Capela? Collins is a mucu better fit for them.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#1167 » by ejs78 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:39 pm

The GM is under alot of pressure.

He could easily do another big move or 2 to save his job. If Collins doesn't want to be there letting him walk for free could be a big blow to Schleck keeping his job.
jpengland wrote:

And why on earth do Atlanta want to add KP when they already have Capela? Collins is a mucu better fit for them.

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,812

Post#1168 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:10 pm

jpengland wrote:

Is Collins happy playing next to Trae? Is KP happy playing next to Luka? I don’t know, but my guess is no.

Collins and Porzingis probably both benefit from a change of scenery, and if you’re the Hawks, it’s better to at least get something over nothing in free agency. It reminds me a little of the Durant-Russell swap from last summer... They may not see Porzingis as a long term fit, but at least this way the Mavs get their guy, and the Hawks would salvage a trade piece (or make Galinari expendable)
FIRE JASON KIDD
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#1169 » by jpengland » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:27 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Is Collins happy playing next to Trae? Is KP happy playing next to Luka? I don’t know, but my guess is no.

Collins and Porzingis probably both benefit from a change of scenery, and if you’re the Hawks, it’s better to at least get something over nothing in free agency. It reminds me a little of the Durant-Russell swap from last summer... They may not see Porzingis as a long term fit, but at least this way the Mavs get their guy, and the Hawks would salvage a trade piece (or make Galinari expendable)

He's a restricted free agent. They can just match an offer and worry about moving him later.

There is zero chance that Atlanta takes on KP and his huge contract when they already have Capela. Especially when KP is one injury from being immovable.

If Collins wants out that bad, there will be other teams offering a better sign and trade package for Atlanta.

It's nice to dream but it's simply not happening.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#1170 » by jpengland » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:28 pm

ejs78 wrote:The GM is under alot of pressure.

He could easily do another big move or 2 to save his job. If Collins doesn't want to be there letting him walk for free could be a big blow to Schleck keeping his job.
jpengland wrote:

He's a RFA. Under no circumstances do they have to let him walk for free.

If they had no interest in bringing him back, they'd have dealt him at the deadline.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,318

Post#1171 » by Mavrelous » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:39 pm

Hawks are bad trading partners for KP since they are set at center.
Good targets for KP are the Pelicans and the Kings IMO.
Kings guards would benifit greatly from spacing and scoring center.
KP/Powell/Green for Barnes/Hield/Holmes works.
KP/Powell for Adams/Ball/1st also works.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#1172 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:42 pm

jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
jpengland wrote:

He's a restricted free agent. They can just match an offer and worry about moving him later.

There is zero chance that Atlanta takes on KP and his huge contract when they already have Capela. Especially when KP is one injury from being immovable.

If Collins wants out that bad, there will be other teams offering a better sign and trade package for Atlanta.

You’re probably right. There’s gotta be a Porzingis trade offer out there... Preferably one that brings back a secondary ball handler.

I’m not sure Atlanta matches a max offer to Collins though. They’re pretty locked into big contracts with Danilo and Bogdan, plus huge paydays on the horizon for Trae/Huerter/Hunter/Reddish
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#1173 » by ejs78 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:56 pm

100% they can move him later and they can also get a worse deal

Having Capela really doesn't mean much if the goal is to keep Young happy and a GM from getting fired. He's got 2 years left at about 18 million a year which is very easy to move.

Will this trade happen prolly not but it's not an easy dismissal.
jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
jpengland wrote:

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#1174 » by JD45 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:55 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I expect a solid move .. Conley / DeRozan or something like that .. DDR has been playing FP ... (I haven't seen it) I think he's having a good season ..

I could see a DDR deal. He is a little older than I would prefer but he is really good. With Luka's new 3 pt accuracy, DDR could handle the ball and let Luka be the shooter when they are on the floor together.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1175 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:28 pm

Yes, I like it ... also is he playing PF? .. and quite well I think. Give many variants ... depending on confrontation ... He's a super talented player, Rick made it work
1+1=11
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#1176 » by XTraderXL » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:40 pm

jpengland wrote:

jpengland wrote:

If they had no interest in bringing him back, they'd have dealt him at the deadline.

Thats actually not true. Moving him now would not get them as much as matching any offer this summer and then trading him. Trading him now would be ridiculously stupid except if they would get an offer they couldnt refuse. The Hawks did the right thing not trading him, weather or not they see him as a long term piece.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#1177 » by jpengland » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:59 am

XTraderXL wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Thats actually not true. Moving him now would not get them as much as matching any offer this summer and then trading him. Trading him now would be ridiculously stupid except if they would get an offer they couldnt refuse. The Hawks did the right thing not trading him, weather or not they see him as a long term piece.

I disagree with your logic - sign and trade will not bring back the same return as dealing him at the deadline where teams got half a season, plus his restricted rights.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Post#1178 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:01 am

41Dirk41 wrote:

Plus with Luka off they lost to Houston... This roster outside Luka isn't very good, we need more changes than a MLE guy
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#1179 » by Bnice5 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:36 pm

I'm still interested in a potential deal with Golden State... Could you swap KP for Wiseman and Wiggins and maybe a future GS 1st. To me I just don't think KP and Luka get along. Adding to your team in this way would still allow for a free agent splash (Conley would look nice on this team)...

Luka / Brunson
Conley / THJ
Wiggins / Richardson / Green
Kleber / DFS / Bey
Wiseman / Powell or MLE

You could also go small if Wiseman wasn't quite ready for big minutes...

Luka / Brunson
Conley / THJ
Richardson / Green / DFS
Wiggins / DFS / Powell
Kleber / Wiseman

Either way, I think i would be good to flip KP into Wiseman and Wiggins (with or without picks) as KP better suits GS timeline and Wiseman is a better rim running option with Luka than KP will ever be.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#1180 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:32 pm

Bnice5 wrote:I'm still interested in a potential deal with Golden State... Could you swap KP for Wiseman and Wiggins and maybe a future GS 1st. To me I just don't think KP and Luka get along. Adding to your team in this way would still allow for a free agent splash (Conley would look nice on this team)...

Luka / Brunson
Conley / THJ
Wiggins / Richardson / Green
Kleber / DFS / Bey
Wiseman / Powell or MLE

You could also go small if Wiseman wasn't quite ready for big minutes...

Luka / Brunson
Conley / THJ
Richardson / Green / DFS
Wiggins / DFS / Powell
Kleber / Wiseman

Either way, I think i would be good to flip KP into Wiseman and Wiggins (with or without picks) as KP better suits GS timeline and Wiseman is a better rim running option with Luka than KP will ever be.

I’d seen that trade rumored last month when the KP trade rumors got leaked... while I think it’s fair value, I don’t think GS would do it when they already have a fragile Klay. Maybe without the pick
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Dallas Mavericks