ImageImageImage

2021 Playoff and Offseason Speculation - the playoffs. PLAYOFFS????

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will we extend Bridges or will Sarver not pay 4 players big money for 1 or 2 years?

Yes, we extend him or at least match any offer as he is part of core
88%
No, Sarver will want to trade him to save money so little salary coming back, draft pick
13%

Total votes: 24

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Re: 2021 Season Speculation - the final third of the season underway 

Post#2721 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:30 am

phnart wrote:Apologies if this has been covered (as I have been busy with work life and not on here as much), but I'm curious why E'Twaun Moore has not gotten some run for a while? I thought he looked pretty proficient when he was getting some run and made good decisions with the ball, played decent defense and seemed to be building some chemistry with the bench. Is he just an insurance policy? Was that run that he got just because Cam Payne was hurt? They do have guard depth, but it seems like all of these guys will need to be somewhat sharp come playoff time, especially if there are any injuries that come up when things get real.

Win pretty, win ugly...just win.

Opportunity. Jones has done an amazing job at shoring up the guard and wing positions in the event an injury occurs and someone can stand in. We've had an unbelievably lucky streak of good health meaning guys like Carter, Moore, Galloway and Frank just won't be seeing more than garbage time.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

2021 Season Speculation - the final third of the season underway 

Post#2722 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:33 am

phnart wrote:Apologies if this has been covered (as I have been busy with work life and not on here as much), but I'm curious why E'Twaun Moore has not gotten some run for a while? I thought he looked pretty proficient when he was getting some run and made good decisions with the ball, played decent defense and seemed to be building some chemistry with the bench. Is he just an insurance policy? Was that run that he got just because Cam Payne was hurt? They do have guard depth, but it seems like all of these guys will need to be somewhat sharp come playoff time, especially if there are any injuries that come up when things get real.

Monty has a tough job having to manage minutes for this deep roster. I think he’s trying to see who fits best with the bench between Moore, Galloway and Carter. It’s going to be very interesting to see who he rolls with in the playoffs, my guess is Galloway will get those minutes behind Booker.

Nader might need to be in the mix with those players with Craig now on the team.

Payne Galloway Johnson Craig Dario is who I’d roll with for our bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#2723 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:36 am

Monty seems to rotate Moore, Galloway and Carter for that 2nd guard spot. Moore probably had his best game in his last one, then Galloway started playing and he's looked good, and now Carter is playing. I think he just wants to keep them all ready and give them each some burn.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Re: 2021 Season Speculation - Roster complete? Buyout candidates? 

Post#2724 » by Bogyo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:43 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Hype machine is on fo sho. Papa Ball will be back too for sure.

LOL

Read on Twitter
I'm agreeing with Screaming A... Might be time to log off for the day lol

This is a classic ESPN creating news deal, make a crazy list then have your own people argue about said list.. hours of content out of thin air.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Yup, any time I catch myself agreeing with Screamin' A, I take a long look in the mirror and hide.
I just can't stand that dude. Why isn't anyone telling him that he should speak like a normal human being on national tv, and not like Willie Jones in the bathroom sceene on the original Friday movie?
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,358

Post#2725 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:33 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Two Suns in top 16 in TS%....not only 2 Suns but both under 25...one only 22.

Ingles is breaking the TS% metric. Ridiculous efficiency

Always loved JIngles and his YMCA dad game. Wanted him on the Suns for years now.

I still remember to this day the large number of Jazz fans who argued Booker had a better supporting cast than Mitchell 3 years ago. Like the Ulis, then Elfrid Payton suns. Ingles alone would've been the best teammate Booker had ever had until the last year or 2.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#2726 » by King4Day » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:16 pm

I know people don't love SAS but he's one of my favorites.
He has hot takes but has a great personality for TV
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
And1: 357

Post#2727 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:44 pm

5 weeks left. I wish it didn't feel like the regular season has been meaningless and we see the real teams in a month as injured players get healthy, load management and caution go away. Right or wrong, a ton of conclusions about the Suns will be made in the next 10 games or so. I'm ready to scoff at the persistent negative narratives.

The Suns had an easy schedule
The good teams were not at full strength
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#2728 » by BobbieL » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:41 pm

Bogyo wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
LOL

Read on Twitter
I'm agreeing with Screaming A... Might be time to log off for the day lol

This is a classic ESPN creating news deal, make a crazy list then have your own people argue about said list.. hours of content out of thin air.

Yup, any time I catch myself agreeing with Screamin' A, I take a long look in the mirror and hide.
I just can't stand that dude. Why isn't anyone telling him that he should speak like a normal human being on national tv, and not like Willie Jones in the bathroom sceene on the original Friday movie?

Thats the ESPN way - create a top that is not news but treat it as such. Spend hours and hours talking about it. That list was bogus when you have Devin Booker 8th.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#2729 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:53 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'm agreeing with Screaming A... Might be time to log off for the day lol

Thats the ESPN way - create a top that is not news but treat it as such. Spend hours and hours talking about it. That list was bogus when you have Devin Booker 8th.

I can understand the rationale for putting LaMelo 3rd, depending on the criteria. I think Booker probably belongs at 5... unless he wins a chip, of course, in which case he's either tied for first or... #3. Luka and Zion have a chance to enter the GOAT conversation, and I personally have a hard time seeing Book enter that conversation... FWTW, which isn't much. Love this squad. It's our squad. **** em! GO SUNS!!!
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#2730 » by TouchPassDario » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:51 am

Just incredible that folks think Mikal deserves a bigger contract than DA.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,152

Post#2731 » by starbosa10 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:16 am

TouchPassDario wrote:Just incredible that folks think Mikal deserves a bigger contract than DA.

DA has really stepped it up recently
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#2732 » by suns12345 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:44 am

TouchPassDario wrote:Just incredible that folks think Mikal deserves a bigger contract than DA.

I think ultimately their pay day will be based on how they fare in the playoffs.

I'm torn because I think Ayton will be a clear max player one day, but not sure how much I want him to show it this year in case we can get him at a discount... then again, If he shows out in the playoffs, could we possibly go all the way!!!
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#2733 » by TouchPassDario » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:58 am

The Playoffs will be very revealing.

That said, Ayton outplayed QB2 at his position tonight.

Cannot wait to see him go up against Joker. I am confident.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#2734 » by Barkley6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Monty seems to rotate Moore, Galloway and Carter for that 2nd guard spot. Moore probably had his best game in his last one, then Galloway started playing and he's looked good, and now Carter is playing. I think he just wants to keep them all ready and give them each some burn.

I kind of think I like Nader for the bench 2 guard spot. He's been shooting the ball well, and while he doesn't handle as well as Moore, Galloway or Carter, this is a group that plays with 2 of Saric, Payne and CP3, so there isn't a shortage of creativity. I think Nader is a really positive defender (more so than Galloway or Moore) and has found a couple different ways to score (much more so than Carter) not to mention he crashes the boards well.

I've also noticed that a lot of teams target our bench 2 on the defensive end and try to get bigs switched onto them (Moore, Gallo and Carter have all been in this position), but I think that becomes a lot harder when you've got someone who has the height, length and strength of Nader.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#2735 » by TouchPassDario » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:10 pm

Wish we get Khem Birch. We need a legit 2nd NBA rim protector.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#2736 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:13 pm

TouchPassDario wrote:Wish we get Khem Birch. We need a legit 2nd NBA rim protector.
Yeah I would have liked him too. Looks like he's staying true to his Canadian roots and choosing the Raps. Probably hopes a good run with them will lead to a contract with them for next year since they are thin at C.

I wonder if Baynes gets bought out to make room.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#2737 » by LV-Suns » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:48 pm

Birch would have been a great pickup if he wanted to come here, I have been a pretty big fan since his UNLV days. But he looks like he going back home to Canada.

Gary Clark just got waived by the Nuggets. We still have a 2-way roster spot open. Might be a good pickup without cutting anyone from the roster.
I Dont wanna be here
Barkley6
Veteran

Post#2738 » by Barkley6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:47 pm

LV-Suns wrote:Birch would have been a great pickup if he wanted to come here, I have been a pretty big fan since his UNLV days. But he looks like he going back home to Canada.

Gary Clark just got waived by the Nuggets. We still have a 2-way roster spot open. Might be a good pickup without cutting anyone from the roster.

Don't think he's eligible for a two-way because he's got 4 years in the league.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#2739 » by LV-Suns » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:50 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
LV-Suns wrote:Birch would have been a great pickup if he wanted to come here, I have been a pretty big fan since his UNLV days. But he looks like he going back home to Canada.

Are you sure? Shaq Harrison just signed a 2 way with Denver and he has been in the league longer than Clark.
I Dont wanna be here
Barkley6
Veteran

Post#2740 » by Barkley6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:52 pm

LV-Suns wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

Are you sure? Shaq Harrison just signed a 2 way with Denver and he has been in the league longer than Clark.

I take it back, because this is each of their 4th year, they can sign a two-way until the end of the season, My b.

Return to Phoenix Suns