Does this year bring into question Curry's floor raising abilities?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,468

Re: Does this year bring into question Curry's floor raising abilities? 

Post#41 » by Pelly24 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:49 am

Im Your Father wrote:I don't think it really calls into question his floor raising abilities, but I DO think it should call into question how certain people on Real GM hold mediocre offensive or defensive team results against stars in less than ideal scenarios.

For example, I feel like in particular with respect to Wade or Garnett with those abysmal Heat/Wolves casts, I've seen team ORTG/DRTG held against them quite often.

Yup. You never see people call folks out for that until it's people they like.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,039
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#42 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:40 pm

Nah.

If anything, it shows me that the people that think Curry is some kind of system player are way off. Dude can destroy defenses no matter what kind of trash they put in the lineup with him.

Some of the most impressive improvement from rookie to prime for a player I’ve ever seen, because he was already a super skilled player with sub par athletic talent, not a raw athlete that needed to up his skillset.

It’s also proof that literally no one is immune to being on a bad team, no matter how dominant you are. Team sport.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,852

Post#43 » by Woodsanity » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:29 pm

Nah the team is trash.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#44 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:33 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/mkv0u5/the_2021_warriors_are_the_worst_team_in_the_nba/

This post on r/NBA has some pretty brutal numbers. The short of it is that Oubre and Wiseman, but particularly Wiseman absolutely tank the Warriors offense. Wiggins actually rates pretty decently, so long as he doesn't have to share the court with Wiseman or Oubre.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Rich Michmond
Sixth Man
And1: 2,971
Location: российско-немецкий кондоминиум под еврейским доверительным управлением

Post#45 » by Rich Michmond » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:56 pm

This year brings into question Bob Myers' ability to construct a team.
Gordon Haywood, Dwayne Wade, JJ Reddick, Derek Rose, Derrick Fisher, Lenny Wilkins, Kirk Heinrich, Oscar Robinson, DeMar DeRozen, Andre Iguadola, Pascal Siakim, Malcolm Brogdan
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#46 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:01 am

Read on Twitter

As an aside, the tailbone injury was flat out unlucky. It never would've happened in a non-covid season. Those missed games could be the difference between them making the playoffs.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,606

Post#47 » by Peregrine01 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:42 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

As an aside, the tailbone injury was flat out unlucky. It never would've happened in a non-covid season. Those missed games could be the difference between them making the playoffs.

It's even worse when you look at rORTG. With no Curry, Warriors are a -13 rORTG. I haven't checked but that may be the WOAT offense.
KobesScarf
Veteran
And1: 602

Post#48 » by KobesScarf » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:00 am

If anything this should really bring in to question something that should have never been a question.

Its basically impossible to be a winning team if Draymond is even your co-2nd best player.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#49 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:12 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

That Sixers team was putrid. I don’t want to relive that lol Lucky Embiid came for a stretch at basically All NBA quality

I knew the warriors were horrible offensively without Curry.

Curry is one of the best offensive engines ever. Every stat/impact under the sun paints him as that. He’s a walking offensive juggernaut/gravity warper off ball goat player rolled into one. This is nothing new

Only thing left is longevity to rank him higher all time.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#50 » by SpreeS » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:48 pm

Curry has record 23W/20L this season and one of the easiest remaining schedule

Home games 12
Away games 9

WAS 2, HOU 2, OKC 3, NOP 3, MEM, MIN, SAC, CLE

At home DEN 2, DAL, UTA, PHO

Its possible to reach 60% winning record and it wound be around 50 wins in standart reg season! What would be something with with this squad. Total it would guarantee only 8th place and play-in tournament, but man its one of all time floor rise.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#51 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:23 pm

Pelly24 wrote:
Im Your Father wrote:I don't think it really calls into question his floor raising abilities, but I DO think it should call into question how certain people on Real GM hold mediocre offensive or defensive team results against stars in less than ideal scenarios.

For example, I feel like in particular with respect to Wade or Garnett with those abysmal Heat/Wolves casts, I've seen team ORTG/DRTG held against them quite often.

Yup. You never see people call folks out for that until it's people they like.

That's where RPM saves the day and shows that guys like Wade, Garnett, and Curry were elite despite having poor supporting cast.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#52 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:09 pm

KobesScarf wrote:If anything this should really bring in to question something that should have never been a question.

Its basically impossible to be a winning team if Draymond is even your co-2nd best player.

You dont seem to understand what the statistics are saying...at all.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#53 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:30 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's what you should expect from the rest of the roster when you super max out two players to $80M and then shelve them.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#54 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:33 pm

Colbinii wrote:
KobesScarf wrote:If anything this should really bring in to question something that should have never been a question.

You dont seem to understand what the statistics are saying...at all.

Convenient of him to ignore 2016. But I'm not surprised. That seems to be his main takeaway in all Warriors threads is that Draymond is garbage. I think he tried to argue he was the 4th best player on the team in 2016?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#55 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:51 am

Curry should not be the only shooter on the floor. What good is Curry's gravity if there is nobody to pass to? Draymond still functions as the release valve point forward and his is racking up assists but his options on who to pass to are bad.

Wiggins and Oubre are not shooting guards so there is no spacing. Wiggins and Oubre have no feel for passing to each other or creating space for each other. You can't bench ether of them because the Warriors need to resign Oubre in order to have a tradeable contract and Wiggins is a half decent player as long as you don't expect him to be an off guard.

Jackson had Curry on the ball but Jackson was running 1990s pacers offense with Klay as Reggie Miller. Jackson had a bunch of guys setting picks for Curry. These guys don't know how to set picks. Wiseman Knows nothing at all.

I would say play an off guard. Let Wiggins be the star of the second unit. But can Wiggins handle not starting?

Return to Player Comparisons