4-7-21 NBA Wednesday GT (10 games)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Re: 4-7-21 NBA Wednesday GT (10 games) 

Post#121 » by zshawn10 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:05 am

Luka with a terrible game tonight.

Can we talk about how good Kelly has been for the rockets?
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#122 » by Mickey8 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:06 am

Michael Porter Jr is the worst passer in the league, actually he has no idea how to pass to the open man, he has tunnel vision , he just see the rim.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#123 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:09 am

Mickey8 wrote:Michael Porter Jr is the worst passer in the league, actually he has no idea how to pass to the open man, he has tunnel vision , he just see the rim.

Right now he is pretty much horrible at everything that isnt scoring or rebounding. But he is a hell of a scorer already.

But ya his defensive awareness is almost on the comically bad side. And ya he is a scorer who looks to score, facilitating isnt really in his game.

But again, that dude can sure score.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,472

Post#124 » by dc » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:09 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:The Raptor's ship was one to savour properly

The Nets weren't going to not do the Harden trade so they could make a potential championship more satisfying. They were going to make the trade to give themselves a better chance at winning. Actually winning a championship comes before what kind of style points you get for winning. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

No team is ever going to prefer a lesser chance of winning just so they can have some style points to say there was some doubt, or that it gave something for them to overcome.

The Nets stacking up a team to win after having one of the worst roster situations in NBA history just a few years ago (bottom dweller with their picks traded to someone else) should be satisfying enough for them.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,180

Post#125 » by Bologna Smasher » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:09 am

Isaiah Thomas has looked rough in these last two games. Was hoping he'd be productive so that he could stick around for a bit longer.
dc
Head Coach

Post#126 » by dc » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:10 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Michael Porter Jr is the worst passer in the league, actually he has no idea how to pass to the open man, he has tunnel vision , he just see the rim.

Right now he is pretty much horrible at everything that isnt scoring or rebounding. But he is a hell of a scorer already.

But ya his defensive awareness is almost on the comically bad side. And ya he is a scorer who looks to score, facilitating isnt really in his game.

Yeah, but I predict he's going to be one of those guys who is a pain to have on the roster once he gets a MAX contract.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Post#127 » by zshawn10 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:12 am

Mavs are really going to lose to Houston after beating the jazz huh?

Kelly with 18 rebounds now
dc
Head Coach

Post#128 » by dc » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:14 am

zshawn10 wrote:Mavs are really going to lose to Houston after beating the jazz huh?

Kelly with 18 rebounds now

Mavs lost to the Warriors at home by around 30 and also got outrebounded in a game where the Warriors (due to injuries) didn't have a player in the lineup taller than 6'6".

ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#129 » by ChampionRed » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:15 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
ChampionRed wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Enjoy your bought championship

Worse than the Lakers and GSWs

Just want to chime in:

Generally speaking,

No fan cares about other fans opinions when it comes to how championships are won.

A championship is a championship, period.

Deep down you know it's hollow and it eats away at your true happiness of the event

Deep down you wish fans of championship teams cared at all about what other fans think.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by Bologna Smasher » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:15 am

Are Mavs fans happy with Josh Richardson? He's been horrible tonight, but he's been very mediocre the whole season. Doesn't look like the same guy he was a couple years ago.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#131 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:16 am

dc wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Yeah, but I predict he's going to be one of those guys who is a pain to have on the roster once he gets a MAX contract.

I don’t know. He’s on a team where all he is pretty much asked to do is score. I’m not sure he could’ve landed in a better spot for him. It would be really dumb for him to complain.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#132 » by BallerTalk » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:16 am

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood when you're hanging an L on the Mavs! :lol:

Great game from a finally (mostly) healthy lineup.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,577

Post#133 » by jehosafats » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:16 am

To hell with Stockton, Magic, and the whole lot of them. CP3 is the best PG of all time.
gottamakeit
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,318

Post#134 » by gottamakeit » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:17 am

Bologna Smasher wrote:Are Mavs fans happy with Josh Richardson? He's been horrible tonight, but he's been very mediocre the whole season. Doesn't look like the same guy he was a couple years ago.

we're hating what Josh has been giving us. we're hoping he opts out of his contract and leaves in the coming free agency.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
dc
Head Coach

Post#135 » by dc » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:19 am

Bologna Smasher wrote:Are Mavs fans happy with Josh Richardson? He's been horrible tonight, but he's been very mediocre the whole season. Doesn't look like the same guy he was a couple years ago.

He's a 2nd round pick who might be one of the true "product of the system" guys from when he was in Miami.

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#136 » by Buzzard » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:20 am

On the bright side for the Hawks. Okongwu had 13/11 and 2 blocks in his first start of the season. The rookie looks more like a keeper every next game he plays.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#137 » by Mickey8 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:21 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I know he is, but in some situation he should be able to see the open player waving his hands , instead of taking a tough shot.
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#138 » by ChampionRed » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:21 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
dc wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:Deep down you know it's hollow and it eats away at your true happiness of the event

Championships are hard to come by. I'm sure it'd be extremely satisfying for fans to win a championship with an underdog team the way Leicester City won EPL a few years ago, but it's highly unlikely.

If you have a chance to stack a team and give yourself a great chance to win, you do it. You don't get picky about style points when it comes to winning a championship.

The Raptor's ship was one to savour properly

The Raptors championship (I was rooting for them) was extremely based on a lot of luck and things breaking their way. They were clearly not the best team in the NBA. That championship was ALL luck.

So after reading that, did my opinion change your view of their championship?

Exactly.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Bologna Smasher » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:23 am

Buzzard wrote:On the bright side for the Hawks. Okongwu had 13/11 and 2 blocks in his first start of the season. The rookie looks more like a keeper every next game he plays.

He and Avdija were the two guys I had the most difficult time evaluating during draft time. Could've seen him going either way. He's looked pretty good so far. I'm wondering about his future fit with Capela and Collins though, especially if he starts breaking out.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#140 » by Buzzard » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:23 am

Bologna Smasher wrote:Isaiah Thomas has looked rough in these last two games. Was hoping he'd be productive so that he could stick around for a bit longer.

His handles were sloppy and he had some unforced turnovers. But I thought he moved well against the Hawks last night.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to The General Board