ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Celtics PG: Do we need Woody back?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,348

Re: Knicks - Celtics PG: Do we need Woody back? 

Post#261 » by F N 11 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:44 pm

2010 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Season a success
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#262 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:45 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Flashing a mid range game too. 60% on pull-up jumpers and 100% on pull-up 3's over that stretch.

yeah the navigating the screen in the clutch to turn and nail a 20 footer pull up might have been the most impressive because that shot is what teams give up late in games and to be able to create that look shows great improvement.

The shot looked beautiful. He has been developing a really nice flow to his game. Very crafty.

He's also doing it with little to no spacing...imagine actually playing with a guard that not only can get him good looks but actually space the floor for him when RJ is driving. WIth RJ's work ethic I have been super impressed with this kid. He had multiple times early in the year he could have cracked...but he pushed through into a great season.

He has earned that Maple Mamba nickname for sure.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#263 » by JBreezeNY » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:47 pm

DaGawd wrote:Looking at the schedule remaining.. the only games I can for sure say this team wins is maybe that one coming up against a depleted lakers team and maybe one of the raptors matchups even tho the raps seem to have our number no matter what in recent years.. I think I’m on board team tank..

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#264 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:49 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Looking at the schedule remaining.. the only games I can for sure say this team wins is maybe that one coming up against a depleted lakers team and maybe one of the raptors matchups even tho the raps seem to have our number no matter what in recent years.. I think I’m on board team tank..

:lol: I ain’t happy about it. I wanted to experience playoff ball but Randle is gassed and we can’t beat good teams
BaF
Washington Wizards
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#265 » by ITGM » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:50 pm

At this point, each loss is a blessing in disguise.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#266 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:53 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Sark wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Should've traded Randle for a top 10 pick when we had the chance..

Was that something that was ever even offered?

After the package Vuc got I would say it was close to possible. At least a top 15 pick imo
So it's imagined.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,072

Post#267 » by Juco24 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:57 pm

ITGM wrote:At this point, each loss is a blessing in disguise.

Yeah... I'm with you at this point - it was a helluva ride and I think we got respect back. But now, I'd rather see Obi get more minutes and even Knox. Definitely would like to see Quickley start over EP. I know it won't happen with Thibs but it should. This team is just not good enough to pose a threat in the playoffs.

Randle is dog tired, Payton is tripping over his own feet, Mitch is probably done for the season... sometimes you just need to waive the white flag
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#268 » by cgmw » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:02 pm

Juco24 wrote:
ITGM wrote:At this point, each loss is a blessing in disguise.

Yeah... I'm with you at this point - it was a helluva ride and I think we got respect back. But now, I'd rather see Obi get more minutes and even Knox. Definitely would like to see Quickley start over EP. I know it won't happen with Thibs but it should. This team is just not good enough to pose a threat in the playoffs.

Randle is dog tired, Payton is tripping over his own feet, Mitch is probably done for the season... sometimes you just need to waive the white flag

Bwahahah you think Thibs is ever gonna play youth? He’ll go down swinging with Rose/Bullock/Burks/Taj/Noel no matter how far out of contention.

Knicks have never prioritized rookie playing time over meaningless late season wins, and I don’t see Thibs being the guy who changes that company policy.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#269 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:05 pm

Would be pretty impressive if RJ could finish the season at or above 40% from 3 lol. To go from below average one season to above
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,348

Post#270 » by F N 11 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:11 pm

They quit at the deadline, we should all be team Tank, especially with Payton starting all season.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#271 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:15 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:RJ has improved his 3PT% by 6% from last season and his overall FG% by 4.8%

that's a HUGE improvement....and he's only 20

but no....tanking doesn't work.....only landed us RJ :dontknow:

I know he’s Voldemort around these parts the last time we tanked before that we landed another good player

Also happens to be the last time we committed to draft picks more than 1 season

yep, when they've legit tanked they got RJ and KP, the 2 best players the Knicks have drafted probably since Ewing

when they are a treadmill team that makes a failed playoff attempt, we wind up w/ Frank, Knox, Obi

clearly, one strategy has worked better for the Knicks

Ending up where we did in the draft last year via journeymen garbage while also not playing the kids while also forgoing on assets cost this team dearly.

Mills did this twice in a span of 3 years. Truly the Picasso of abysmal team management.

One would hope this organization finally realized how detrimental it was to the future of this team.

Those windows of opportunity are long gone. RJB Randle duo flanked by Mitch IQ is too good to be awful from here on out.

Hopefully this new regime can overcome the failures of the past.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,997

Post#272 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:19 pm

DaGawd wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

:lol: I ain’t happy about it. I wanted to experience playoff ball but Randle is gassed and we can’t beat good teams

you'd be more down on the team if we made the playoffs, not less. because every team plays hard in the playoffs like we do in the regular season. that advantage would be gone. how actually far we are from being competitive would be revealed. this way we can all pretend that we're close to something now, which we're actually not.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,602

Post#273 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:21 pm

not much is gonna change from the team until we get better guards and get rid of payton for good
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#274 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:not much is gonna change from the team until we get better guards and get rid of payton for good

i think the knicks need an actual first option even more than that. and no i don't think anyone on this team is or will ever be that. i know this is blasphemy but it is what it is.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#275 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:not much is gonna change from the team until we get better guards and get rid of payton for good

i think the knicks need an actual first option even more than that. and no i don't think anyone on this team is or will ever be that. i know this is blasphemy but it is what it is.

you're not lying. at least we have some good complementary pieces with randle and rj. but they aren't enough to take us to that next level. lavine is probably the closest one to a #1 option that's gonna be available and we'll have to wait another year to even make that happen

i wonder if the knicks are gonna go after derozan instead of waiting for lavine to hit free agency. derozan isn't the answer for us but he's like the only realistic "star" we can get this free agency. im not sure how desperate they want the playoffs cause they didn't even make a move in the trade deadline
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#276 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:33 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

you're not lying. at least we have some good complementary pieces with randle and rj. but they aren't enough to take us to that next level. lavine is probably the closest one to a #1 option that's gonna be available and we'll have to wait another year to even make that happen

i wonder if the knicks are gonna go after derozan instead of waiting for lavine to hit free agency. derozan isn't the answer for us but he's like the only realistic "star" we can get this free agency. im not sure how desperate they want the playoffs cause they didn't even make a move in the trade deadline

he's definitely gonna be in the mix. i think it will depend how long a deal he wants. i think the knicks want to bide their time until some of the younger stars are free agents. so they'd be down to overpay him for 2/3 years but no longer. kind of like what they were willing to do with hayward.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#277 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

he's definitely gonna be in the mix. i think it will depend how long a deal he wants. i think the knicks want to bide their time until some of the younger stars are free agents. so they'd be down to overpay him for 2/3 years but no longer. kind of like what they were willing to do with hayward.

marc stein said we offered hayward a 4 year contract though. so i don't know. knicks are confusing to tell what they want to do. they offer hayward a 4 year contract, but yet they make zero moves to improve the team by the trade deadline. so i don't know if they really want the playoffs or not. only thing i know is that thibs said earlier in the season was that the plan for us this season is to build a foundation and just live with the results. i guess that's why they stood pat by the deadline
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,444

Post#278 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:44 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

It is interesting that we didnt seem to go after anyone that hard at the deadline.

Hope we go after Ball instead of Derozan. I know he is not as good and we still would be missing that #1 option. But he would help our PG issue and if we pay him in the $20 to $22mil range we can still be in position to add a max in '22.

Doesnt seem like there will be many stars this offseason so I would be good with adding a smaller piece (Ball, Powell, etc) and taking a smaller step.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#279 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:48 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

It is interesting that we didnt seem to go after anyone that hard at the deadline.

Hope we go after Ball instead of Derozan. I know he is not as good and we still would be missing that #1 option. But he would help our PG issue and if we pay him in the $20 to $22mil range we can still be in position to add a max in '22.

Doesnt seem like there will be many stars this offseason so I would be good with adding a smaller piece (Ball, Powell, etc) and taking a smaller step.

lonzo would be a great fit here and would easily fix our PG issue. i like powell a lot too. i prefer them over derozan
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#280 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:48 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

there's enough money for both

Return to New York Knicks