ImageImageImageImageImage

Post March Madness updated Mock Draft

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post March Madness updated Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by alienchild » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,539

Re: Post March Madness updated Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:53 pm

Alperen Sengun is pretty low considering how he plays against PROs.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,604

Post#3 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:16 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Alperen Sengun is pretty low considering how he plays against PROs.

It's because he's 6'9. Plays like Enes Kanter (who was drafted 3rd overall in 2011). The game has changed and Luka Garza, player of the year is a 2nd round pick despite being able to shoot the 3. Garza is like a bigger Tyler Hansborough that can shoot from outside, but still projects to be a backup C like a rich man's Henry Ellenson.

Moody is still 18 so #21 seems a bit low, same for Ziaire Williams at #24, same for Jaden Springer at #28.

Aaron Henry at #32 seems way too high.

They left off Queta completely, so don't care about this mock.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#4 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:29 pm

Psubs wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Alperen Sengun is pretty low considering how he plays against PROs.

It's because he's 6'9. Plays like Enes Kanter (who was drafted 3rd overall in 2011). The game has changed and Luka Garza, player of the year is a 2nd round pick despite being able to shoot the 3. Garza is like a bigger Tyler Hansborough that can shoot from outside, but still projects to be a backup C like a rich man's Henry Ellenson.

Moody is still 18 so #21 seems a bit low, same for Ziaire Williams at #24, same for Jaden Springer at #28.

Sengun can do much more than what Kanter does, he looks closest thing to Jokic as prospect goes, he is ridiculous for 18 year old.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#5 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:33 pm

Green
Mobley
Suggs
Cade
Kuminga
Johnson
Barnes

the rest are meh
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#6 » by raptor jesus » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:37 pm

Psubs wrote:

From what I've seen, that seems like a lazy comparison (I assume because they're both Turkish). Sengun looks more mobile and skilled, and shows better instincts defensively than Kanter did at the same age e.g. step back 3s, dribbling full court and dropping a dime, weak side blocks.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#7 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:50 pm

raptor jesus wrote:
From what I've seen, that seems like a lazy comparison (I assume because they're both Turkish). Sengun looks more mobile and skilled, and shows better instincts defensively than Kanter did at the same age e.g. step back 3s, dribbling full court and dropping a dime, weak side blocks.

His feel for the game for an 18 year old is ridiculous, look at his passing instincts, guy truly is a savant, but NBA teams will always overate Euro athletes like Hezonja and Avdija, even tho they are total scrubs, instead of drafting actual basketball player. 2 Best Euros right now are mostly below the rim guys in Jokic and Luka, and people loved to say how Luka is too slow for the NBA ha.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,857

Post#8 » by ItsDanger » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:51 pm

List is biased by tournament. When are these jokers going to learn? They do the same in hockey with similar failure.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 772

Post#9 » by Jerry Lucas » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:01 pm

Another day, another mock where Tre Mann is getting way too heavily slept on, 18th is way too low.

Jaden Springer at 28 and Moses Moody at 21 is a joke.

If we end up with one of Mann/Springer/Moody/Davion late lottery it wouldn't be a terrible alternative to not tanking hard enough for a lottery win.

Also if Suggs and Mobley get picked before Jalen Green I'd rather win the 4th overall pick than 2nd or 3rd.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,927

Post#10 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:26 pm

Moody will work his way back up during the workout/interview process.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,196

Post#11 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:39 pm

Won't lie I'd be pretty furious if this was the outcome of the draft for us basically taking a projected early 2nd rounder in the lottery with Bouknight, Christopher, Kai Jones, Ayo, Springer, Todd and Zairie all still on the board.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#12 » by Rodrickle » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:49 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

His feel for the game for an 18 year old is ridiculous, look at his passing instincts, guy truly is a savant, but NBA teams will always overate Euro athletes like Hezonja and Avdija, even tho they are total scrubs, instead of drafting actual basketball player. 2 Best Euros right now are mostly below the rim guys in Jokic and Luka, and people loved to say how Luka is too slow for the NBA ha.
He is athletic though. Interesting to see what he measures out at height and wingspan. IMO he should be top ten if he's 6'9 w/o shoes which would be like 6'10 1/2 in NBA measurements lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
anj
Bench Warmer
And1: 909

Post#13 » by anj » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:50 pm

Most interesting takeaway is that they project us finishing with the 11th pick. We're, what, tied for 7th currently?

Also interesting that Chris Duarte is older than Flynn, Harris, OG, and Trent. We love those older seniors, haha.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,927

Post#14 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:56 pm

raptor jesus wrote:

Kanter also didn't play for like 2 seasons prior to his draft year. People were going in blind off his Hoops Summit game and earlier youth performances. And he's still very much an NBA player, and probably the 15th best player in that draft.

For comparison, JV was a worse player playing largely bench minutes in the Lithuanian league, and he's still around the 10th best player from that draft.

Sengun looks like a good bet to be a top 15 player from this draft based on his age and productivity against pros.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,692

Post#15 » by Kurtz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:13 pm

Franz Wagner at 9...does anyone see star potential with this guy? I don't see anything special there.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,535

Post#16 » by Bruin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:16 pm

Kurtz wrote:Franz Wagner at 9...does anyone see star potential with this guy? I don't see anything special there.

I think he falls to the teens after the workouts and measurements. He doesn’t seem to be anything other than a role player. Could be wrong though, wouldn’t be the first time lol
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#17 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:19 pm

Jaden Springer should go in the lottery, probably 8-14 range.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,604

Post#18 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:23 pm

Kurtz wrote:Franz Wagner at 9...does anyone see star potential with this guy? I don't see anything special there.

Elite role player. At minimum Matt Harpring with playmaking. Poor man's Gordon Hayward? More defense, less offense?

Shane Battier. He's a decent get in the teens.

Michigan was a good defensive team and arguably he was their best defender. Not flashy, just does things right.
RealGM
And1: 66,474

Post#19 » by 720 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:24 pm

We better not be picking 11th. :censored:
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 440

Post#20 » by Smalltown » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:26 pm

Ignoring the first for a moment. My gut is telling me we use our two 2nds to either draft or trade up to draft Charles Bassey. We've been scouting him hard and he just seems like a "Raptors player".

Return to Toronto Raptors