Who comes out of the East?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

East Finals

76ers
18%
Nets
53%
Bucks
16%
Heat
7%
Celtics
1%
Others
4%

Total votes: 146

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,054

Re: Who comes out of the East? 

Post#41 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:54 am

This isn't even close. Barring injuries, Nets are going to sleepwalk to the finals and potentially a championship.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#42 » by Antinomy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:10 am

CoP wrote:
Antinomy wrote:If I were looking at it from an unbiased view

stopped reading there

I think you kept reading :wink:
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#43 » by xinxin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:58 am

The Nets look like a juggernaut. Their deficiencies in defense might have been overblown.

I suspect that the following apply to the Nets players right now:

KD - wants a ring not associated with GS
Kyrie - wants a ring not associated with lebron.

Harden/ LA/ Griffin - want a ring. Period.

So this first run together, I think they’ll set egos aside just to win at all cost.

Next year might be different since that’s when their individual legacies as to who the top dog is for the team, will rear is head again.. unless someone from the big 3 defers to the rest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#44 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:36 pm

I'm going to abstain on this poll. Nets probably deserve my vote but they can't seem to stay healthy and they haven't played their best players together much and when they do, their defense isn't too good.

Bucks probably deserve my vote too, but they've had trouble in the playoffs.

Sixers, like most teams, are too dependent on one player - unfortunately for them, he has trouble staying off the injured list.

The rest of the pack have some good looking teams, that just can't seem to pull it altogether. But if they did ...
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,381

Post#45 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:38 pm

Nets if healthy. Otherwise, it's a toss-up between Miami, Wilwaukee, and Philly.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,805

Post#46 » by tydett » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:34 pm

Nets are borderline unfair, should win it all, and will probably be the team cited after some changes to buyout rules in the next CBA.
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,572

Post#47 » by knuckles862 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:15 pm

It will be interesting. I'm sure most say the nets because they do have the most talent. I also think the bucks and sixers are also a bad matchup for the nets. So we shall see what factor weighs more
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#48 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:53 pm

tydett wrote:Nets are borderline unfair, should win it all, and will probably be the team cited after some changes to buyout rules in the next CBA.

I have seen this too many times where a strong offensive minded team adds aging stars. Unfortunately, most of the time it crashes and burns. Not only that but the foundation is weak where KD is recovering himself. Harden was added in mid-early season.

There has not been enough practices to mesh well for a playoff run.

No doubt the Nets are most talented on Offense my a long stretch. However, Nash is a new coach and Kyrie, KD and Harden are not the most mature when things turn sour. This could exploded into a fireworks during the playoff when player try to take over and egos get bruised.

Mark my words, the Nets will not win the banner this year. I think they have a difficult time getting to the Finals too.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."

Return to The General Board