ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Celtics PG: Do we need Woody back?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,128

Re: Knicks - Celtics PG: Do we need Woody back? 

Post#281 » by DOT » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:50 pm

Read on Twitter
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,121

Post#282 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:not much is gonna change from the team until we get better guards and get rid of payton for good

i think the knicks need an actual first option even more than that. and no i don't think anyone on this team is or will ever be that. i know this is blasphemy but it is what it is.

correct, I don't think Lonzo Ball for example fixes our issues especially late in games. He isn't breaking down a defense in the half court in the last two minutes to create for himself or others.

A PG would def be nice...but a #1 option is more important so I agree. A #1 option that is a PG is ideal. So is Lillard available :lol: :lol: :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,111

Post#283 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:57 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
Sark wrote:
Was that something that was ever even offered?

After the package Vuc got I would say it was close to possible. At least a top 15 pick imo
So it's imagined.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Yes because we never actually hear concrete evidence of trades until years down the road..

So we're using our big brains and realizing that Vuc is around the same value as Randle and he netted the magic a top 10 pic so.....

You can conclude that Randle could have at least netted us a top 15 or more if we were willing to take on a bad contract or something
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,978

Post#284 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:01 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:After the package Vuc got I would say it was close to possible. At least a top 15 pick imo
So it's imagined.

Yes because we never actually hear concrete evidence of trades until years down the road..

So we're using our big brains and realizing that Vuc is around the same value as Randle and he netted the magic a top 10 pic so.....

You can conclude that Randle could have at least netted us a top 15 or more if we were willing to take on a bad contract or something

knicks aren't trading our all star
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#285 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:07 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:not much is gonna change from the team until we get better guards and get rid of payton for good

i think the knicks need an actual first option even more than that. and no i don't think anyone on this team is or will ever be that. i know this is blasphemy but it is what it is.

correct, I don't think Lonzo Ball for example fixes our issues especially late in games. He isn't breaking down a defense in the half court in the last two minutes to create for himself or others.

A PG would def be nice...but a #1 option is more important so I agree. A #1 option that is a PG is ideal. So is Lillard available :lol: :lol: :lol:

even if he was, they'd want everything but randle for him.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#286 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter

i told you he aint sh*t. people were complaining about his minutes. jesus.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#287 » by KnicksGod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:26 pm

I fully know how outrageous it sounds to compare Elf and Randle, but before he had his big surge this year, that's how they felt to me. Two peas in a pod. Bad unforced turnovers at bad times, mindless plays, a lack of BBIQ or talent to complete certain plays. It's starting to look like that again, despite the difference in importance/production lol.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#288 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

i told you he aint sh*t. people were complaining about his minutes. jesus.

Iggy is a very weird player in a weird spot.

He was basically the Randle of the G-League, but no NBA team would ever play him in that role. So he's basically on the Kevin Knox track, where he either needs to become a 40% shooter from 3, or he will be out of the league.

I think he's clearly trending towards the bad end of that spectrum
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,309

Post#289 » by rajajackal » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:40 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I fully know how outrageous it sounds to compare Elf and Randle, but before he had his big surge this year, that's how they felt to me. Two peas in a pod. Bad unforced turnovers at bad times, mindless plays, a lack of BBIQ or talent to complete certain plays. It's starting to look like that again, despite the difference in importance/production lol.

randle's undoubtedly brought his skill level up and overall makes better decisions than he used to. the hard truth here is that he has been firing on all cylinders in order to overachieve and has pretty obviously topped out. i don't think we'll see a higher ceiling than we've seen this year. i'm not gonna turn on the guy, because i like him and he can still be useful down the line, but outside of the week he dropped his player's tribune article, i've been very open to selling high if we can't get a true #1 next to him quickly. you really do not want to go into randle's UFA with him as your best player. that's a trainwreck overpay waiting to happen
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#290 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:41 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I fully know how outrageous it sounds to compare Elf and Randle, but before he had his big surge this year, that's how they felt to me. Two peas in a pod. Bad unforced turnovers at bad times, mindless plays, a lack of BBIQ or talent to complete certain plays. It's starting to look like that again, despite the difference in importance/production lol.

overall, he was very good for most of the season. this month he's been real bad so far. shooting 38/30. only 4 games but not good. it looks like it has something to do with the level of competition. i went and looked at his game log and most of his bad shooting games are against good teams. if we looked at his combined numbers against teams over 500, they look like they're gonna be bad.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3064514/julius-randle
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#291 » by KnicksGod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:43 pm

rajajackal wrote:

randle's undoubtedly brought his skill level up and overall makes better decisions than he used to. the hard truth here is that he has been firing on all cylinders in order to overachieve and has pretty obviously topped out. i don't think we'll see a higher ceiling than we've seen this year. i'm not gonna turn on the guy, because i like him and he can still be useful down the line, but outside of the week he dropped his player's tribune article, i've been very open to selling high if we can't get a true #1 next to him quickly. you really do not want to go into randle's UFA with him as your best player. that's a trainwreck overpay waiting to happen

He's a good third scorer but could he subordinate his game? Not sure.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#292 » by KnicksGod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:

overall, he was very good for most of the season. this month he's been real bad so far. shooting 38/30. only 4 games but not good. it looks like it has something to do with the level of competition. i went and looked at his game log and most of his bad shooting games are against good teams. if we looked at his combined numbers against teams over 500, they look like they're gonna be very bad.

Yeah that's not a good sign. He sort of shouts out good player on a bad team. Plus 26 and 20 is a big gap.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#293 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:47 pm

Randle hasn't had it for a couple weeks. He is in a shooting slump probably do to his legs being burned from too many minutes. I would really like to see him play with an above average point guard.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#294 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:

overall, he was very good for most of the season. this month he's been real bad so far. shooting 38/30. only 4 games but not good. it looks like it has something to do with the level of competition. i went and looked at his game log and most of his bad shooting games are against good teams. if we looked at his combined numbers against teams over 500, they look like they're gonna be very bad.

The midrange game has stopped falling. This was always going to happen, but I think the belief was that he would compensate by getting better around the rim, since he was lagging in that area, relative to his career shooting % in the interior.

What has happened though, is that we keep playing Elfrid Payton, so Julius continues to have no spacing in the interior to operate. So now he shoots like sh*t from everywhere :lol:
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,948

Post#295 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:54 pm

Fuqin Thibs driving me bat shyt with the damn elf.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,908

Post#296 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:you're not lying. at least we have some good complementary pieces with randle and rj. but they aren't enough to take us to that next level. lavine is probably the closest one to a #1 option that's gonna be available and we'll have to wait another year to even make that happen

i wonder if the knicks are gonna go after derozan instead of waiting for lavine to hit free agency. derozan isn't the answer for us but he's like the only realistic "star" we can get this free agency. im not sure how desperate they want the playoffs cause they didn't even make a move in the trade deadline

It is interesting that we didnt seem to go after anyone that hard at the deadline.

Hope we go after Ball instead of Derozan. I know he is not as good and we still would be missing that #1 option. But he would help our PG issue and if we pay him in the $20 to $22mil range we can still be in position to add a max in '22.

Doesnt seem like there will be many stars this offseason so I would be good with adding a smaller piece (Ball, Powell, etc) and taking a smaller step.

there's enough money for both

For Derozan + Ball? We do have enough money for both but then would be capped out for the foreseeable future.

I would pass on Derozan and just add Ball. Then save the max slot in our back pocket for a legit #1 guy if possible. Our window is basically this year and next before we have to reup Randle, Mitch and then RJ
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,636

Post#297 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:57 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:After the package Vuc got I would say it was close to possible. At least a top 15 pick imo
So it's imagined.

But Vuc is also a viable center. Much rarer than a PF like Randle.

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#298 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:58 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:So it's imagined.

not on defense
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,636

Post#299 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:01 pm

god shammgod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Yes because we never actually hear concrete evidence of trades until years down the road..

not on defense
Fair but a stretch 5 is going to be more valuable than a stretchy 4.

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#300 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:02 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
It is interesting that we didnt seem to go after anyone that hard at the deadline.

Hope we go after Ball instead of Derozan. I know he is not as good and we still would be missing that #1 option. But he would help our PG issue and if we pay him in the $20 to $22mil range we can still be in position to add a max in '22.

Doesnt seem like there will be many stars this offseason so I would be good with adding a smaller piece (Ball, Powell, etc) and taking a smaller step.

there's enough money for both

For Derozan + Ball? We do have enough money for both but then would be capped out for the foreseeable future.

I would pass on Derozan and just add Ball. Then save the max slot in our back pocket for a legit #1 guy if possible. Our window is basically this year and next before we have to reup Randle, Mitch and then RJ

listen, i would probably pass on both. i don't think they're thinking that.

what's randle's cap hold in 2022 ? lonzo at an overpriced number plus add 2 more 1st rounders salaries this summer. there might not be as much room in 2022 than we think. i'm not sure what it looks like.

Return to New York Knicks