ImageImageImage

The "All Sunshine and Rainbows" thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

The "All Sunshine and Rainbows" thread 

Post#1 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:56 pm

Yes, this thread is exactly what you think it is. We know that life is not all sunshine and rainbows. Rocky told us this. But with all the frustration surrounding this team's inconsistencies, I felt like we needed just one thread solely for the things that we are happiest about. Again, this is a ZERO negativity thread. This does not mean that you don't have issues with aspects of this team. This does not mean that you think everything's fine. This is merely a "mental health check-in" if you will. You can only post POSITIVE things about this team in here. Developments you're happy about. Surprise contributions. Things that give you hope for the future of this team. That's it! Ready, go! I'll start first:

Lately, I've kinda beat on this kid a bit which is ironic because he's my favorite player on the team without question. But I've really enjoyed seeing the evolution of Jaylen as a legit 3-level scorer. He has all the shots now. He can hit from anywhere. He's a relentless attacker. He has improved his game in just about every year. It's remarkable when you consider where he started to see where he is now. And what excites me about his development as a player is that in doing this, he hasn't even hit his prime years when players really start to "think the game" yet. He's so maddening at times to me because he IS my favorite player. But I know 2 years from now he's going to be a better player than he is now.

Also, a young core of JT/JB/FournHub/Rob/Romeo/PP and surround that group with veteran ball movers and defenders gives me hope for the future of this team. I think the rest of this team can and probably should be replaced but that's a group that I think if it can stay together can do some things.

Okay, now you...
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,894

Re: The "All Sunshine and Rainbows" thread 

Post#2 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:03 pm

This season sucks. The inconsistency, injuries and Covid have hit us hard, but I still think the team will be fine. Just dump Kemba in the offseason and the team will be fine. Add shooters and a 3-d wing to replace Kemba in the starting lineup.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#3 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:05 pm

There’s only 20 something odd games left.....I kid. Watching time lord develop and Fournier before he got hurt was and will be exciting the rest of the way
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#4 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:07 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:This season sucks. The inconsistency, injuries and Covid have hit us hard, but I still think the team will be fine. Just dump Kemba in the offseason and the team will be fine. Add shooters and a 3-d wing to replace Kemba in the starting lineup.

So what about "no negativity in THIS thread" was unclear? lol Literally, your first sentence is a negative.

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,952

Post#5 » by 31to6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:08 pm

I'm excited about the addition of FournHub. The player, and the nickname.

And Tackkkkkoooo got some real minutes against Embiid! I can die happy, covered in sunshine and rainbows.

Also Pritchard is way better than I expected, and Kornet might be worth hanging on to. I loved Theis, but I'm glad we finally traded someone before watching them walk away for nothing.

And the team is virtually undefeated since Romeo Langford returned from his tomb.

Also I'm still a bit apprehensive about it from a public health perspective, but it's exciting to have fans back in the arena.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,952

Post#6 » by 31to6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:10 pm

We still own our pick, which is looking surprisingly frisky.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,826

Post#7 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:11 pm

This season sucks but there is still time to reach the goals set forth before the season began. The future after this year looks very bright with Tatum, Brown, Smart, Pritchard, Nesmith, Langford, R Williams, G Williams, Fournier (hopefully) and the 15-18th pick. Great core of players to build on going forward. Need to figure out the Kemba Walker situation going forward.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,426

Post#8 » by playa-hater » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:12 pm

Timelord's top 5 potential.

Romeo's decent looking shooting form (which was definitely a pre-draft concern) + his defensive potential.

Luke Kornet is at worst a good 3rd string center with the ability and potential to step in and provide some things we need.

Damn I almost forgot how much I like what PP brings to the table.

Still hoping and believing in Nesmith, though I now know he will not be given a chance this year.

** Fournier if he re-signs for sure
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
LoquaciousLarry
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#9 » by LoquaciousLarry » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:21 pm

Romeo exists and looks like a rotational player.
Jaylen Brown has continued his ascension and is an NBA All star.
Robert Williams looks capable of being a starting C for the future.
Tristan Thompson played his best game in a Celtics uniform last night.
Tacko Fall is 7'5 and improves team morale while providing a rebounding and shot blocking project off the pine.
Mo Wagner isnt his brother Frans who choked down the stretch of the NCAA tournament for Michigan.
Carsen Edwards doesn't see the floor often.
Javonte Green is no longer with us.
Marcus occasionally plays Smart.
Tatums Subway Sandwich looks good.
After this year, Kemba will have one less season on his contract.
Fournier looks like a good fit.
Pritchard is an underrated rebounder.
The Celtics couldn't play any worse and are still right in the thick of things. If they get healthy and get their heads on straight they're capable of surprising a few teams in the playoffs.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,894

Post#10 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:22 pm

playa-hater wrote:Timelord's top 5 potential.

Romeo's decent looking shooting form (which was definitely a pre-draft concern) + his defensive potential.

Luke Kornet is at worst a good 3rd string center with the ability and potential to step in and provide some things we need.

Still hoping and believing in Nesmith, though I now know he will not be given a chance this year.

Nesmith lack of offseason and practice time hurt him this season. I think he will be a contributor next season.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#11 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:26 pm

LoquaciousLarry wrote:Romeo exists and looks like a rotational player.
Jaylen Brown has continued his ascension and is an NBA All star.
Robert Williams looks capable of being a starting C for the future.
Tristan Thompson played his best game in a Celtics uniform last night.
Tacko Fall is 7'5 and improves team morale while providing a rebounding and shot blocking project off the pine.
Mo Wagner isnt his brother Frans who choked down the stretch of the NCAA tournament for Michigan.
Carsen Edwards doesn't see the floor often.
Javonte Green is no longer with us.
Marcus occasionally plays Smart.
Tatums Subway Sandwich looks good.
After this year, Kemba will have one less season on his contract.
Fournier looks like a good fit.
Pritchard is an underrated rebounder.
The Celtics couldn't play any worse and are still right in the thick of things. If they get healthy and get their heads on straight they're capable of surprising a few teams in the playoffs.

This gets an And1 for the bolded part alone. Though I think I would get Greens steak and cheese thing over Tatums.

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,426

Post#12 » by playa-hater » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:32 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:

Nesmith lack of offseason and practice time hurt him this season
. I think he will be a contributor next season.

100% of course. but it wasn't like other rookies had a different circumstance. Whatever. I have moved on from Nesmith this season when Boston traded for Fournier. Next year, we will see.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,123

Post#13 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:35 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:I still think the team will be fine. Just dump Kemba in the offseason and the team will be fine. Add shooters and a 3-d wing to replace Kemba in the starting lineup.

1) Dumping Kemba will be much easier said than done. He's got 2 years left on his contract after this one at ascending money. Due to make $38 mil in 2022-2023. There's only 7 players in the league making more than $38 mil right now. He's old, bad knees, can't play D, no one is gonna take him in a trade. Let's just be realistic, make the best of it with him at PG till his contract runs out.

2) You want to dump Kemba and replace him in starting lineup with a 3-D wing? So...Smart is your starting PG? I like Smart. He had injuries and just wasn't as good (not his normal elite defending self, poor shooting) during 1st half of year but he is really picking it up and back to his old self these last few games. But c'mon, he's not a PG. You could see last night how shaky he was bringing the ball up when he was being pressure full court. Smart is a SG, who at times here and there if you really need him to, if you're in a pinch can play some PG. But I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with him as my starting PG on a consistent basis.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
LoquaciousLarry
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#14 » by LoquaciousLarry » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:40 pm

Hal14 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:I still think the team will be fine. Just dump Kemba in the offseason and the team will be fine. Add shooters and a 3-d wing to replace Kemba in the starting lineup.

1) Dumping Kemba will be much easier said than done. He's got 2 years left on his contract after this one at ascending money. Due to make $38 mil in 2022-2023. There's only 7 players in the league making more than $38 mil right now. He's old, bad knees, can't play D, no one is gonna take him in a trade. Let's just be realistic, make the best of it with him at PG till his contract runs out.

2) You want to dump Kemba and replace him in starting lineup with a 3-D wing? So...Smart is your starting PG? I like Smart. He had injuries and just wasn't as good (not his normal elite defending self, poor shooting) during 1st half of year but he is really picking it up and back to his old self these last few games. But c'mon, he's not a PG. You could see last night how shaky he was bringing the ball up when he was being pressure full court. Smart is a SG, who at times here and there if you really need him to, if you're in a pinch can play some PG. But I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with him as my starting PG on a consistent basis.

To keep the thread positive I'm going to add at least Kemba Walker doesn't have a drinking problem like Vin the bottle Baker!
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,123

Post#15 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:44 pm

playa-hater wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

Nesmith lack of offseason and practice time hurt him this season
. I think he will be a contributor next season.

100% of course. but it wasn't like other rookies had a different circumstance. Whatever. I have moved on from Nesmith this season when Boston traded for Fournier. Next year, we will see.

Most rookies have underachieved this season. Ball has been really good. Haliburton was a nice surprise for Kings. Bey has been solid. Edwards has been pretty good but underachieved based on what you'd expect from a no. 1 pick.

But Toppin has underachieved. Okongwu has underachieved. Wiseman hasn't been nearly as good as Golden State was hoping for. Okoro has been ok, not great. Patrick Williams has been ok, not great.

Lewis, Smith and Vassell (all picked ahead of Nesmith) have been ok bench contributors but definitely nothing to write home about. Hayes and Avdija (picked ahead of Nesmith) haven't done squat. Maxey, Quickley and Stewart have been pretty good. Bey has been better than Nesmith, but he also played 67 college games compared to just 46 for Nesmith so Bey is more polished and Bey ahs gotten a chance for more regular playing time since he's on a bad team that doesn't have 2 all-stars who play the same position as him.

In general, you've got to give these guys more time to develop. Takes at least 3...even 4 years to really know if a guy is playing to his potential or is a bust.

With that being said, you've got to love how much hustle Nesmith has played with when he's been out there and for a guy who's only 6'5" he has rebounded very well, with a 9.2% rebounding %, which is higher than Grant. and higher than every guard on the team other than Brown/Tatum..

That being said, I only want to see him during garbage time rest of the season and let's see how he looks next year and if he can contribute..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,826

Post#16 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:51 pm

This was never going to be the year for Nesmith. Raw player, no training camp, no practice time. Everything worked against Nesmith this year. I fully expect Langford and Nesmith to be solid rotation players next year with/without Fournier.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#17 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:58 pm

That Boston couch GM guy had an extremely positive take the other night. If he can do it, so can we!

I love Jaylen, I truly think his continued development is the key to our success.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#18 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:59 pm

I look forward to a little R&R for the rest of the season, and by that, I mean Robert Williams and Romeo Langford.

Here are some other things that I’ve been happy about:

- Jeff Teague is no longer on the team
- hopeful that we can sign Fournier to a reasonable contract (ie at or below $20 million/year)
- Yam Madar has been impressive overseas. Hopefully he comes to play in the league next year.
- I saw Kemba do a step back jumper for the first time all season. Hopefully his knee is getting stronger.
- our city uniforms are pretty cool, and I hope I can get a pair of shorts on discount soon
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#19 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:00 pm

I'm very excited to watch Nesmith become a full-time starter in 3 years when Brad finally is forced to play him due to injuries or FA losses and we get to see what we could have been getting all along. Of course all the people who have written Nesmith off will praise Brad for his ability to develop young talent.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,731

Post#20 » by BK_2020 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:06 pm

I'm looking forward to Karl-Anthony Towns joining us for the next season's basketball games.

Return to Boston Celtics