ImageImageImageImageImage

Post March Madness updated Mock Draft

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Re: Post March Madness updated Mock Draft 

Post#21 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:28 pm

Smalltown wrote:Ignoring the first for a moment. My gut is telling me we use our two 2nds to either draft or trade up to draft Charles Bassey. We've been scouting him hard and he just seems like a "Raptors player".

I don't think anyone scouted Maledon harder than the Raptors. Bassey is the smokescreen. :reporter:

Queta is the target, rich man's Bebe.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,705

Post#22 » by Kurtz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:30 pm

Psubs wrote:
Kurtz wrote:Franz Wagner at 9...does anyone see star potential with this guy? I don't see anything special there.

Elite role player. At minimum Matt Harpring with playmaking. Poor man's Gordon Hayward? More defense, less offense?

Shane Battier. He's a decent get in the teens.

Michigan was a good defensive team and arguably he was their best defender. Not flashy, just does things right.

Yeah, I mean in the 20's I can see the appeal. Good length, can shoot the 3 off the dribble, doesn't mind shooting it from the top, seems unselfish, has a decent eurostep.

But he also has little explosiveness, mediocre midrange game, doesn't seem very creative, not very quick. I can definitely see him as a rotation player - but if we're picking 9th I want someone with a higher ceiling.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#23 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:31 pm

720 wrote:We better not be picking 11th. :censored:

Ya that makes me mad. What do you have to do to score decent draft pick these days?
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,587

Post#24 » by Bruin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:31 pm

Psubs wrote:
Kurtz wrote:Franz Wagner at 9...does anyone see star potential with this guy? I don't see anything special there.

Elite role player. At minimum Matt Harpring with playmaking. Poor man's Gordon Hayward? More defense, less offense?

Shane Battier. He's a decent get in the teens.

Michigan was a good defensive team and arguably he was their best defender. Not flashy, just does things right.

If he really projects as an elite role player then I’m not interested. Why tank just 1 season for a top 10 pick to end up with a role player that we’ve been consistently getting through later picks. We need to hit a home run in this draft to make all this worthwhile
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 448

Post#25 » by Smalltown » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:31 pm

Psubs wrote:
Smalltown wrote:Ignoring the first for a moment. My gut is telling me we use our two 2nds to either draft or trade up to draft Charles Bassey. We've been scouting him hard and he just seems like a "Raptors player".

I don't think anyone scouted Maledon harder than the Raptors. Bassey is the smokescreen. :reporter:

I wouldn't be disappointed in Neemias. But i just think Bassey is a bit more versatile defensively.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#26 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:49 pm

Only players I like after the top 5 are Zaire Williams and Kai Jones & James Bouknight

Moody doesn't have the separation ability we need to be a iso scorer

Barnes doesn't have any sort of jumper to take his game to next level

Franz wagner sucks to me, noteven a knock down shooter right now

I don't want anyone shorter than 6'6 at the SG height and that's the only position I want us to draft, or a C

I haven't looked into Springer or Johnson yet

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Psubs
RealGM

Post#27 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:57 pm

Smalltown wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I wouldn't be disappointed in Neemias. But i just think Bassey is a bit more versatile defensively.

Sure but Quetawon his conference DPOY and is a national finalist for DPOY. Queta is more versatile offensively with his passing.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#28 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:02 pm

this sengun kids looks phenominal, wow

i would out him in my likes outside the top five with bouknight and zaire
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#29 » by bon » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:07 pm

I like Davion but at #7? That's not a guy you take there
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,337

Post#30 » by alpngso » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:15 pm

man it’d be so amazing to get a top 5 pick but slim chances
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 448

Post#31 » by Smalltown » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:18 pm

Psubs wrote:Queta is more versatile offensively with his passing.

I think this is debatable. Bassey is a better shooter which lets you spread the floor a bit more. He can also create his own shot better.
Grew
Rookie
And1: 1,757

Post#32 » by Grew » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:34 pm

I'd rather take Juzang over some of these guys 6-15. Is he just not on this because he hasn't declared yet?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#33 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:13 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:this sengun kids looks phenominal, wow

i would out him in my likes outside the top five with bouknight and zaire

Like a mini Kevin Love without the 3pt shooting.

More likely Junacho Hernangomez. Actually more lift and power like Willy. I suspect Sengun to have a larger wingspan which offsets Willy's 6'11 height.

Psubs
RealGM

Post#34 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:29 pm

Grew wrote:I'd rather take Juzang over some of these guys 6-15. Is he just not on this because he hasn't declared yet?

I see him in the 2nd round. His offense is great his defense is alright.

https://247sports.com/Article/Johnny-Juzang-NBA-Draft-UCLA-Bruins-basketball-first-round-Houston-Rockets-declare-163860820/
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2021-nba-mock-draft-3-0-cade-cunningham-goes-no-1-to-houston-rockets-davion-mitchell-taken-in-top-10/

Easily a better prospect than Brandon Boston (who should be a 2nd rounder at best if he declares). Possibly on par with Josh Christopher late 1st round.

I think he's at least an Alec Burks.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#35 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:29 pm

if this kid can defend from the C spot its a no brainer pick, whats sunguns wingspan?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#36 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:04 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:if this kid can defend from the C spot its a no brainer pick, whats sunguns wingspan?

Hmmmm, he's 6'10 now. Kevin Love size?

Petrusev is 6'11 but 2 years older than Sengun, though shoots the Euro 3 over 40%. Both are dominating lower tier Euro leagues.

I would say pass on bigs unless in the top 5 like Mobley. Take BPA, then with the 2nd rounders take a big that falls.

Look at how amazing Oturu, Jalen Smith, Vernon Carey and Reggie Perry looked last year.

Simonovic was taken #44 last year and a teammate of Petrusev and Petrusev is a better scorer.

Paul Reed is listed at 6'10 now?!?!?! He was taken #58. Let's just get him for Lowry. :D

PF Siakam - Boucher - Yuta
C Birch - Reed/Petrusev
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#37 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:30 pm

alienchild wrote:
Read on Twitter

This mock still has Kispert at 9. Also, why the hate in dropping us to 11. ESPN completely sucks.
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#38 » by Par36 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:43 pm

Let's focus on the tank.

Evan Mobley please and thank you.
KillaSham23
Junior
And1: 250

Post#39 » by KillaSham23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:03 pm

I take Garza 2nd round no doubt, worth the roll of the dice. Trade both 2nds to move up?
TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,762

Post#40 » by TrustFundBaby » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:59 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:
From what I've seen, that seems like a lazy comparison (I assume because they're both Turkish). Sengun looks more mobile and skilled, and shows better instincts defensively than Kanter did at the same age e.g. step back 3s, dribbling full court and dropping a dime, weak side blocks.

His feel for the game for an 18 year old is ridiculous, look at his passing instincts, guy truly is a savant, but NBA teams will always overate Euro athletes like Hezonja and Avdija, even tho they are total scrubs, instead of drafting actual basketball player. 2 Best Euros right now are mostly below the rim guys in Jokic and Luka, and people loved to say how Luka is too slow for the NBA ha.

If we can't move up into the top 5 then this guy is who I want.

In 2016 I was anti Sabonis at #9 ( I wanted Chriss/Skal like all the other clowns on here) because I felt his measurements and length were unimpressive. I thought the Trex arms would make him bust but he became an all star. Plus we had Val so I didn't want another C

I learned my lesson, having innate skills like instincts and IQ guarantee you a solid floor, so I'd take him with our pick at #8 if he's there and Kuminga is gone

Return to Toronto Raptors