ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Kevin Durant beef with Michael Rapaport

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Re: OT - Kevin Durant beef with Michael Rapaport 

Post#121 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:46 am

KD judging cum drinking styles now? Ok, easymoneysipper
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#122 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:58 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
So basically being a racist owner gets you banned from the league (Sterling), being anti Semitic ends your career (Leonard), but homophobic superstars get off?

Sterling was an outright racist and openly hostile to his employees, Myers Leonard flat out said an anti semetic slur in public. Durant said some insults that’s heavily open to interpretation as homophobic in private. There’s levels to this ****

What? Sterling’s call with his girl was private. Leonard was playing games in private.

What are you taking about?

Anyways just as Sterling and Leonard deserved their punishment, so too does Durant. Lost in all this is he threatened to assault the guy which is...a crime...

Bro Sterling was a lot more racist than just that one incident. Myers Leonard was live streaming as well that’s not private genius. This is a stretch to say that Durant should receive any type of punishment. I mean Westbrook literally threatened to beat a fans ass and his wife’s, granted it was after the fan made a racial slur but stop trying to pretend that this is on the same level as Sterling or Leonard
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#123 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:12 am

Pointgod wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Sterling was an outright racist and openly hostile to his employees, Myers Leonard flat out said an anti semetic slur in public. Durant said some insults that’s heavily open to interpretation as homophobic in private. There’s levels to this ****

What? Sterling’s call with his girl was private. Leonard was playing games in private.

Anyways just as Sterling and Leonard deserved their punishment, so too does Durant. Lost in all this is he threatened to assault the guy which is...a crime...

Bro Sterling was a lot more racist than just that one incident. Myers Leonard was live streaming as well that’s not private genius. This is a stretch to say that Durant should receive any type of punishment. I mean Westbrook literally threatened to beat a fans ass and his wife’s, granted it was after the fan made a racial slur but stop trying to pretend that this is on the same level as Sterling or Leonard

Uh, Sterling was ousted purely based on that private phone call, not his other actions. Stop picking and choosing your points.

And so what if it’s private? So a guy can make racist, sexist, homophobic comments, etc in private and it’s OK?

What about beating their partner? It’s ok if it’s private?

KD was an idiot (again) and got outted. He should pay a price.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#124 » by Scott Hall » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:46 am

Read on Twitter
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,006

Post#125 » by kalel123 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 3:40 pm

Disgusted by the double-standard inconsequential slap on the wrist fine handed to Durant.

Especially considering the non-apology following the words he used. At least suspend him for some games without pay. He's already not playing due to injury but at least, it'll hurt his wallet.

Doesn't really matter if it was private or not if the guy is knowingly leaving things in writing.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,626

Post#126 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:31 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

Uh, Sterling was ousted purely based on that private phone call, not his other actions. Stop picking and choosing your points.

And so what if it’s private? So a guy can make racist, sexist, homophobic comments, etc in private and it’s OK?

What about beating their partner? It’s ok if it’s private?

KD was an idiot (again) and got outted. He should pay a price.

With Sterling, the leaked phone call was just the straw that broke the camels back. That came out and then there was a whole lot of “hey, wait a second, this guy has sucked for decades”, relitigating a bunch of older stuff, the crap about him parading women through the locker room to ogle the players etc etc etc.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Post#127 » by Preliudas » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:51 pm

kalel123 wrote:Disgusted by the double-standard inconsequential slap on the wrist fine handed to Durant.

Especially considering the non-apology following the words he used. At least suspend him for some games without pay. He's already not playing due to injury but at least, it'll hurt his wallet.

Doesn't really matter if it was private or not if the guy is knowingly leaving things in writing.

Agreed.
It looks like he didn't apologize for the fact that he wrote and sent these messages, he apologized that those message got out to public. Smh
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,617

Post#128 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:07 pm

If KD said what Leonard said he'd have gotten less penalty than Miles did. If Miles Leonard said what KD said, he'd have gotten more. Leonard's career may be over even though as the heat said he's been meeting Rabbi's and holocaust survivors to make amends and educate himself. KD makes a lukewarm apology and he's all good to go. Hypocrisy, double standard
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#129 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:18 pm

NBA is pathetic. Imagine the outrage if the shoe was on the other foot. NBA players didn’t even criticize KD for what he did.

I wouldn’t mind if the NBA was unapologetic about its desire to maximize revenues. What’s frustrating is they stand for social justice issues selectively and conveniently.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,617

Post#130 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:02 pm

Two games ago KD wearing a Jackie Robinson t-shirt on the sidelines, virtue signalling what a great guy he must be. Then at last night's game his mother is in a floor seat, and the Nets announcers are gushing all over that. I didn't watch all of it but I bet the recent controversy was never mentioned.

Such hypocrisy, the PR machinery in action. Contrast to how Myles Leonard's career may well be buried despite whatever efforts he makes to atone
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#131 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:42 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Two games ago KD wearing a Jackie Robinson t-shirt on the sidelines, virtue signalling what a great guy he must be. Then at last night's game his mother is in a floor seat, and the Nets announcers are gushing all over that. I didn't watch all of it but I bet the recent controversy was never mentioned.

Such hypocrisy, the PR machinery in action. Contrast to how Myles Leonard's career may well be buried despite whatever efforts he makes to atone
One guy is Kevin Durant. The other is Myers Leonard lmao. Silly comparison.

S/O to TZ!
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#132 » by Inklink » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:11 pm

He got off way too easy by the NBA and frankly the media as well. Particularly the ones on major US networks that huff and puff and shake their heads about double standards at 9PM every night. I don't think it's that the NBA is allowing this group to be targeted, rather, they are letting KD off the hook because of who he is.

I haven't seen, did other players publicly comment on this?
For lease.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,452

Post#133 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:21 pm

It's hard to know what the right punishment should be for something like this, but I feel that the NBA should have at least insisted on a legitimate apology. "I'm sorry that people saw me say that" is not the same thing as "I'm sorry I said that".
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#134 » by mademan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:25 pm

He got off too easy? Gawd you guys are weird. He got into a spit roast with some dude online. On a societal level, people dont care any where near as much about gay jokes as they do black jokes or jew jokes because, shocker, even tho LGBT individuals were forced into hiding for much of modern history, they werent enslaved en masse or nearly exterminated systematically. Which is why race insults or antisemetic insults will get a much larger response.
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#135 » by kj_ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:17 pm

mademan wrote:He got off too easy? Gawd you guys are weird. He got into a spit roast with some dude online. On a societal level, people dont care any where near as much about gay jokes as they do black jokes or jew jokes because, shocker, even tho LGBT individuals were forced into hiding for much of modern history, they werent enslaved en masse or nearly exterminated systematically. Which is why race insults or antisemetic insults will get a much larger response.

Is it illegal to be black in many countries in the world punishable by death?

It’s shouldn’t be a contest to see who has suffered more therefore protected more. How about the goal be to eliminate hate speech for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,575

Post#136 » by mdenny » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:23 pm

I cannot respect a grown man who "reports" to the world what happened in a private conversation.

We are experiencing some sort of "tattletale" culture that I find unbecoming. Have some dignity and grace. Don't seek joy in other's pain.

If someone said something to me privately that I presume would be offensive to others....by "reporting" it to others....I am also participating in their offense/hurt feelings.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Post#137 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:34 pm

Maybe he got a lighter fine because although it was vulgar language, you probably can't consider anything he said a slur.

I was probably most disturbed at the spitting threat, especially in the age of covid .
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#138 » by TorontoRapsFan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:02 pm

mdenny wrote:I cannot respect a grown man who "reports" to the world what happened in a private conversation.

We are experiencing some sort of "tattletale" culture that I find unbecoming. Have some dignity and grace. Don't seek joy in other's pain.

If someone said something to me privately that I presume would be offensive to others....by "reporting" it to others....I am also participating in their offense/hurt feelings.

WTF? conversations between two people in their private lives doesn't have some oath of confidentiality to it. You act like a moron and I can easily say "hey, this idiot said these moronic things". What you think you can say whatever in private and expect the other person to keep it some secret? We aren't talking about the guy sharing some secret info about KD's life. I've gotta say, it's pretty sad reading your comments about tattletale culture and what you respect.

Anyways, KD's remarks about helping Brooklyn neightbourhood should have made everyone with ears recognize what kind of person he is. Just another entitled prick. I didn't think he was that bad. Athletes, especially when minority members, even when they're a**hats, still tend to feel personal responsibility as some kind of community contributor. This guy doesn't have it. And it's a shame.

And then there is his reply to it all, this guy's fake. Probably why he's so thin skinned when it's come to public comments.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#139 » by bakafool » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:10 pm

This was a private exchange and Rapaport makes it public? Heh.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
Martin1465
Junior
And1: 243

Post#140 » by Martin1465 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:53 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's a real sincere apology.....

"It must have been two in the morning when we got to Detroit, 'cause nothing was open but hospitals, jails, and legs." Jalen Rose

Return to Toronto Raptors