ImageImageImage

The "All Sunshine and Rainbows" thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Re: The "All Sunshine and Rainbows" thread 

Post#21 » by Ernest » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:19 pm

For those keeping score it is:

Positive posts: 8 Negative posts: 9
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,950

Post#22 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:21 pm

Jaylen has turned into more of an offensive threat than I ever thought he would be and has flashed some ability to see the floor that I didn't see coming at all. I liked him anyway for who I thought he was, a good defender and a great player in transition but I never thought he'd consistently be hitting around 40% from 3 or develop the handle he has been showing.

Rob has a ways to go but has shown in flashes that he can not only play but be a key contributor. Awesome pick, much like his late round cohort Pritchard who has been a good rotation player as a rookie. These guys might not ever be all stars but they are gems for where they were picked.

Smart survived the trade deadline.

I'm also happy that I got to see Tacko play minutes in a meaningful game and it wasn't a car wreck.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#23 » by Ernest » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:43 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
I'm also happy that I got to see Tacko play minutes in a meaningful game and it wasn't a car wreck.

Yeah, why was Embiid not posting up Tako? I figured Tako would get destroyed but Embiid just shot the ball over him every time. Any theories on that? I don't buy for a second that he couldn't have mussled his way to a dunk every time. Granted it was a blow out-kind of- and Embiid was hitting his shots- but it didn't make sense to me at all.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,795

Post#24 » by 31to6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:44 pm

The comments about Teague no longer being here and Tatum’s sub looking okay had me rolling.

Let’s add: Abby is still here, and Pierce is no longer on ESPN. PARTY!!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,009

Post#25 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:47 pm

BK_2020 wrote:I'm looking forward to Karl-Anthony Towns joining us for the next season's basketball games.

I highly doubt Minnesota trades him.

Why would they trade their franchise player who's literally entering the prime of his career right now? What, are they gonna trade him for Brown, so then their 2 best players (Brown and Edwards) play the same position? Makes no sense. I've talked to Twolves fans who say they would not trade Towns for Brown straight up.

Are you thinking we land Towns without giving up Brown? I just don't see it happening.

Minnesota is going to get a top 3 pick this year and they're going to build around Towns/Edwards/Draft Pick.

If they trade anyone, it would be 1 of their 3 point guards since they don't need all 3 of them (Rubio, Beasley, Russell)

I'd like to get Towns, but is it realistic to get him without giving up Brown? I don't think so. And if we get Towns, what does that mean for Time Lord? Isn't he our center of the future? Time Lord is better in all advanced metrics, is 2 years younger his contract is a fraction of the cost. You get Towns, you'r probably trading Time Lord. I mean, I would do that trade straight up, but I highly doubt Minnesota would. Plus, Time Lord (although shaky at times) is still a much better defender than Towns..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#26 » by 2Mas » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:07 pm

Being positive ...

- Our starting 5 is good. + PP, Fournier & Tristan off the bench. We have a solid 8.
- Romeo has brought some much needed energy. I've been impressed. He looks like he'll stick in the rotatin. So we really have 9 guys. & the 10th we can spot for whoever got the best matchup.

- Time Lord has had a rough week, but he's been great. Romeo been intriguing. & we got 2 young 25ppg scrorers who can shoot & lock up.
- We're alright. Our lineup definitely needs some tweaking, but I can see us getting it together a bit & getting to the semi's.

We don't need to fire a good coach (although he has flaws)
we don't need to fire a good gm (again he has flaws)

We're in much better shape than ppl wanna admit.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:10 pm

Ernest wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:

Yeah, why was Embiid not posting up Tako? I figured Tako would get destroyed but Embiid just shot the ball over him every time. Any theories on that? I don't buy for a second that he couldn't have mussled his way to a dunk every time. Granted it was a blow out-kind of- and Embiid was hitting his shots- but it didn't make sense to me at all.

Same. Maybe it was just shock at seeing a 7'5 guy that weighed 300lb? I know that's not the case but I don't have anything else other than Tacko really didn't close on his midrange very well and it's looking kind of automatic these days.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,009

Post#28 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:10 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I look forward to a little R&R for the rest of the season, and by that, I mean Robert Williams and Romeo Langford.

Here are some other things that I’ve been happy about:

- Jeff Teague is no longer on the team
- hopeful that we can sign Fournier to a reasonable contract (ie at or below $20 million/year)
- Yam Madar has been impressive overseas. Hopefully he comes to play in the league next year.
- I saw Kemba do a step back jumper for the first time all season. Hopefully his knee is getting stronger.
- our city uniforms are pretty cool, and I hope I can get a pair of shorts on discount soon

Yes!

I think I know the step back jumper you're talking about, it was an awesome move and that play got me pumped too. When Kemba is good, he is good. Between that play, that really strong take and and-1 finish through contact he had (it was either the Dall game or New Orleans) and that sick kick out pass he made vs Charlotte with 3 defenders on him, perfect pass right on the money to wide open Brown for a 3..all were vintage Kemba. We just need that more consistently. And his defense I feel like lately hasn't been as bad too.

Also, agreed about Madar. I watched about of his footage yesterday. I like what I see. Lots of people making comparisons to Tony Parker. Madar already seems to be a better defender than Parker and slightly. better shooter than Parker was when Parker was 20. Obviously Madar isn't as quick off the dribble and doesn't quite have the insane handle/shifty moves with the ball in the open court and getting to the rim that parker had but a) IDK if any player ever was as crafty/shifty with the ball, especially with his corkscrew/spin moves and b) Those moves Parker made, all those highlight reel plays - most of that came once he really became a star in 2004-2005, when he was 22. Madar is only 20. That 2 years makes a difference, who knows how much better Madar will be in 2 years. Look, I'm not saying he'll be as good as Parker. But he can be close, especially since he's already clearly a better defender and a slightly better shooter than parker was at that age. Plus, Madar is 1 inch taller than Parker. Parker is almost certainly going to be a hall of famer. If Madar can even be close to as good, then the Celtics are in really good shape with him, and it could turn out to be a huge steal by Ainge drafting him. Parker came into the league at age 19. Madar is age 20 now. I say we bring him over here this summer, see what he can do in summer league and training camp, and let him fight for minutes next season. Question is can he handle the better level of competition in the NBA. I think he'll be ok - he's been playing in one of the 5 best leagues in europe - head and shoulders above NCAA competition. Madar is much quicker/more explosive/more athletic than Pritchard, 2 inches taller than Pritchard, 3 years younger, much better defender, just as scrappy and nearly just as good of a shooter.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#29 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:44 pm

I also absolutely love Pritchard. If we could somehow consolidate our 1 million guards, and have that coincide with Pritchard taking the next step in his development, I think that could be huge for us.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#30 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:40 pm

Ernest wrote:For those keeping score it is:

Positive posts: 8 Negative posts: 9

It's like we missed the point of the thread!
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#31 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:05 pm

This season is a "success" if they know what they have in both Williamses, Langford, Pritchard and if one of Edwards/Waters is an eventual top-8 rotation piece.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#32 » by jmr07019 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:15 pm

I’m hyped on Time Lord and look forward to watching him every game. Also a big fan of Pritchard.

However the thing we all consistently overlook is how ducking good Jayson Tatum is. 25/7/4/1. BEAST. Still getting better. Big things in Tatum’s future.
Show Love Spread Love
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,921

Post#33 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:41 pm

I got to take a huge dump after three days of nothing coming out of my poophole. Was worried for a while there that something was wrong with me. Go Celtics!
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#34 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:59 pm

We've won three of four! We're on a 55 win pace with Romeo back (2 out of 3)! Get the banners ready!
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,531

Post#35 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:30 am

In no particular order:
-- Brown has awesome potential.
-- Rob Williams has awesome potential.
-- Tatum has more potential than that.
-- There seems to be little personality conflict on the team, despite all the adversity.
-- Langford, Pritchard and Nesmith are all inclined to fly around the court.
-- Guys who've shown at least a little inclination to pass from inside the 3-pt line include Tatum, Brown, Walker, Smart, and Time Lord.
-- Guys with significant talent at moving to shoot 3s include the Jays, Kemba, Fournier and Pritchard.
-- Other concerns about their play notwithstanding, a variety of centers and forwards are threats to hit at least standstill 3s.

And finally, rebounding has consistently -- or at least commonly -- been good. Guys even block out sometimes.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#36 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:31 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:I got to take a huge dump after three days of nothing coming out of my poophole. Was worried for a while there that something was wrong with me. Go Celtics!

Poop
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,921

Post#37 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:47 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:I got to take a huge dump after three days of nothing coming out of my poophole. Was worried for a while there that something was wrong with me. Go Celtics!

Poop

Thank you for this personal.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#38 » by djFan71 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:51 am

We made deadline moves and added a good piece in Fournier, possibly a long-term one, without using a first round pick.
We may or may not have a decent prospect in Kornet or Wagner.
We reset the repeater tax
This looks like a good draft (but don't debate me on this, I haven't started looking).
Most contenders don't have young guys or future firsts to trade for the next star. We do.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#39 » by greenroom31 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:48 am

Let me count our blessings:

- Timelord and Jaylen took big steps forward
- Pritchard looks like a rotational player on a good team
- Romeo is alive!
- Tatum is still young and learning to create more for others
- Nesmith in theory could be pretty good? Or at least there’s been insufficient evidence to prove otherwise?
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:58 am

Return to Boston Celtics