ImageImageImage

Around the League: Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,340

Re: Around the League: Trade deadline and beyond! 

Post#101 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

The steph curry i loved 6 years ago. Man.. i hope he asks to be trade to our team and GSW not waste his prime. I speak it into existence

He's 32 years old. He has won 3 championships in his actual prime. I don't think anything has been "wasted".

Im talking about not wasting the next 3 year by hoping he can play for us in the next 3 years :D

He’s be perfect for Ben and Biid.

But its ok, just wishful thinking
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#102 » by Negrodamus » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:07 pm

76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

The steph curry i loved 6 years ago. Man.. i hope he asks to be trade to our team and GSW not waste his prime. I speak it into existence

He's 32 years old. He has won 3 championships in his actual prime. I don't think anything has been "wasted".

Im talking about not wasting the next 3 year by hoping he can play for us in the next 3 years :D

I'm with you, bro. I hope we can get the greatest shooter of all time to team up with Embiid too. Just don't known how that happens WITH Joel and Ben. Even trading Ben probably doesn't get you Curry. And I'm sure Curry has no plans to ever leave GSW. They literally put the greatest team of all time around him for all of his prime. He kind of owes them one.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#103 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:42 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I'm with you, bro. I hope we can get the greatest shooter of all time to team up with Embiid too. Just don't known how that happens WITH Joel and Ben. Even trading Ben probably doesn't get you Curry. And I'm sure Curry has no plans to ever leave GSW. They literally put the greatest team of all time around him for all of his prime. He kind of owes them one.

Our best chance is for Seth to recruit Steph. :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#104 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:23 pm

Stanford wrote:Paul Pierce is terrible on TV but cooommmeee onnnn

I never liked Pierce growing up, mostly for being a Celtic and then later on because of his awful commentating and takes (claimed he had a better career than D-Wade lol), but this whole Instagram ordeal made me like him more. Would love to party with the guy.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#105 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:41 am

Nets and Blazers are basically tied with the first place at 11.7 possessions at 1.04-1.06ppp on isolations

Our counter is our post-ups. Which we run almost 11possessions per game at 1.03ppp.

Nets can be much better on their isolations and is currently underperforming IMO.

Obvious same story if we face the Nets. A game of post ups vs isolations, which we may have a chance (i say its 50-50 to 60-40) to exchange baskets with them given our proficiency in scoring with post plays and our defense.

But if Nets are able to make a jump on their ISOs, then this gap becomes big. And they have the talent to make that jump. On the other hand, i strongly believe we’re maxed out.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#106 » by VDT » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:07 am

We really need to get the first seed. Right now it looks like an easy path to ECF.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#107 » by LloydFree » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:21 am

VDT wrote:We really need to get the first seed. Right now it looks like an easy path to ECF.

I think Boston in the 1st round and Miami in the 2nd round will be just as treacherous as any 2-7 and 2-3 matchup the 76er could get.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
VDT
Analyst

Post#108 » by VDT » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:02 pm

LloydFree wrote:
VDT wrote:We really need to get the first seed. Right now it looks like an easy path to ECF.

I think Boston in the 1st round and Miami in the 2nd round will be just as treacherous as any 2-7 and 2-3 matchup the 76er could get.

I dont mind Miami, they dont have the size to bother Embiid, and now with Oladipo injured again they have even less upside. Not that he is playing good, but there was the hope that he could have some good games in the playoffs. They are a mediocre team that doesnt match up well with us imo.

Boston is anyone's guess what seed they will end up. They are 7th right now so we dont face them assuming the standings stay the same. I think it is likely that Miami and Boston will end up as the 4th and 5th seeds so they will play each other. In any case i dont think they will be in the play in tournament, as i dont expect Charlotte to keep their current 4th place.

I just dont like the matchup with the Bucks as both teams will pack the paint and it will end up a jump shooting contest making the outcome very luck dependent. At the same time i would like to see the Bucks and the Nets battle it out in the second round. They match up decently with Nets, at least defensively, and might wear them down a bit before we meet them.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#109 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:03 pm

Whelp Clippers just got their PG in Rondo. Serious darkhorse if the Lakers aren’t 100%

Could very well see Clippers vs Bucks in the Finals

Nets/Lakers have big health issues
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#110 » by zaz102 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:10 pm

VDT wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

I dont mind Miami, they dont have the size to bother Embiid, and now with Oladipo injured again they have even less upside. Not that he is playing good, but there was the hope that he could have some good games in the playoffs. They are a mediocre team that doesnt match up well with us imo.

Boston is anyone's guess what seed they will end up. They are 7th right now so we dont face them assuming the standings stay the same. I think it is likely that Miami and Boston will end up as the 4th and 5th seeds so they will play each other. In any case i dont think they will be in the play in tournament, as i dont expect Charlotte to keep their current 4th place.

I just dont like the matchup with the Bucks as both teams will pack the paint and it will end up a jump shooting contest making the outcome very luck dependent. At the same time i would like to see the Bucks and the Nets battle it out in the second round. They match up decently with Nets, at least defensively, and might wear them down a bit before we meet them.
Boston looks cooked. The only teams I think the Sixers can lose to in the East in a 7 game series are Brooklyn and Milwaukee.

#1 seed would make it so you only have to play one of them so I think it's critical to have a chance at the Finals.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#111 » by LloydFree » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:15 pm

VDT wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Milwaukee is the tougher opponent on paper. But unless J'rue Holliday goes off, like he did against Portland a couple years ago, and PJ Tucker inserts something that he hasn't shown all season, they aren't winning. The coach can't make adjustments and Giannis can be shut down at the end of games.

Miami has a coach that makes adjustments game to game and within games. Plus they have the deepest roster in the East, with nothing but players who have played deep into the playoffs. They can devise a Defense to slow Embiid enough to stay in games and they have enough perimeter defenders to run Green and especially Curry, off the 3 point line in the playoffs. Miami is a team that you don't want in the playoffs.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
VDT
Analyst

Post#112 » by VDT » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:30 pm

LloydFree wrote:
VDT wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I think Boston in the 1st round and Miami in the 2nd round will be just as treacherous as any 2-7 and 2-3 matchup the 76er could get.

Milwaukee is the tougher opponent on paper. But unless J'rue Holliday goes off, like he did against Portland a couple years ago, and PJ Tucker inserts something that he hasn't shown all season, they aren't winning. The coach can't make adjustments and Giannis can be shut down at the end of games.

Miami has a coach that makes adjustments game to game and within games. Plus they have the deepest roster in the East, with nothing but players who have played deep into the playoffs. They can devise a Defense to slow Embiid enough to stay in games and they have enough perimeter defenders to run Green and especially Curry, off the 3 point line in the playoffs. Miami is a team that you don't want in the playoffs.

Miami gets overrated because of the bubble performance. Before and after that they have been nothing but mediocre. I dont really think they match up well with us. Defensively, they are more build to contain teams that run pnr a lot by putting Bam at center. That doesnt impact our offense. If anything their lack of size helps us. They dont even have a stretch 5, so Embiid will stay in the paint all day. Their perimeter defenders are either gone (Crowder) or are further declined due to age. Same for Dragic who run the offense a lot. Offensively they are very anemic, i dont see how they will score on us unless their shooters all get hot during the series. They dont even have a lot of players with years of playoff experience and Butler is the only one still in his prime. Iguodala is 37, Dragic is 34, Ariza is 35. Then they have a bunch of young guys.

The Bucks have limitations but their team this year is better and mentally more prepared. I expect them to play better than last year in the playoffs. They are also matching up well with us. They have a big body to throw at Embiid and have Giannis as help defender and someone to contain Harris/Simmons. Our offense is still a big questionmark imo and i am not sure how the team will react if they double Embiid, like the Raptors, and force the rest of the team to beat them.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#113 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter

God, wish we could bring back Thad this year.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#114 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:44 pm

Clips sign Malik Fitts. Great signing. He was going off in the G-League toward the end.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#115 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 am

Read on Twitter

Maybe the guy we should have been targeted in the deadline
76ciology
RealGM

Post#116 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:42 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

God, wish we could bring back Thad this year.

Thad was like the most hardest player to not like.

Like when bigs were scoring against his defense, i aint even mad.

Love Thad.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#117 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:15 am

Read on Twitter
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#118 » by DCasey91 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Lebron is a Genius once again (He’s the SMOAT by a margin).

Make no mistake at equilibrium Lakers are clear shoulders above the rest. Meaning that the Nets themselves showed their hand way beforehand and further exposed their weakenesses.

Both have durability issues but letting go of Allen was a mistake from the beginning of the season.

Last four championships have come from Durant’s own parity.

Think about it 2017 and 2018 it’s impossible for anyone to beat that team aside from injury (2016 GSW injuries, 2015 for Cavs, 2019 for GSW, 2020 Lakers no Durant).
Lebron had no reason to play in 2019 (in actuality because GSW was unbeatable essentially only got beaten through injury. Funny how it comes full circle).

The move to the Lakers with Davis was pre planned (Meaning Lebron is a step ahead of Durant because of the extra year preparing as Durant staying until 2019 then leaving).

Make no mistake it’s LBJ vs Durant on a grand scale.

They are both parity shifters (meaning whichever team either of them plays for has the highest chip equity, because Curry is loyal and won’t move.)

So Durant goes win Irving and Harden as Harden lost to a Durant/Curry led team and prior exp playing together. Irving wants his own legacy and beat the person who is the superior player fine all well and good. But what is the fault here?

Harden is the key for the Nets that’s very exploitable imo. He isn’t Curry and he isn’t in the same tier as Durant let alone James is. Harden/Irving/Harris/Durant/Jordan as a starting unit won’t work.

The key for the Lakers is Davis (Who is the decider if he’s fit it’s a chip)

LBJ, 3 extra ball handlers, Shooters, Defenders, and three big men when the Nets can’t stop one.

Clashing philosophies where there’s really only one winner. Durant has only ever beaten LBJ when he didn’t stack the deck he straight rigged it (GSW) and only two chips as a result.

This year heads up it (meaning everybody is fit) will be 2-2 (Durant’s two won’t mean much as time goes on).

Lebron has the Nets dead in the water. It’s a brilliant strategy and if it pays off (his equity is higher then Durant’s which means his probability his higher but in sports terms that’s about as best of an advantage as your likely to get).

Gasol/Drummond/Davis

I actually think he is aiming at Giannis more than anything else. He’s a jumpshot away from being the actual best player in the league.

He’ll have two quote/unquote greatest finals wins ever even if the 2016 one was marred (so was 2015).

I mean an 18 yr with no high lvl tutelage is now 36 and has ran the league for over a decade. I know there MJ/KAJ as goat canditates but they had an upbringing into this. Lebron is like Marvel’s MF DOOM, or DC’s Batman, give them prep time it’s over or at least finals bound.)

The man must of studied and read art of war religiously after 2011. That’s a decade ago now... a decade.

Durant broke parity thus basically destroying ones own legacy. He has top ten all time talent but he is nowhere near sound enough between the ears.

LBJ has such high leverage
He loses he’s old
Durant/Harden/Irving even though flawed that will be the narrative if they win will be more bad than good
So essentially speaking whatever they do (win/lose) it isn’t full optimal as game theory would suggest.
He wins it’s a bulletproof I am in my own tier altogether.
Extremely calculated and downright genius.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#119 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:38 pm

The real genius in Lebron is creating klutch sports and playing puppet master.

LeBron can be the MVP whenever he wants. The player agent-media relation is strong. And media control the votes. He just wont go blatant about this because it will blow the entire cover.

You wont hear anyone saying bad things about LeBron. ESPN is notorious of being a homer for LeBron.

He can even sacrifice some salaries just for other guys to play for his team where he earns a part of their salary by commission. Thus, he can get the best talents for his team. Who knows, maybe the Lakers is paying money off the table to Drummond via Klutch by some other means like money laundering.

He also knows the inside scoops of teams and players.

All these aside from being a genius on the court and other aspects like team building and so forth. He has been his team’s best player, team’s coach and team’s GM almost his entire career.

This for me is why he is the GOAT. Specially if he gets the support of Lakers nation.

And once he retires, he has his grasp over the league for decades to come.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#120 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Philadelphia 76ers