Post#181 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:13 pm

m2002brian wrote:

Rubio had 0 ZERO turnovers.
Soooooo... yeah.

Edit:
Rubio +7
Jmac -10
DLo -3

I beg to differ from the record keeper. I don't know what they classify or don't with turnovers to individuals but I saw him involved with a couple at minimum.

Rubio must have had one of his best games man...+7. Boy I must have snoozed through all his great play.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Re: *** Wolves @ Pacers - Wednesday Night - 6pm CT FSN *** 

Post#182 » by ChiefKeith91 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Some bright spots in yesterday’s game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#183 » by Heimdal » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:16 pm

Jedzz wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:Rubio getting owned by ti mcconnel. Lmao

Undrafted. Of course.

There you have it. All of his 19 points and 15 assists. Rubio's fault huh? I'm not bothering anymore. Waste of my time.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#184 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:47 am

ChiefKeith91 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Every year he is showing someting else he can successfully do. Imagine all the years spent watching Wiggins try. Here Towns could have just said, move over. Those feet are mov'n.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,085

Post#185 » by m2002brian » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:50 am

Jedzz wrote:
m2002brian wrote:

Rubio had 0 ZERO turnovers.
Soooooo... yeah.

Edit:
Rubio +7
Jmac -10
DLo -3

I beg to differ from the record keeper. I don't know what they classify or don't with turnovers to individuals but I saw him involved with a couple at minimum.

Rubio must have had one of his best games man...+7. Boy I must have snoozed through all his great play.

Yeah, but you were fully awake for that thrilling -3 by DLo. Lol
BLUEGREENRED
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#186 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:55 am

Rubio boys are on fire lmao
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,085

Post#187 » by m2002brian » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:01 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Rubio boys are on fire lmao

Rubio is mediocre at best.
The worst part about that though, is that his OVERALL game (offense PLUS defense) is still more than DLo or Jmac bring.

This team should have traded for Pat Beverly years ago. Kind of late now.

Competent offense, good passing, doesn’t need to be great, and above above average defense would be optimal.
BLUEGREENRED
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#188 » by Dewey » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:59 am

ChiefKeith91 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Some bright spots in yesterday’s game

Not to be snarky, but what assists are we seeing that any PG cant do? And that screen? Please. Wolves media is desperate
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#189 » by Nick K » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:46 am

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I see that Rubio is more polarizing than ever.

Once the Golden Boy who could do no wrong... now he's "trash" and directly responsible for a Wolves team falling down by 20+ points to a mediocre team without 4 of its top 5 players.

Truth is... Rubio isn't as bad as some people here are claiming. For example... the TO stuff. He wasn't THE reason the Wolves lost. But his weaknesses are pretty obvious, and his ceiling is pretty limited, and it's frustrating not knowing exactly why the Wolves are SOOO BAD every year.

And the truth is... Rubio just isn't good enough. He's not trash, but he isn't playing well either. And he was never as good as many of his biggest fans would have had us believe.

I get why the online community needs a whipping boy in times like these. But the truth is somewhere in the middle when it comes to Ricky Rubio.

That is the truth as I see it.

i love Ricky but he bever was the wonder boy. Fancy passes will only get you so far. He never really improved from year to year. That's a damn shame. I still love him as a 5 million dollar backup PG.

I want to see Ricky and Beasley off the bench with Reid and others.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by Nick K » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:52 am

winforlose wrote:
Foye wrote:Allowing the Pacers to score 140+ while 60% of their starters are out for the game.

I will never understand losses like this one.

If you watch it you will understand. Guys drove at will and got to the basket for what Jim Pete accurately called a layup line. Also note worthy that they shot way better from 3 then they normally shoot. Teams develop rhythm and confidence against us because we would much rather be playing offense than defense (Ant is a great example,) and they shoot well above their averages. Add to this a number of Wolves who are likely to miss open shots or simply lose the ball and the other team goes on runs. Those runs force us to battle back, and to our credit we often do. We cut a 21 point lead down to 3 end of game. The problem is it is hard to keep an NBA team from scoring in crunch time and we didn’t.

winforlose, your best post. Absolutely right on.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#191 » by Nick K » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:16 am

ChiefKeith91 wrote:Finch needs an entire off season to implement his defense strategy and bring in his own coaches (Sorry Vanterpool).

Also, I think Finch is playing Ant at PG, DLo at SG and KAT at PF to see if it’ll work and then make off season moves from there. Like drafting or trading for a PG or C to help out on perimeter and interior defense. We need someone like Bam or Myles Turner on the inside.

Yes! For 2 years I am less than impressed with Vanterpool. He's done nothing that I can see in any positive way. Maybe with covid they don't have any time to teach/drill much defense into these guys. Whatever the reason I'm overjoyed Rosas went outside the organization for Finch.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#192 » by PharmD » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:23 am

Nick K wrote:
ChiefKeith91 wrote:Finch needs an entire off season to implement his defense strategy and bring in his own coaches (Sorry Vanterpool).

Also, I think Finch is playing Ant at PG, DLo at SG and KAT at PF to see if it’ll work and then make off season moves from there. Like drafting or trading for a PG or C to help out on perimeter and interior defense. We need someone like Bam or Myles Turner on the inside.

Yes! For 2 years I am less than impressed with Vanterpool. He's done nothing that I can see in any positive way. Maybe with covid they don't have any time to teach/drill much defense into these guys. Whatever the reason I'm overjoyed Rosas went outside the organization for Finch.

Vanterpol is basically Ryan Saunders imo. His strength is in being the players' bff, not in being an Xs and Os guy or in being able to get guys to do stuff that they don't want to do.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#193 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:45 am

Heimdal wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Undrafted. Of course.

There you have it. All of his 19 points and 15 assists. Rubio's fault huh? I'm not bothering anymore. Waste of my time.

Damn JMac looks more lost than a new kid on his first day at school.

Its crazy that being the player who has won the most on this team, is a team player and has the highest IQ on the team, and is lavished with praise by his teammates - yet somehow a bunch of casuals **** on him cause he can't shoot. And because they don't understand the game.

The dudes not Jordan, he's not Chris Paul - he's like the dollar store version of CP3, but he isn't the main problem with this team or last nights game.

He's on the list of problems for sure but I wouldn't even say it's in the top10.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#194 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:26 am

Note30 wrote:
Heimdal wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Undrafted. Of course.

Damn JMac looks more lost than a new kid on his first day at school.

Its crazy that being the player who has won the most on this team, is a team player and has the highest IQ on the team, and is lavished with praise by his teammates - yet somehow a bunch of casuals **** on him cause he can't shoot. And because they don't understand the game.

The dudes not Jordan, he's not Chris Paul - he's like the dollar store version of CP3, but he isn't the main problem with this team or last nights game.

He's on the list of problems for sure but I wouldn't even say it's in the top10.

Note30 just called others a bunch of casuals :lol:

It's people posting like you, Heimdal, 2brian that drive others to point out his faults in the first place. The posts always start with the bobos crying out that everyone else is killing the team while Rubio is the only positive. It's not the other way around. This drives some of us to start telling you what Rubio is actually doing, not doing. Then the strawman arguments start flying..."he's not Jordan/CP/..., he's not the main problem..." Nobody ever said he was. :banghead:

He doesn't have the highest gameIQ on the team as you claim. It's just not a weakness of his like it is some others. He has the most experience on this team. He's got plenty of questionable decision moments for a hardened vet. He's just an all heart gamer with a marble that floats loose now and then.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#195 » by Foye » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:01 am

Nick K wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Foye wrote:Allowing the Pacers to score 140+ while 60% of their starters are out for the game.

I will never understand losses like this one.

If you watch it you will understand. Guys drove at will and got to the basket for what Jim Pete accurately called a layup line. Also note worthy that they shot way better from 3 then they normally shoot. Teams develop rhythm and confidence against us because we would much rather be playing offense than defense (Ant is a great example,) and they shoot well above their averages. Add to this a number of Wolves who are likely to miss open shots or simply lose the ball and the other team goes on runs. Those runs force us to battle back, and to our credit we often do. We cut a 21 point lead down to 3 end of game. The problem is it is hard to keep an NBA team from scoring in crunch time and we didn’t.

winforlose, your best post. Absolutely right on.

They need to get a rim protector. Been saying that for years.
Towns and Reid are just not getting their hands up frequently enough. And even worse, neither of them even understand in which position they should be to protect the rim.

A rim protector will already solve quite a lot of the defensive woes. Everytime this is mentioned on here, though, someone will argue that Wolves already have Towns and it is not worth to spend assets on another C and they need to sign a PF. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trading for undersized PFs like Aaron Gordon tends to be the board consensus what should be done because it appears that there is a hole at the PF spot. It's like a rat race. Already had Covington and figured you don't need him. Why invest assets in another PF that will be worse than Covington?

Just move Towns to PF. It is in the teams best interest. You can live with the couple of times he is beat by his opponent on the perimeter. But you can't live with the amount of times he is not doing his job protecting the rim.

There was even the opportunity to get Clint Capela in the Covington deal but for whatever reason nobody knows Rosas chose Malik Beasley as main piece and Evan Turners expiring - LOL.
Capela alone would've added 10 wins to this years win total.
And all of a sudden the Wolves record of 23-29 does not look as bad anymore considering the bad injury luck they had. Might've even scratched the .500 mark for the second time in the past 15 years. Just look at the Hawks how much they have improved compared to the last season.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,358

Post#196 » by AbeVigodaLive » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:01 pm

Heimdal wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Undrafted. Of course.

That video is pretty funny.

We've already been told that stats lie in this thread. I'm waiting for the post about video lying, too.

[Note: Rubio is a very flawed, overrated player who has a negative VORP this season. He's not helping much at all. But it is possible to critique him with more accuracy.]
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#197 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:26 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Heimdal wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Undrafted. Of course.

That video is pretty funny.

We've already been told that stats lie in this thread. I'm waiting for the post about video lying, too.

[Note: Rubio is a very flawed, overrated player who has a negative VORP this season. He's not helping much at all. But it is possible to critique him with more accuracy.]

Stop being passive aggressive. To whom are you speaking and what point are you trying to make. Which stats, which username, and what does this video show? As far as I can tell, the video shows McConnell is much better than anyone in the game thread wanted to give him credit for. What else does it show us related to Rubio? That Rubio wasn't defending him? I don't get it. Someone claimed (AIJ?) that McConnell worked over Rubio. Is that who you are referring to? Let's see the Rubio video with Rubio minutes so we can see who actually did work Rubio over. Because it seemed like the entire team got worked over.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#198 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:27 pm

Jedzz wrote:

He doesn't have the highest gameIQ on the team as you claim.

Go on, who has the highest BBIQ on the team if not Rubio. I'd like to hear it.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#199 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:31 pm

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

You go on. Tell me why you think he does. I think he has more experience than anyone, I think he has above average game IQ but nothing special. He's down right loopy at other times. Towns easily has as much gameIQ. I would suggest Dlo does as well. It may prove out that McDaniels is loaded up with gameIQ too. So far I would say so. I've watched rubio play for years so you and I can disagree but you aren't changing my mind.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,358

Post#200 » by AbeVigodaLive » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:54 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

You go on. Tell me why you think he does. I think he has more experience than anyone, I think he has above average game IQ but nothing special. He's down right loopy at other times. Towns easily has as much gameIQ. I would suggest Dlo does as well. It may prove out that McDaniels is loaded up with gameIQ too. So far I would say so. I've watched rubio play for years so you and I can disagree but you aren't changing my mind.

Don't worry. No need to get upset. The poster who doesn't know what classifies as a TO... but knows he knows better than the guys who do know what classifies as a TO... knows I was chuckling at him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves