Mavericks Consider Jalen Brunson 'Pretty Much Untoucable'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Mavericks Consider Jalen Brunson 'Pretty Much Untoucable' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:52 pm

While Luka Doncic is the clear franchise player of the Dallas Mavericks, Jalen Brunson has emerged in his third NBA season as perhaps their second most indispensable player. Brunson was the 33rd overall pick in 2018 out of Villanova and is averaging 13.1 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 25.5 minutes per game. 

"By the way, I heard that around the trade deadline the Mavericks got some calls about Jalen Brunson," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "And it basically like 'Luka's obviously untouchable and Jalen is pretty much untouchable. If you're going to offer LeBron, we'll listen.'

"He's being viewed as a foundational core piece going forward."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Re: Mavericks Consider Jalen Brunson 'Pretty Much Untoucable' 

Post#2 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:46 am

I can think of at least 75 players I'd trade him for... :lol:
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,980

Post#3 » by Apz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:28 am

Chi Dynasty12 wrote:I can think of at least 75 players I'd trade him for... :lol:

Maybe. But any of them realistic?
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#4 » by Dino353 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:41 am

Not shocked one bit he is the best backup point guard in the NBA at the moment and the Mavericks don't seem to lose a beat when Doncic leaves the floor and Jalen is out there. We
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#5 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:33 am

I'd like him in Chicago. Mavs still have trey Burke. He's very underatted. Give you everything Brunson does. Plus I hope mavs fans aren't really believing they have a shot against the Lakers or the nuggets. Kinda neck and neck with the clippers. I'd favor the clippers slightly more. I just don't see Luka and porzingis as a championship caliber duo. No disrespect to either of them. Just the west is loaded. Now Utah is scary. I don't know if they match up with them either. But I'd really like Brunson in Chicago. He can start and become a very good player. I'd throw 18 mil at him
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#6 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:42 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:I'd like him in Chicago. Mavs still have trey Burke. He's very underatted. Give you everything Brunson does. Plus I hope mavs fans aren't really believing they have a shot against the Lakers or the nuggets. Kinda neck and neck with the clippers. I'd favor the clippers slightly more. I just don't see Luka and porzingis as a championship caliber duo. No disrespect to either of them. Just the west is loaded. Now Utah is scary. I don't know if they match up with them either. But I'd really like Brunson in Chicago. He can start and become a very good player. I'd throw 18 mil at him
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#7 » by Theo Ratliff » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:06 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:I'd like him in Chicago. Mavs still have trey Burke. He's very underatted. Give you everything Brunson does. Plus I hope mavs fans aren't really believing they have a shot against the Lakers or the nuggets. Kinda neck and neck with the clippers. I'd favor the clippers slightly more. I just don't see Luka and porzingis as a championship caliber duo. No disrespect to either of them. Just the west is loaded. Now Utah is scary. I don't know if they match up with them either. But I'd really like Brunson in Chicago. He can start and become a very good player. I'd throw 18 mil at him

Billy King is that you?
St Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#8 » by St Knick » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:50 pm

untouchable, really?
he's solid and all, but he's no Roddie Beaubois!
:D
KNICKS FAN FOR LIFE
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#9 » by fuller4379 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:22 pm

Why would Brunson want to play from that garbage team?
You can have Trey Burke in you want him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion