ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 101, NYK 99 (26-26)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
3%
Brown
54%
Smart
21%
Timelord
1%
Romeo
5%
Thompson
13%
Pritchard
No votes
Other (team)
3%

Total votes: 99

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,982

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 101, NYK 99 (26-26) 

Post#101 » by jfs1000d » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:15 pm

The Comedian wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:Jaylen made shots in a game where points were very hard to come by. deserves the VC. tatum really has to learn how to play better when the opponent turns up the physicality. last two games have exposed him as a guy who you can be physical with and he will settle for bad shots and turn it over.

The turnovers were an issue, by far the most careless I’ve ever seen him be with the ball. But for the season Tatum has a 10.2 TO rate, Jaylen has an 11.5.

Jaylen went 12-26, Tatum 10-21. They both made shots in a game where points were hard to come by. Part of the reason Tatum settles for bad shots is because he’s the guy other defenses scheme around and try to force into bad shots. The other part of it is just bad habits that he still can’t shake.

Too many shots for both of those guys. 26 shots for Jaylen? Holy Cow.

They also don't get to the line, which is a big problem. Did Jaylen really need to take 26? Could he have passed up six shots and made an extra pass? Just saying, seems like a lot of shots coming from the wings.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,139

Post#102 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:19 pm

pac213up wrote:Brown was aggressive from the start taking it to the rim. More of that please.

And yet he took A LOT of 3's too, although to his credit she shot a really good % from 3.

Overall a very good game for Brown. You could tell by his demeanor and game face, he was locked in. Good defense too and rebounding.

My only complaint with Brown was there was 2 plays where he really forced it, tried to do too much driving to the basket out of control, resulting in turnovers. Between those 2 plays and those 2 absolutely terrible passes by Tatum, there was some really ugly moments by those 2. If we can cut down on those dumb plays, clean it up and get healthy, watch out!
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#103 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:25 pm

Hal14 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:The team didn't fold and fought hard against a team that on paper has less talent. Of course with this team talent isn't necessarily the issue how the pieces fit is. So yeah, I am not going to get super excited about the Celtics beating an average Knicks team who is now the 8th seed in the east,

Team will win against the t-wolves then lose to the nuggets because they cannot beat good teams as the march to finish the season below or at 500 continues.

You people who have such a pessimistic, negative outlook on the team, why even bother watching the games and following them?

You're like someone who hates cupcakes, yet you continue to make cupcakes and eat cupcakes everyday...then go on the internet complaining about how "cupcakes suck"

Give it a rest.

This was a good win. I'll take it.

-The Knicks had the no. 1 ranked defense coming in (in terms of opponent's FG%, opponent's 3 point % and opponent's points per game)
-we were playing shorthanded without 2 of our top 4 scorers (Kemba, Fournier)
-we were coming off a loss to the Sixers, a game where we weren't even close to have a shot at winning
-This was 2nd night of a back to back for the Celtics, whereas the Knicks had an extra day of rest
-No Kemba, and we were 1-6 in our last 7 games without him
-The last time we played the Knicks we got destroyed by 30, it was probably the worst game we've played all year
-While the Knicks are in mid season form, we had 1 guy returning to action after missing 3 weeks (Thompson) and we had another guy (Langford) who was playing in just his 3rd game all year
-We gave a combined 38 mins to 2 guys (Grant and Semi) who probably don't even belong on an NBA roster

And yet, we still won. We grinded it out. Tatum and Brown had a few plays that make you scream at your TV but overall they were awesome. People hate on Smart for his shooting and tell him to stop shooting 3's, especially in the clutch but he proved those people wrong with 2 big 3's late, including the biggest shot of the game at the end. Thompson gave us some really good toughness, rebounding, shot blocks and inside presence. We were down by 5 late in the game and then just a couple mins later we were up by 6. That 11 point turnaround was huge. Usually we're the ones blowing a game like that in the end and struggling to close out games. This was very positive to actually close out a game strong (even though next time we have to do better at not leaving Barrett to open all the time).

This was a big win. The Knicks were tied with us in the standings so now we move past them and can own the tie-breaker vs them if we win the next time we play them (which unfortunately is also on 2nd night of a back to back) but we should have Fournier back by then.

And as for your "march to finish the season below or at 500" comment, what makes you so certain we will finish at or below .500? We have had key players miss more games to injury/illness than any team in the league...it's not even close:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/evan-fournier-absence-highlights-celtics-brutal-luck-covid

That article talks specifically about COVID. If you also take injuries into account (many games missed to injury for Kemba, Smart, Brown, Pritchard, Langford, Time Lord, etc.) it's even more painfully obvious the disadvantage the Celtics have had this season. We're no. 1 ranked in the league this season in terms of games missed by key players to injury/illness. If we were even close to middle of the pack in that category, we'd be 29-23 right now, probably even 30-22. We're healthier now than we've been all year - especially once Fournier comes back, I see no reason we can't make a good run here down the stretch.

Oh and we can't beat good teams?
a) Let's see how we do against good teams with a fully healthy squad. We still have played literally zero games with Tatum/Brown/Smart/Walker/Thompson/Time Lord/Fournier/Langford/Pritchard all together
b) We've beaten the Clippers twice, we've beaten the Bucks twice, we beat the Nuggets, the Hawks, the Grizzlies, the Hornets (all teams over .500 and we beat the Pacers and Warriors (both were over .500 at the time we beat them)

This team has been playing sub 500 ball for 2 month. Kemba is still playing every other game and it seems like Fourier has covid so I would not expect him back for 2 or 3 more weeks. What are you seeing that makes you think this team can make a good run or that they will even be healthy this season? Not sure I would die on the Walker hill. Guy looks cooked and cannot defend a chair and it is up for debate whether or not it is better when he is not playing.

Considering the Knicks are a 500 team and are now 8th place in the east I am not sure I would call that a good win. It was a hard fought entertaining(mostly) game between two average teams fighting for the 7th and 8th seed.

Hawks are not even a good team. Yes they beat them once but they also lost to them twice. Grizz are not good, clippers game was a push because both teams were missing key players. Pacers sucks and the warriors are not good either. Took a miracle shot and shooting to beat the bucks but they did it. Nuggets was a good win. Mentioning the Hornets is a joke though. They were missing 3 key players and just because they have a record over 500 does not make it a good win. I guess you can ignore other teams injuries but when the celtics have injuries its the only reason why they lose. I am not even going to mention how many good teams have blown them out this year or the fact they lost to the cavs once and the pistons twice.

Regardless we will see what happens. I see this team playing the nets, philly or Bucks in the first round but I am guessing you are seeing them finish as a top 4 seed and getting HCA in the first round. We will see who is right.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Hal14
RealGM

Post#104 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:10 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:The team didn't fold and fought hard against a team that on paper has less talent. Of course with this team talent isn't necessarily the issue how the pieces fit is. So yeah, I am not going to get super excited about the Celtics beating an average Knicks team who is now the 8th seed in the east,

Team will win against the t-wolves then lose to the nuggets because they cannot beat good teams as the march to finish the season below or at 500 continues.

You people who have such a pessimistic, negative outlook on the team, why even bother watching the games and following them?

You're like someone who hates cupcakes, yet you continue to make cupcakes and eat cupcakes everyday...then go on the internet complaining about how "cupcakes suck"

Give it a rest.

-The Knicks had the no. 1 ranked defense coming in (in terms of opponent's FG%, opponent's 3 point % and opponent's points per game)
-we were coming off a loss to the Sixers, a game where we weren't even close to have a shot at winning
-This was 2nd night of a back to back for the Celtics, whereas the Knicks had an extra day of rest
-The last time we played the Knicks we got destroyed by 30, it was probably the worst game we've played all year
-While the Knicks are in mid season form, we had 1 guy returning to action after missing 3 weeks (Thompson) and we had another guy (Langford) who was playing in just his 3rd game all year
-We gave a combined 38 mins to 2 guys (Grant and Semi) who probably don't even belong on an NBA roster

And yet, we still won. We grinded it out. Tatum and Brown had a few plays that make you scream at your TV but overall they were awesome. People hate on Smart for his shooting and tell him to stop shooting 3's, especially in the clutch but he proved those people wrong with 2 big 3's late, including the biggest shot of the game at the end. Thompson gave us some really good toughness, rebounding, shot blocks and inside presence. We were down by 5 late in the game and then just a couple mins later we were up by 6. That 11 point turnaround was huge. Usually we're the ones blowing a game like that in the end and struggling to close out games. This was very positive to actually close out a game strong (even though next time we have to do better at not leaving Barrett to open all the time).

This was a big win. The Knicks were tied with us in the standings so now we move past them and can own the tie-breaker vs them if we win the next time we play them (which unfortunately is also on 2nd night of a back to back) but we should have Fournier back by then.

And as for your "march to finish the season below or at 500" comment, what makes you so certain we will finish at or below .500? We have had key players miss more games to injury/illness than any team in the league...it's not even close:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/evan-fournier-absence-highlights-celtics-brutal-luck-covid

That article talks specifically about COVID. If you also take injuries into account (many games missed to injury for Kemba, Smart, Brown, Pritchard, Langford, Time Lord, etc.) it's even more painfully obvious the disadvantage the Celtics have had this season. We're no. 1 ranked in the league this season in terms of games missed by key players to injury/illness. If we were even close to middle of the pack in that category, we'd be 29-23 right now, probably even 30-22. We're healthier now than we've been all year - especially once Fournier comes back, I see no reason we can't make a good run here down the stretch.

a) Let's see how we do against good teams with a fully healthy squad. We still have played literally zero games with Tatum/Brown/Smart/Walker/Thompson/Time Lord/Fournier/Langford/Pritchard all together
b) We've beaten the Clippers twice, we've beaten the Bucks twice, we beat the Nuggets, the Hawks, the Grizzlies, the Hornets (all teams over .500 and we beat the Pacers and Warriors (both were over .500 at the time we beat them)

This team has been playing sub 500 ball for 2 month. Kemba is still playing every other game and it seems like Fourier has covid so I would not expect him back for 2 or 3 more weeks. What are you seeing that makes you think this team can make a good run or that they will even be healthy this season? Not sure I would die on the Walker hill. Guy looks cooked and cannot defend a chair and it is up for debate whether or not it is better when he is not playing.

Considering the Knicks are a 500 team and are now 8th place in the east I am not sure I would call that a good win. It was a hard fought entertaining(mostly) game between two average teams fighting for the 7th and 8th seed.

Hawks are not even a good team. Yes they beat them once but they also lost to them twice. Grizzlies were missing Morant, clippers game was a push because both teams were missing key players. Pacers sucks and the warriors are not good either. Took a miracle shot and shooting to beat the bucks but they did it. Nuggets was a good win. Mentioning the Hornets is a joke though. They were missing 3 key players and just because they have a record over 500 does not make it a good win. I guess you can ignore other teams injuries but when the celtics have injuries its the only reason why they lose.

I am not even going to mention how many good teams have blown them out this year or the fact they lost to the cavs once and the pistons twice.

Regardless we will see what happens. I see this team playing the nets, philly or Bucks in the first round but I am guessing you are seeing them finish as a top 4 seed and getting HCA in the first round. We will see who is right.

Nitpick all you want. Bottom line, you said we can't beat a good team. I proved you wrong.

Kemba only plays every other game, really? Wow, either you have no idea what you're talking about or you're just some hater who loves trolling on the Celtics. Since returning from injury, the Celtics have played 41 games. Kemba has played in 32 of them. That's 78%. But you seem to think he only plays every other game, which would be 50% of games. I'm no mathematician, but 78% is a hell of a lot higher than 50%. We've got 20 games left. 4 of them are 2nd night of back to back. So Kemba is scheduled to play in 16 out of those remaining 20 games, which is 80%.

We don't know when Fournier will be back. You saying 2-3 weeks is just assuming the worst, sounds like you just have a really negative outlook on life in general, I feel bad for you lol. Stevens said all we know for now is he is likely out for "rest of this week" which means he could potentially return Sunday (when it's a new week) vs Denver.

So rest of season, we have 20 games. Kemba sits 4 of them, Fournier sits out 1 (maybe more but all we know is he's out for 1 more). Everyone else is healthy. Our top 9 guys are Fournier/Brown/Tatum/Time Lord/Thompson/Smart/Walker/Pritchard/Langford. So 9 players x 20 games = 180 total possible games played. Kemba will be out for 4, and Fournier out for 1. So that's 175 out of 180, which is 97% so yes, this is by far the healthiest this team has been all year.

Now, how does that 97% compare with how healthy those 9 guys have been during our first 52 games?

Well, 52 games x 9 players = 468 total possible games played from that group of 9 guys. Oh and for this purpose of this exercise we're going to look at Theis before the trade deadline and Fournier after the trade deadline.

Here's how many games played for each guy:

Tatum 46/52
Brown 48/52
Walker 32/52
Smart 33/52
Theis/Fournier 46/52
Langford 3/52
Pritchard 46/52
Thompson 37/52
Time Lord 44/52

So combined, that's 335 games played for this group out of a possible 468 which is 71%.

So our 9 best players have played in 71% of games, but rest of the season are slated to play in 97% of games. Even if Fournier takes longer to return. Let's say he misses another whole week in addition to this week so he doesn't come back until 4/19 vs Chicago. So he'll miss 4 more games (in addition to the 1 we already took into account). So instead of 175 games out of a possible 180 rest of the season, you minus those 4 games and now it's 171 out of a possible 180 games which is still 95%. 95% is a hell of a lot higher than 71%.

So even being very conservative with Fournier's return date, we're going from a team that had our 9 best players only 71% of the time during out first 52 games so a team that has out 9 best players available in 95% of our games the rest of the way. That huge 24% increase should be enough to get us the no. 4 seed. I mean, we're only 1 game back of the 4 seed right now and the teams tied for 4th right now (Hawks and Hornets) are both terrible - according to what you literally just said about them..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#105 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:50 pm

Hal14 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Hal14 wrote:You people who have such a pessimistic, negative outlook on the team, why even bother watching the games and following them?

Give it a rest.

Hawks are not even a good team. Yes they beat them once but they also lost to them twice. Grizzlies were missing Morant, clippers game was a push because both teams were missing key players. Pacers sucks and the warriors are not good either. Took a miracle shot and shooting to beat the bucks but they did it. Nuggets was a good win. Mentioning the Hornets is a joke though. They were missing 3 key players and just because they have a record over 500 does not make it a good win. I guess you can ignore other teams injuries but when the celtics have injuries its the only reason why they lose.

I am not even going to mention how many good teams have blown them out this year or the fact they lost to the cavs once and the pistons twice.

Nitpick all you want. Bottom line, you said we can't beat a good team. I proved you wrong.

Kemba only plays every other game, really? Wow, either you have no idea what you're talking about or you're just some hater who loves trolling on the Celtics. Since returning from injury, the Celtics have played 41 games. Kemba has played in 32 of them. That's 78%. But you seem to think he only plays every other game, which would be 50% of games. I'm no mathematician, but 78% is a hell of a lot higher than 50%. We've got 20 games left. 4 of them are 2nd night of back to back. So Kemba is scheduled to play in 16 out of those remaining 20 games, which is 80%.

We don't know when Fournier will be back. You saying 2-3 weeks is just assuming the worst, sounds like you just have a really negative outlook on life in general, I feel bad for you lol. Stevens said all we know for now is he is likely out for "rest of this week" which means he could potentially return Sunday (when it's a new week) vs Denver.

So rest of season, we have 20 games. Kemba sits 4 of them, Fournier sits out 1 (maybe more but all we know is he's out for 1 more). Everyone else is healthy. Our top 9 guys are Fournier/Brown/Tatum/Time Lord/Thompson/Smart/Walker/Pritchard/Langford. So 9 players x 20 games = 180 total possible games played. Kemba will be out for 4, and Fournier out for 1. So that's 175 out of 180, which is 97% so yes, this is by far the healthiest this team has been all year.

Now, how does that 97% compare with how healthy those 9 guys have been during our first 52 games?

Well, 52 games x 9 players = 468 total possible games played from that group of 9 guys. Oh and for this purpose of this exercise we're going to look at Theis before the trade deadline and Fournier after the trade deadline.

Tatum 46/52
Brown 48/52
Walker 32/52
Smart 33/52
Theis/Fournier 46/52
Langford 3/52
Pritchard 46/52
Thompson 37/52
Time Lord 44/52

So combined, that's 335 games played for this group out of a possible 468 which is 71%.

So our 9 best players have played in 71% of games, but rest of the season are slated to play in 97% of games. Even if Fournier takes longer to return. Let's say he misses another whole week in addition to this week so he doesn't come back until 4/19 vs Chicago. So he'll miss 4 more games (in addition to the 1 we already took into account). So instead of 175 games out of a possible 180 rest of the season, you minus those 4 games and now it's 171 out of a possible 180 games which is still 95%. 95% is a hell of a lot higher than 71%.

So even being very conservative with Fournier's return date, we're going from a team that had our 9 best players only 71% of the time during out first 52 games so a team that has out 9 best players available in 95% of our games the rest of the way. That huge 24% increase should be enough to get us the no. 4 seed. I mean, we're only 1 game back of the 4 seed right now and the teams tied for 4th right now (Hawks and Hornets) are both terrible - according to what you literally just said about them..

TT missed 3 weeks and JT missed 2 when he had covid. Langford was in the protocol for weeks. Fournier was in the protocol because of a false positive. Safe to assume he tested positive so saying he may miss 2 or 3 weeks which isn't that unrealistic.

A bunch of teams are in the same boat with injuries and COVID. Nets starters have missed a ton of games yet they have a good record, Embiid missed 10 games because of injuries yet the sixers are just .5 away from the best record in the east, lakers have been missing AD for over 25 games and James for 9 games yet they are still well above 500. Well-constructed teams find a way to win games while average rosters, understandably, struggle.

Regardless besides the Nets, Bucks and Sixers the east is a complete joke always, especially when the 4th seed in the east has a 26-24 record when the west 4th seed has a 33-18 record.

You think it is the injuries and this team will figure it out with 20 games left which is fine.

My point of view is that this team, even when healthy, isn't well constructed between the weak bench, Walker being cooked and Tatum and Brown, while they have great talent, being iso players that don't always make the players around them better. I

Again I have them as a 7th or 8th seed and you have that as a 4th seed. We will see who is correct in a few weeks.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,013

Post#106 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:51 pm

OldCeltics wrote:I can't believe we beat NY by 2 points. WOoooooooo hooooooo

There's no such thing as morale losses.

edit: I honestly and probably mistakenly feel the need to say more about this. It's been a **** year to be a C's fan, it really has. Injuries, covid, disorganization and generally uninspired play for whatever reason has been a big let down after a nice run last year. No one's fooling themselves into thinking we're going to be anything other than a deserved underdog and probably an early playoff exit unless things miraculously come together. So, while barely missing any games this season through all of it and watching the team blow leads, play down to competition, etc if we finally put together a solid defensive effort, make a couple of comebacks, and shoot clutch shots in the 4th quarter I just want to say yeah, WOOOOOO HOOOOO mother **** for one **** game.

Wooo hooo mother ****, wooo hooo.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,109

Post#107 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:13 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I'm going to value this win. This team is well coached and are the #1 defensice team in the NBA. To catch them on a back to back with like 40ppg on the injury list and still coming out with a W is cool.

I thought Smart was trash until his giant balls of steel came into play when it mattered the most. Jaylen was awesome all night. Tristan probably just won his starting job back lol

Pritchard keeps taking some really deep three's and I don't understand it.

I feel like Tatum being a B- star lately is the reason for our struggles. He needs to go back to being that A+ killer we saw in the playoffs. Covid really **** this kid over.

I'm with you on this other than Smart being trash at all, he played some great defense. Even when Randle tried to back him down he ended up kicking it out to someone else. Everyone, no matter how good a defender, gets beat once in a while but Smart was disruptive as hell and did a nice job moving the ball and getting to the line.

Yeah it was a strong game for Smart. Really good defense, clutch shooting (including hitting the biggest shot of the game), 17 points to go with 9 assists, and brought some good energy/toughness/grittiness. No boneheaded plays. We really can't ask for more from him..

I was talking offensively, but yeah trash was a bit harsh.
♣ A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal ♣ THANK YOU TRUTH! ♣
Hal14
RealGM

Post#108 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:17 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

Tatum 46/52
Brown 48/52
Walker 32/52
Smart 33/52
Theis/Fournier 46/52
Langford 3/52
Pritchard 46/52
Thompson 37/52
Time Lord 44/52

TT missed 3 weeks and JT missed 2 when he had covid. Langford was in the protocol for weeks. Fournier was in the protocol because of a false positive. Safe to assume he tested positive so saying he may miss 2 or 3 weeks which isn't that unrealistic.

A bunch of teams are in the same boat with injuries and COVID. Nets starters have missed a ton of games yet they have a good record, Embiid missed 10 games because of injuries yet the sixers are just .5 away from the best record in the east, lakers have been missing AD for over 25 games and James for 9 games yet they are still playing well.

Regardless besides the Nets, Bucks and Sixers the east is a complete joke anways especially when the 4th seed in the east has a 26-24 record when the west 4th seed has a 33-18 record.

You think it is the injuries and this team will figure it out with 20 games left which is fine.

My point of view is that this team, even when healthy, isn't well constructed between the weak bench, Walker being cooked and Tatum and Brown, while they have great talent, being iso players that don't always make the players around them better. I

Again I have them as a 7th or 8th seed and you have that as a 4th seed. We will see who is correct in a few weeks.

1) Nice COVID stats. Did you know Fournier also missed 1 game with health and safety protocol when he first joined the team? So you can miss 1 game, or you can miss 10, you never know. We don't even know for sure if Fournier has the disease, and if he does, everyone has different recovery times. All we know for sure if Stevens said he's "out for rest of this week"

2) Cool story about the Nets and lakers having some injuries, lol. Perhaps you missed the part of my post where I said our top 9 guys have only played in 335 out of a possible 468 games so far. Here's some math for you. 468 - 335 = 133. So you saying that Embiid missed 10 games or AD has missed 30 games. Are you trying to tell me you think the numbers 10 and 30 are anywhere close to the same ballpark as the number 133? LOL..again, it's not even close. We've had key players miss way more games to injury/COVID than any other team in the league. Just looking at COVID, we've been hit way harder than any other team, here's the data to back it up:

https://www.necn.com/news/national-international/evan-fourniers-absence-highlights-celtics-brutal-luck-with-covid/2441147/

3) The Knicks made the NBA finals in 99 with a 27-23 record, as the 8 seed. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Again, if you're going to be such a downer and hater of the team, why bother watching the games or following them? Why put yourself through the aggravation? I bet you'd be much happier if you just watched American Idol instead. Then again, you'd probably just go on some American Idol message board and constantly post about how much all of the contestants suck :lol:
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#109 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:42 pm

Hal14 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Nitpick all you want. Bottom line, you said we can't beat a good team. I proved you wrong.

Tatum 46/52
Brown 48/52
Walker 32/52
Smart 33/52
Theis/Fournier 46/52
Langford 3/52
Pritchard 46/52
Thompson 37/52
Time Lord 44/52

A bunch of teams are in the same boat with injuries and COVID. Nets starters have missed a ton of games yet they have a good record, Embiid missed 10 games because of injuries yet the sixers are just .5 away from the best record in the east, lakers have been missing AD for over 25 games and James for 9 games yet they are still playing well.

Regardless besides the Nets, Bucks and Sixers the east is a complete joke anways especially when the 4th seed in the east has a 26-24 record when the west 4th seed has a 33-18 record.

1) Nice COVID stats. Did you know Fournier also missed 1 game with health and safety protocol when he first joined the team? So you can miss 1 game, or you can miss 10, you never know. We don't even know for sure if Fournier has the disease, and if he does, everyone has different recovery times. All we know for sure if Stevens said he's "out for rest of this week"

2) Cool story about the Nets and lakers having some injuries, lol. Perhaps you missed the part of my post where I said our top 9 guys have only played in 335 out of a possible 468 games so far. Here's some math for you. 468 - 335 = 133. So you saying that Embiid missed 10 games or AD has missed 30 games. Are you trying to tell me you think the numbers 10 and 30 are anywhere close to the same ballpark as the number 133? LOL..again, it's not even close. We've had key players miss way more games to injury/COVID than any other team in the league. Just looking at COVID, we've been hit way harder than any other team, here's the data to back it up:

https://www.necn.com/news/national-international/evan-fourniers-absence-highlights-celtics-brutal-luck-with-covid/2441147/

3) The Knicks made the NBA finals in 99 with a 27-23 record, as the 8 seed. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Again, if you're going to be such a downer and hater of the team, why bother watching the games or following them? Why put yourself through the aggravation? I bet you'd be much happier if you just watched American Idol instead. Then again, you'd probably just go on some American Idol message board and constantly post about how much all of the contestants suck :lol:

Yeah I understand the numbers but the nets and Lakers are both top heavy teams but so are the Celtics which people seem to forget. When talking about the nets and Lakers you have to at least take into consideration especially when Irving and Durant miss a combined total of 45 games and AD and Lebron miss a combined 35 games it is pretty impactful yes? Yet the nets are 36-16 and the 32-19 which are solid records. Celtics best players are Brown and Tatum, these guys have missed a combined 10 games this yet they are a 500 team.

I don't what else to say you besides you think this teams issues stems 100% from injuries and I think this team has issues with, offense, defense and quite frankly effort even when healthy. Again, we will see in a month where this team ends up but I hope you're correct about this team figuring it out and getting HCA in the first round because that will at least salvage this season.
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Post#110 » by SLCceltic » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:51 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Give it a rest.

Hawks are not even a good team. Yes they beat them once but they also lost to them twice. Grizz are not good, clippers game was a push because both teams were missing key players. Pacers sucks and the warriors are not good either. Took a miracle shot and shooting to beat the bucks but they did it. Nuggets was a good win. Mentioning the Hornets is a joke though. They were missing 3 key players and just because they have a record over 500 does not make it a good win. I guess you can ignore other teams injuries but when the celtics have injuries its the only reason why they lose. I am not even going to mention how many good teams have blown them out this year or the fact they lost to the cavs once and the pistons twice.

if Evan does NOT have covid, we will end up with the #4 seed easily, with no Fournier but a decent Kemba we should still get #4 or #5 pretty easily as we should finish 5-7 games above .500 .....alot of winable games down the stretch !
ROYALGREEN
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#111 » by SLCceltic » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:59 pm

had to give it to big Tristan tonite ! he steadied the ship and had about 6 big winning plays at key moments rebounding, D and getting to the line

easily his best game as a Celtic ! came at a time when we needed all of it !
ROYALGREEN
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#112 » by SLCceltic » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:05 pm

SLCceltic wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Hal14 wrote:You people who have such a pessimistic, negative outlook on the team, why even bother watching the games and following them?

Give it a rest.

if Evan does NOT have covid, we will end up with the #4 seed easily, with no Fournier but a decent Kemba we should still get #4 or #5 pretty easily as we should finish 5-7 games above .500 .....alot of winable games down the stretch !

...that said, I am VERY worried about what we are seeing from Kemba ! he hasn't had a good game in a while !

we have played the toughest part of our sched, our sched has been brutal ....gets much easier esp down the stretch
Fournier will be back before POs
ROYALGREEN
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#113 » by cloverleaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:18 pm

Reading just now how Brown last night blamed the media in part for their poor results so far this year -- https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2021/04/08/jaylen-brown-media-pressure-jayson-tatum-communication -- I'd take back my victory cigar vote for him if I could.
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#114 » by radcot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:42 pm

Spoiler:
Hal14 wrote:

Give it a rest.

Hal14 wrote:
". . . . Oh and we can't beat good teams?
b) We've beaten the Clippers twice, we've beaten the Bucks twice, we beat the Nuggets, the Hawks, the Grizzlies, the Hornets (all teams over .500 and we beat the Pacers and Warriors (both were over .500 at the time we beat them)"

Very well-argued indeed, but, alas, facts are powerless against agendas.
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#115 » by TommyPointGawd » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:55 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:Hey guys real quick, I've been working as a part-time video editor at KnicksFanTV for the last year and I called in to their show last night for postgame (the video starts around when I called in). I basically echoed the board's sentiments on the team if you guys want to hear it:

Speak for yourself big dawg. With all that Smart slander.
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#116 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:03 pm

Tatum and Brown..... Brown and Tatum....And the part timer....Walker... the sum of all of them is pretty good... but none of them can lead a team......Marcus Smart is THE TEAM LEADER... and they all go as he goes...All of em....all the time....I wouldn't trade Smart for any of the others....He's got guts....the others.....not so much....To me... the only future rafter raising in this lot will be that of Marcus Smart!....

Return to Boston Celtics