Who the F is Matt Thomas

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Re: Who the F is Matt Thomas 

Post#21 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:50 pm

I am trying to imagine him as a poor mans Hornacek.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#22 » by AingesBurner » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:31 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:I am trying to imagine him as a poor mans Hornacek.

3rd world poor...
Ingles is cooked.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#23 » by bape_lovers » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:48 pm

unfortunately he has been such a disappointment this year that even when our starters were out for COVID, he couldn't get a shot in getting mins. Good luck with him tho, he is great guy!

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#24 » by CAE15 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:51 am

I think he's kinda Niang insurance for next year if he gets a little more than the jazz want to pay or a bigger role. Bench can turn into Clarkson, Ingles, Favors, Oni, Thomas. Still gives you great spacing and Thomas can just fill his role by being a knockdown shooter. We have other guys who can't defend. So if Thomas can play a bit with say Rudy and Oni. They can cover some of his deficiencies while still spreading the hell out of the court. Rudy frees up so many open looks with his screens. If this guy is as advertised as a shooter. He should be able to eventually chip in 12-15 minutes a night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#25 » by Cappy_Smurf » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:06 am

stitches wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
I'm really hoping Otto or Harkless become available in the buyout market.

Heck give me Gary Payton II, or literally anyone with a pulse and above average defense.

Toronto traded Terence Davis for a second half an hour after our trade was reported. How the hell do you pick to trade for Matt Thomas over Terence Davis? This is mind boggling to me.

Lmao.

Stupid, incompetent Jazz FO ruining the team again. Every single move they make is terrible and they are among the worst in the league, right on the same level as kings and Knicks, right?

It's no wonder the team is always so bad and never going anywhere. Fire everybody. 8-)
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#26 » by stitches » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:11 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
stitches wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Heck give me Gary Payton II, or literally anyone with a pulse and above average defense.

Toronto traded Terence Davis for a second half an hour after our trade was reported. How the hell do you pick to trade for Matt Thomas over Terence Davis? This is mind boggling to me.

Lmao.

Stupid, incompetent Jazz FO ruining the team again. Every single move they make is terrible and they are among the worst in the league, right on the same level as kings and Knicks, right?

It's no wonder the team is always so bad and never going anywhere. Fire everybody. 8-)

God forbid we have opinion different than the Jazz FO. :lol:
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#27 » by goober » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:34 pm

I am never for having blind faith in an organization. obviously we have faith theyre making the right moves, but whats the point of discussing moves if we always agree with them?
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#28 » by pickIBL » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 pm

At Iowa St he was the poor mans fred hoiberg coached by none other than the mayor himself. I guess his nickname should be the councilman.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Utah Jazz