Image ImageImage Image

The Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:46 am

Locking the last thread because it got too long. Continuing discussion here:

The Force. wrote:Pels have not done a great job building around Zion. I don't think Hayes was a great pick in 2019 with shooters like Herro and Cam Johnson still on the board. They then trade for Adams which remains a head scratcher. I also don't love the Van Gundy hire. Then there's Ingram whose ceiling likely caps out at fringe all-star. I agree they should try and ship him to the highest bidder this summer.

Luckily they do have a good amount of draft assets to play with in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Re: The Around The NBA Thread 

Post#2 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 am

I just looked at the box score for the Suns game and noticed Cameron Paynes stats. Is he now a solid NBA player? He struggled badly when he was with the Bulls, but it looks like he's been good for the Suns.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#3 » by jc23 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:07 am

Nets lost to the lakers with no lebron or AD huh.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Portiseyes
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#4 » by Portiseyes » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:08 am

There were 7 games tonight, and not one with a margin of victory less than 15... not a single competitive game. What’s the point of watching?
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#5 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 am

Portiseyes wrote:There were 7 games tonight, and not one with a margin of victory less than 15... not a single competitive game. What’s the point of watching?

Personally, I watch because I enjoy watching basketball. But that’s just me.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#6 » by Devinpo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:08 am

Little Nathan wrote:
Portiseyes wrote:There were 7 games tonight, and not one with a margin of victory less than 15... not a single competitive game. What’s the point of watching?

Personally, I watch because I enjoy watching basketball. But that’s just me.

You never know when a lock out or pandemic will happen again so it’s good to enjoy basketball. Remember how bad it sucked when we didn’t have it for months because of COVID and lock outs?
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#7 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:22 am

HomoSapien wrote:Locking the last thread because it got too long. Continuing discussion here:

The Force. wrote:Pels have not done a great job building around Zion. I don't think Hayes was a great pick in 2019 with shooters like Herro and Cam Johnson still on the board. They then trade for Adams which remains a head scratcher. I also don't love the Van Gundy hire. Then there's Ingram whose ceiling likely caps out at fringe all-star. I agree they should try and ship him to the highest bidder this summer.

Luckily they do have a good amount of draft assets to play with in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Trading for Adams was bad move in general. I am not against picking reliable big man, but trading assets + extension for big not All-Star is wrong move. Specially big man who cant space the floor and shoot well and create. + It's killing their spacing and dynamic with Zion.

Draft is crap shoot. We all know it. After 5 years we can say it's truly crap shoot. Specially if you not picking high enough while rebuilding. I dont wanna see certain Bulls realgmers here "I told you so". But Bulls never really tanked and never picked high enough for not be crap shoot. Which is sad. So can't fault Griffin there. When he got high enough pick he got Zion. That's all what matters.

Resigning Ingram was great decision. You can always flip him if needed. He is young, locked up on contract and still fits on their team without killing his value. You dont trade him just because or necessarily to highest bidder. You trade him as real chip when certain piece in NBA is possibly available for trade to make Pels really great team.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,591

Post#8 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Dan Z wrote:I just looked at the box score for the Suns game and noticed Cameron Paynes stats. Is he now a solid NBA player?

Yes he is a solid NBA player. His first three years in the league, he couldn't score a lick, then partially through the 2019 season his TS% jumped from a bad 50% to a very good 60%, where it has since stayed. Very strange; I am not sure that I have seen before such an immediate and abrupt jump.

He doesn't get a ton of minutes, but the change nevertheless does seem to be permanent.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#9 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Kanter got 30 rebounds last night.

You can say what you want about his defense, but he is still a beast.
The Cult of Personality
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Kanter got 30 rebounds last night.

I don't understand why coaches don't play him more. And yes of course I know about his defense. But he's so dominant on the offensive boards. Most games that I watch him he's creating more offense than he gives up on defense.

For example, in 34 playoff minutes against Miami last season, he had 24 points and 20 rebounds, including 7 offensive boards. You can't tell me that Boston couldn't have benefited from him receiving more minutes.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#11 » by qianlong » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Dan Z wrote:I just looked at the box score for the Suns game and noticed Cameron Paynes stats. Is he now a solid NBA player?

Yes he is a solid NBA player. His first three years in the league, he couldn't score a lick, then partially through the 2019 season his TS% jumped from a bad 50% to a very good 60%, where it has since stayed. Very strange; I am not sure that I have seen before such an immediate and abrupt jump.

He doesn't get a ton of minutes, but the change nevertheless does seem to be permanent.

kind of like Snell. When he moved from Chicago to the Bucks he went from .478 to .603 ts. And he remained close to that in the following seasons. Almost all because this year he moved again from a very good .598 to a crazy .721. Crazy he had that kind of jump twice. I I know limited play, but his numbers are nice anomalies.
He is shooting .571. Not from the floor, from three point line. And he did not miss a ft this season or last.
Ball don't lie
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#12 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Ice Man wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:Kanter got 30 rebounds last night.

I don't understand why coaches don't play him more. And yes of course I know about his defense. But he's so dominant on the offensive boards. Most games that I watch him he's creating more offense than he gives up on defense.

For example, in 34 playoff minutes against Miami last season, he had 24 points and 20 rebounds, including 7 offensive boards. You can't tell me that Boston couldn't have benefited from him receiving more minutes.

Generally speaking, I never understood why coaches don't do a better job of utilizing players to highlight their strengths. I think too many people have preconceived ideas as to what a player should do (production wise) based on their position and some players just don't fit that mold.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:23 pm

qianlong wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

kind of like Snell. When he moved from Chicago to the Bucks he went from .478 to .603 ts. And he remained close to that in the following seasons. Almost all because this year he moved again from a very good .598 to a crazy .721. Crazy he had that kind of jump twice. I I know limited play, but his numbers are nice anomalies.
He is shooting .571. Not from the floor, from three point line. And he did not miss a ft this season or last.

Maybe Snell and Payne both play better in limited roles?
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#14 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 pm

The Hornets are so much better than they should be. Such a fun squad.

Bridges‘ dunk on Capela is a dunk of the year candidate for sure.

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,078

Post#15 » by MrSparkle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Dan Z wrote:
qianlong wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

Maybe Snell and Payne both play better in limited roles?

Snell gave me spectrum vibes. In interviews, he's hyper focused; his eyes don't wander. Or maybe he has no peripheral vision at all.

But once he was left to 2 tasks on a loaded team: man-to-man defense and spot-up shooting, he was obviously talented enough to be a competent 3D wing. Obviously a low-tier one.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,078

Post#16 » by MrSparkle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Wiseman torn meniscus. Not the end of the world, but quite the crash in Bay Area fortune the past 2 years.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#17 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm

Jokic is just annihilating the Celtics defense right now.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#18 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm

Dan Z wrote:Maybe Snell and Payne both play better in limited roles?

Tony quite clearly is a limited player. Starting him would be like starting the late-career versions of Craig Hodges or Trent Tucker. Even if his per-minute production remained constant, he does too little to be a starting player. Those guys are bench shooters, period.

Cam, I don't know. He's playing very good all-around ball now, scoring efficiently if not on high volume, and a 3.5 to 1 turnover to assist ratio. His defense seems to be OK too. Maybe he has improved to where he is a legit NBA starter, or maybe be would crumble under the increased pressure. You got me.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#19 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Nuggets are -23 in 11 minutes without Jokic tonight.

31-3 run for Boston right now. Damn.

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,958

Post#20 » by Wingy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Little Nathan wrote:The Hornets are so much better than they should be. Such a fun squad.

Bridges‘ dunk on Capela is a dunk of the year candidate for sure.

Everyone said they’d crumble losing Lamelo too. Since losing him, they’ve been w/o Hayward for a long stretch as well. Yet they keep plugging away.

Return to Chicago Bulls