ImageImageImage

What's your perfect(realistic) offseason?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

bartlettbear
Sophomore
And1: 17

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#21 » by bartlettbear » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:40 am

Fire RC
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#22 » by Bluelabel24 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:59 am

watching this sixers game tonight.. im praying for an elite defensive coordinator.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#23 » by Bluelabel24 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 am

can we just poach Dave Joerger from sixers?? lol they already have Cassell. After some brief research seems like he is among the elite defensive minds out there, he was mediocre as HC but as assistant he was widely successful. I think he was in charge of that elite memphis defense during the gritngrind era.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#24 » by ejs78 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 am

That's Mosley who some want as the HC...wait you said elite.]
Bluelabel24 wrote:watching this sixers game tonight.. im praying for an elite defensive coordinator.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#25 » by leolozon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:22 am

If that's the perfect realistic scenarios the team is facing, I should be more down on the future of that team than I am. So many "has beens", when our best players are 22yo and 25yo. I wish I saw more players who won't be declining steadily in the next 3 years (other than Ntilikina who's just a bad player).

Am I the only one finding the suggestions depressing?

I can't even say anything, because I only had ideas for this year (during the draft, trade as much as it took to get Haliburton; during the season, trade for Gordon and develop the rookies). I have nothing for next year. Just Lonzo Ball and I don't think he's gettable.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#26 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:51 am

leolozon wrote:If that's the perfect realistic scenarios the team is facing, I should be more down on the future of that team than I am. So many has beens to come help a 22yo an 25yo. I wish I saw more players who won't be declining steadily in the next 3 years (other than Ntilikina who's just a bad player).

I can't even say anything, because I only had idea for this year (during the draft, trade as much as it took to get Haliburton; during the season, trade for Gordon and develop the rookies). I have nothing for next year. Just Lonzo Ball and I don't think he's gettable.

We need vets young guys dont win in this league
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#27 » by Absinthe » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:43 am

These are realistic options mentioned in this thread and sadly those realistic options will get the Mavs a five seed at most. Players like Ibaka and especially Batum aren’t going to move the needle whatsoever. Idealistically, I would rather see the Mavs trade for better players. This year’s free agent list sucks and I don’t want to see the front office spending money just for the hell of it.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#28 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:19 pm

Absinthe wrote:These are realistic options mentioned in this thread and sadly those realistic options will get the Mavs a five seed at most. Players like Ibaka and especially Batum aren’t going to move the needle whatsoever. Idealistically, I would rather see the Mavs trade for better players. This year’s free agent list sucks and I don’t want to see the front office spending money just for the hell of it.

Trade for better players with what....... we have no assets and this is the only year to use cap, ibaka and batum are just depth, conley is the piece, the borderline all star we need.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#29 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:10 pm

I would like Siakam + Lonzo.

Brunson / Powell / JRich (ST) / 2 seconds to Raptors.
Baynes / Siakam to Mavs ..

Trade 2 ...
NOP
In: Maxi / Green
Out: Lonzo (ST)

Mavs
In: Lonzo
Out: Maxi / Green

We are like this ... in the absence of minimums (ring finders)
KP / Baynes
Siakam
DFS
Lonzo / THJ
Luka
1+1=11
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#30 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Why do we want an old non defensive guard in Dragic, why are we trying to sign Conley or thj to 1 year deals. Nothing about this makes sense

You proposed a non defensive guard in Hield, neither of those guys are ones Dallas should target

As a bench scorer replacing a non shooter and it's obvious u don't know **** so no reason to talk to you

Yea the guy who's proposed trades for Wiggins, Hield, Griffin, Howard, etc in the last couple of years is the guy that should be throwing stones
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#31 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I would like Siakam + Lonzo.

Brunson / Powell / JRich (ST) / 2 seconds to Raptors.
Baynes / Siakam to Mavs ..

Trade 2 ...
NOP
In: Maxi / Green
Out: Lonzo (ST)

Mavs
In: Lonzo
Out: Maxi / Green

We are like this ... in the absence of minimums (ring finders)
KP / Baynes
Siakam
DFS
Lonzo / THJ
Luka

That package would never get siskim and if Toronto wanted Richardson and he wanted them they have cap so a snt is unnecessary
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#32 » by realEAST » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:05 pm

Just for kicks, reunite Lowry and DeRozan in Dallas uniform.

Renounce everyones rights and team options (Hardaway, Reddick, Richardson, WCS, etc.) and stretch and waive D. Powell. That opens up around 43 mil in cap space.

Split it between Lowry and DeRozan on three and four year deals respectively, with partial guarantees in last year.

Than add Theis on MLE.

End up with following team - talent level is pretty good, Carlisle just has to figure out rotations, but he has something to work with:

Lowry............Brunson.....Terry
Doncic..........Green
DeRozan.......DFS..........vet min
Kleber............Bey
Porzingis.......Theis........vet min
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#33 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:12 pm

realEAST wrote:Just for kicks, reunite Lowry and DeRozan in Dallas uniform.

Renounce everyones rights and team options (Hardaway, Reddick, Richardson, WCS, etc.) and stretch and waive D. Powell. That opens up around 43 mil in cap space.

Split it between Lowry and DeRozan on three and four year deals respectively, with partial guarantees in last year.

Than add Theis on MLE.

End up with following team - talent level is pretty good, Carlisle just has to figure out rotations, but he has something to work with:

Doncic..........Green
Kleber............Bey

U don't get a mle if u use cap
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#34 » by Darren » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Kawhi Leonard?
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#35 » by realEAST » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Pinkyring wrote:

Than add Theis on MLE.

Doncic..........Green
Kleber............Bey

U don't get a mle if u use cap

You get room MLE which amounts to 4.9 mil
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#36 » by leolozon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:54 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
leolozon wrote:If that's the perfect realistic scenarios the team is facing, I should be more down on the future of that team than I am. So many has beens to come help a 22yo an 25yo. I wish I saw more players who won't be declining steadily in the next 3 years (other than Ntilikina who's just a bad player).

I can't even say anything, because I only had idea for this year (during the draft, trade as much as it took to get Haliburton; during the season, trade for Gordon and develop the rookies). I have nothing for next year. Just Lonzo Ball and I don't think he's gettable.

Do you seriously think the team is winning a championship in the next 2 years? You are putting the cart before the horse.

Even if what you say is true, you still have to have a strong core first. The veteran doesn't have to be a top 3- 4 guy on your team. Veterans are easy to get when the time comes. Veterans go with almost no cost to championship teams.

Banking on a 35+ yo to be one of the best guy on your team in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. So is plugging in old guys who won't develop with the team. This team isn't ready to win a championship, I'm not sure why you are acting like they are and Conley will be the difference in the next 2 years.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#37 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Than add Theis on MLE.

Doncic..........Green
Kleber............Bey

Must rep. Amazing roster.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#38 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 pm

leolozon wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:

Do you seriously think the team is winning a championship in the next 2 years? You are putting the cart before the horse.

Even if what you say is true, you still have to have a strong core first. The veteran doesn't have to be a top 3- 4 guy on your team. Veterans are easy to get when the time comes. Veterans go with almost no cost to championship teams.

Banking on a 35+ yo to be one of the best guy on your team in the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. So is plugging in old guys who won't develop with the team. This team isn't ready to win a championship, I'm not sure why you are acting like they are and Conley will be the difference in the next 2 years.

A 35 year old Paul is Phoenix just fine. Conley very well could be the difference, we are a borderline all star away, he's a borderline all star, at that to luka maturing and KP that's a hell of a big 3. Maybe we don't win a championship in 2 years but it puts us in the conversation. Idk when adding good players became a problem
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#39 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:39 am

I think Brunson-THJ-JRich-DFS-Kleber are good bench, no one of those are contender starting material.
We need a lot of improvements in our roster...give Luka a contender roster please.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#40 » by jpengland » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:50 am

Porzingis and 26 1st for Wiggins and the Minnesota pick.

Bring back JRich and THJ and gain full MLE as an over the cap team.

Draft Evan Mobley (young KG vibes and perfect long term fit with Luka)

Full MLE to Ibaka for two years.

Let WCS and Burke walk. Bring back Melli

Doncic/Brunson/Terry
THJ/JRich/Adams
Wiggins/DFS
Maxi/Melli/Powell
Ibaka/Mobley/Boban

Return to Dallas Mavericks