ImageImageImage

Furkan Should be Starting Over Seth.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Re: Furkan Should be Starting Over Seth. 

Post#61 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Still can’t believe how many people still don’t think he should be starting, he plays so good with the starters everytime his number is called, if I was furkan I would be growing increasingly more frustrated as each game he performs well passes. If he got seth’s 28-29 minutes im sure he would give us more than 12 a game.

Furkan is inconsistent playing with the bench, but when inserted with the starters he ALWAYS plays good.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#62 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:03 pm

davesilver wrote:Really a great storyline with furks improvement. What’s his ceiling? [Colangelo hit a draft pick (lol)?[/B]

Pascal Siakam was the next pick after Korkmaz, and Brogdon was still on the board as well.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,332

Post#63 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:13 pm

LloydFree wrote:
davesilver wrote:Really a great storyline with furks improvement. What’s his ceiling? [Colangelo hit a draft pick (lol)?[/B]

Pascal Siakam was the next pick after Korkmaz, and Brogdon was still on the board as well.

Game 7, fate of the world on the line, I’d choose Furkan to take that game winning shot over Siakam or Brogdon.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#64 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:16 pm

76ciology wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Game 7, fate of the world on the line, I’d choose Furkan to take that shot over Siakam or Brogdon.

If Furkan Korkmaz was playing for you in game 7, you wouldn't be in position for the last shot to matter. You'd be too far behind.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#65 » by Kobblehead » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:25 pm

As many have said, Furkan's willing trigger makes him more desirable fit with the starters than Seth. I honestly don't get why Seth doesn't let it fly more. Feels like he's protecting percentages. Or maybe he's just too small and weak to get enough shooting space. Furkan being 6'7" 200+ is another reason why he's be a better starter.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#66 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Kobblehead wrote:As many have said, Furkan's willing trigger makes him more desirable fit with the starters than Seth. I honestly don't get why Seth doesn't let it fly more. Feels like he's protecting percentages. Or maybe he's just too small and weak to get enough shooting space. Furkan being 6'7" 200+ is another reason why he's be a better starter.

Low and slow release.

Furk is better but Doc prefers to have some cards he can use to shift into extra gears when his starting is faltering. I have my peace on this issue which I kind of raised when the season started.

If you think about it.. the starting unit’s offense is really about setting up Biid at the post. So a guy like Seth would be OK.

When Biid struggles, thats when you explore inserting guys like Shake, Hill or Furkan in the place of Green or Seth.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#67 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:32 pm

LloydFree wrote:
76ciology wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Pascal Siakam was the next pick after Korkmaz, and Brogdon was still on the board as well.

Game 7, fate of the world on the line, I’d choose Furkan to take that shot over Siakam or Brogdon.

If Furkan Korkmaz was playing for you in game 7, you wouldn't be in position for the last shot to matter. You'd be too far behind.

Yeah, but i forgot to mention it’s the space jam. And furk is playing for the Tune squad.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#68 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:39 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:As many have said, Furkan's willing trigger makes him more desirable fit with the starters than Seth. I honestly don't get why Seth doesn't let it fly more. Feels like he's protecting percentages. Or maybe he's just too small and weak to get enough shooting space. Furkan being 6'7" 200+ is another reason why he's be a better starter.

Low and slow release.

FWIW, I don't think Seth or Furkan should be starters, when George Hill is ready. They're both bench players.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#69 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:42 pm

LloydFree wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Low and slow release.

FWIW, I don't think Seth or Furkan should be starters, when George Hill is ready. They're both bench players.

Possible. But I still expect Doc to stick with this starting unit. With possibly inserting Hill, Shake or Furkan when the starting unit is having trouble to control the momentum.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#70 » by Kobblehead » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:51 pm

I honestly prefer Furkan over George in the starting lineup. Sounds crazy, but taking a closer look...

Furkan is making more plays on the defensive end, at the moment.
Furkan is far bigger and stronger than the 6'4" 188 pound George Hill.
Furkan is far more willing slinger at 9 3pa per-36 (Hill is at just 5.6, comparable to Seth's pace)

George has the experience and is a better passer, but Furkan just ticks more boxes for what I think we need right now.

The Pacers already made the mistake of choosing George Hill over some guy. Let's not do the same thing.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#71 » by youngcrev » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Size and not having a particularly quick release are components, but yeah, he could certainly stand to be more aggressive hunting 3s. Redick has talked about adapting his game to side step on close outs rather than stepping in, and that's something Seth could stand to look at. 21.1% of his attempts come in the 16-3P range, and I'd guess the majority of that stems from getting run off the line. Even with him being a great midrange shooter, the math overwhelmingly favors the 3 point shot. Particularly when your top two scoring threats already live in that midrange so much (which I'm fine with, but then your role players gotta jack 'em)
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#72 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:44 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Size and not having a particularly quick release are components, but yeah, he could certainly stand to be more aggressive hunting 3s. Redick has talked about adapting his game to side step on close outs rather than stepping in, and that's something Seth could stand to look at. 21.1% of his attempts come in the 16-3P range, and I'd guess the majority of that stems from getting run off the line. Even with him being a great midrange shooter, the math overwhelmingly favors the 3 point shot. Particularly when your top two scoring threats already live in that midrange so much (which I'm fine with, but then your role players gotta jack 'em)

That guy is going to kill us in the playoffs with this. It's the reason Milwaukee's role players, the last two years, haven't done anything in the playoffs. Standstill shooters get run off the line in the playoffs.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#73 » by Sixerscan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:54 pm

LloydFree wrote:
davesilver wrote:Really a great storyline with furks improvement. What’s his ceiling? Colangelo hit a draft pick (lol)?

Wasn't the best possible pick in retrospect but getting a guy that can play in a regular season rotation on a team that is winning games is a good outcome for a pick in that range.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#74 » by youngcrev » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:36 pm

LloydFree wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

That guy is going to kill us in the playoffs with this. It's the reason Milwaukee's role players, the last two years, haven't done anything in the playoffs. Standstill shooters get run off the line in the playoffs.

I think teams already make a concerted effort to run him off the line, so I'm not sure there will be that big of a change in the playoffs for him. Hell, the opposite might be true in the postseason for our spot up guys with how hard teams are going to be doubling Embiid. Particularly in a series against a team like the Nets, whose coverage falls apart beyond the first defensive rotation.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#75 » by youngcrev » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
davesilver wrote:Really a great storyline with furks improvement. What’s his ceiling? Colangelo hit a draft pick (lol)?

Wasn't the best possible pick in retrospect but getting a guy that can play in a regular season rotation on a team that is winning games is a good outcome for a pick in that range.

Bad draft pick.

Good second contract, scrap heap signing.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#76 » by youngcrev » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:56 pm

While I know the defensive metrics favor Korkmaz over Curry, and he's actually been getting his hands on the ball quite frequently lately... There's just no way that teams won't be attacking him off the dribble relentlessly in the playoffs. Just screen after screen to get that matchup with clown shoes. Not that Curry won't also be a target since he's the obvious weak link defensively, I just don't think it will be anywhere near as extreme as if/when Kork gets on the floor.

Zero statistics to back that take up btw, so don't ask, but does anyone not feel like it's true?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#77 » by Sixerscan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 pm

youngcrev wrote:While I know the defensive metrics favor Korkmaz over Curry, and he's actually been getting his hands on the ball quite frequently lately... There's just no way that teams won't be attacking him off the dribble relentlessly in the playoffs. Just screen after screen to get that matchup with clown shoes. Not that Curry won't also be a target since he's the obvious weak link defensively, I just don't think it will be anywhere near as extreme as if/when Kork gets on the floor.

Zero statistics to back that take up btw, so don't ask, but does anyone not feel like it's true?

I think Seth is better at recovering on screens so he can avoid being isolated.

Of course part of that is playing with Ben more who is probably as good at fighting through screens as anyone in the league.

It wouldn't shock me if Furkan eventually became a passable defender, he's not woefully deficient from an athleticism or length standpoint. He's 7 years younger than Curry after all.

The steals are kind of nuts, he has 12 in his last 4 games after having 103 in his first 175 games.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#78 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:08 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
youngcrev wrote:While I know the defensive metrics favor Korkmaz over Curry, and he's actually been getting his hands on the ball quite frequently lately... There's just no way that teams won't be attacking him off the dribble relentlessly in the playoffs. Just screen after screen to get that matchup with clown shoes. Not that Curry won't also be a target since he's the obvious weak link defensively, I just don't think it will be anywhere near as extreme as if/when Kork gets on the floor.

I think Seth is better at recovering on screens so he can avoid being isolated.

Of course part of that is playing with Ben more who is probably as good at fighting through screens as anyone in the league.

It wouldn't shock me if Furkan eventually became a passable defender, he's not woefully deficient from an athleticism or length standpoint. He's 7 years younger than Curry after all.

The steals are kind of nuts, he has 12 in his last 4 games after having 103 in his first 175 games.

He's like top 20 in the NBA, in Steals per 36, for the year now.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#79 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:04 am

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Plus, there's only one ball. Sometimes it's good to have players you'd rather not pass the ball to.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#80 » by Sixerscan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 am

Stanford wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Pascal Siakam was the next pick after Korkmaz, and Brogdon was still on the board as well.

Plus, there's only one ball. Sometimes it's good to have players you'd rather not pass the ball to.

Many people are saying this.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers