TRADE DEADLINE 4-12!!!

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

TRADE DEADLINE 4-12!!! 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:51 pm

The Hawks are in a situation basically so bizarre it has to be explained:

Because they have so much high level talent and contracts on LTIR they can take on cap numbers this season they normally wouldn’t be able to.

Teams looking to add at the deadline or if they have their own players coming off LTIR will have to park their bad deals somewhere. There you have the Hawks.

One deal I’ve seen is the horrible 4.5 years @ 4.02mil per on Pitt Dman Marcus Peterson. They want to move it and hawks are thee only team to be able to do it.

For me it starts and ends with a 1st rounder AND a B rated prospect. That’s a long term deal to take on despite him just being 24.

On the rumor mill from hawks I’d have these guys firmly on the “could be had for this” market...

Matthias Janmark - asking 2nd may take a 3rd
Carl Soderberg - asking a 3rd may take a 4th
Calvin De Haan - asking a 3rd may take a 4th
Lucas Wallmark - asking a 4th may take a prospect
Dylan Strome - asking a late 1st would take A prospect
Matthew Highmore - asking a 3rd may take a B prospect
Lucas Carlsson - asking a 3rd may take a B prospect

That’s kind of where I’m at with our players. I think Janmark and Soderberg are front and center here and the most likely to be moved. More likely is our cap space being sold for picks or prospects.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: TRADE DEADLINE 4-12!!! Hawks Make Moves! 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:11 pm

Well a lot has happened!

Vinnie Hinostroza for Brad Morrison (Olli Maata deal)

Just acquired RW Brett Connolly (2 more years at 3.5aav), D Riley Stilman, and C Henrik Borgstrom, with a 2021 7th

For ?

Lucas Carlsson and Lucas Wallmark

Look this deal is basically if you take on Connollys 2/7m deal we will give you 23 year old center Borgstrom

All the other players are irrelevant

Honestly like this deal quite a bit. Borgstrom has a lot of top 6 center skill and is right there on the verge of being a true nhl player.

Connolly is ok - nothing more than a vet middle 6 wing and stilman fits into the Carlson role here as an average or fringe nhl 3rd pair guy.... again this deal was you pay connollys salary and you get Borgstrom for next season
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: TRADE DEADLINE 4-12!!! 

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:13 pm

Brad Morrison will never play in the nhl but vinnie is a 100pt career player whom played awesome his 1st game

Big wins here

Have to think Janmark is super expendable now with Connolly in same role

If we get a 2nd or B prospect then it’s huge.... 3rd or 2 C prospects then it’s meh
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: TRADE DEADLINE 4-12!!! 

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:33 pm

Trade recap - impressive day for Stan!

Out: Lucas Wallmark, Carl Soderberg, Mattias Janmark, Lucas Carlsson, Madison Bowey, Brad Morrison, and 2 5th round picks

In: Brett Connolly, Riley Stillman, Henrik Borgstrom, Vinnie Hinostroza, Nick DeSimone, Ryder Rolston, Josh Dickinson, 2021 2nd rd / 4th rd, and 7th rd, 2022 3rd rd

Ok so yea we have given up NOTHING and gotten back what I think are 2 great assets and 3 good assets.

Way to go!

Return to Chicago Blackhawks