ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Kings @ Mavs (Sunday, 7:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: RS 20/21 - Kings @ Mavs (Sunday, 7:30PM EST) 

Post#81 » by ejs78 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 am

If Rick does get canned which I don't think will happen until next year if they don't improve I would look to the G League for the next coach.
Bluelabel24 wrote:
Archx wrote:Rick lost to Luke Walton and Mavs ended Kings 9 game losing streak.

just terrible coaching for the past few weeks from RC.. i know us fans have broached this but WHO could be a good candidate to replace him?? should we start with a defensive coordinator to put RC on notice that if you dont improve this guy would take your job or do we start with head coach position right away?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#82 » by leolozon » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 am

Lost in all this, I think Luka went 1/2 five times at the FT line. I'm pretty sure that's a first. I think he was short on all 5 FTs he missed. It's really sad when you feel stress every time a guy is shooting FTs and you are relieved when he hits two in a row.

-20, but I think it's KP and Richardson dragging him down.

I don't know why RC doesn't just change the starting lineup. Just put THJ back in and JRich on the bench. I would say "put Brunson as a starter", but I can't imagine what the bench would look like. I have tried to be hopeful about JRich, but I think it's slowly becoming an official failure.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#83 » by Absinthe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:08 am

leolozon wrote:Lost in all this, I think Luka went 1/2 five times at the FT line. I'm pretty sure that's a first. I think he was short on all 5 FTs he missed. It's really sad when you feel stress every time a guy is shooting FTs and you are relieved when he hits two in a row.

-20, but I think it's KP and Richardson dragging him down.

I don't know why RC doesn't just change the starting lineup. Just put THJ back in and JRich on the bench. I would say to put Brunson as a starter, but I can't imagine what the bench would do. I have kept being hopeful about JRich, but I think it's slowly becoming an official failure.

Richardson has been pretty bad. I would put THJ back in the starting line up at this point.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#84 » by Pinkyring » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 am

Im seriously questioning at this point will Richardson take his opt out? It was a no brainer but as bsd as he's been will he really get more than mle from a team?
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#85 » by leolozon » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:18 am

Pinkyring wrote:Im seriously questioning at this point will Richardson take his opt out? It was a no brainer but as bsd as he's been will he really get more than mle from a team?

I think there's a good chance he opts in. Unless he decides to sign one year with another team just to show that he can do better than on the Mavs. He won't want to sign a long term contract while his value is at an all-time low.

The guy has been regressing for 3 straight years! I thought his 3pt shooting would go up playing with Luka and it's going way down. I really wonder what that team would look like with Curry.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#86 » by ejs78 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 am

I don't know what role it will play if any but Luka and JRich have the same agent.
leolozon wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Im seriously questioning at this point will Richardson take his opt out? It was a no brainer but as bsd as he's been will he really get more than mle from a team?

I think there's a good chance he opts in. Unless he decides to sign one year with another team just to show that he can do better than on the Mavs. He won't want to sign a long term contract while his value is at an all-time low.

The guy has been regressing for 3 straight years! I thought his 3pt shooting would go up playing with Luka and it's going way down. I really wonder what that team would look like with Curry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#87 » by Pinkyring » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:35 am

Another zero night for maxi. He should be dumped this summer
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#88 » by Bluelabel24 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:47 am

Pinkyring wrote:Another zero night for maxi. He should be dumped this summer

it would be tough for fans to accept him getting traded given his cheap contract but to get something of value you gotta give somone of value.. we cant expect to offer some poo poo platter and expect great returns. maxi gonna open a lot of possible targets if he is in the convo
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#89 » by Pinkyring » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Another zero night for maxi. He should be dumped this summer

it would be tough for fans to accept him getting traded given his cheap contract but to get something of value you gotta give somone of value.. we cant expect to offer some poo poo platter and expect great returns. maxi gonna open a lot of possible targets if he is in the convo

9m isn't cheap for a 7 and 5 guy that's become miserable defensively and he's 30, it's not a value contract, he looks overpaid most nights at this point
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#90 » by BlueSan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 am

Look in the NBA anyone if they have a good night can theoretically beat anyone. But if you are playing like crap of course those odds go up.

KP = is causing massive problems to the defense. I'll say it again...

And the most frustrating thing for me is how everyone is shutting their lips and talking about some general stuff like.

WE NEED TO PLAY HARDER - I mean no **** sherlock...but you cant just be saying it every freaking game. Maybe you lapse for 1
NE NEED TO BRING ENERGY - Yeah so...? Next game same stuff? And same words?

I mean what the hell is that, those are actually the EASIEST things to do in basketball. TRYING HARD, playing with ENERGY. You just do it. When you are not GOOD enough to score, not GOOD ENOUGH to make stops, thats the problem. If it is just energy and trying hard that is easy.
UNLESS your team is a mess and you DO NOT WISH to TRY hard for this coach, this group of guys.

Cause yeah I dont see the energy and EFFORT also. So something is wrong with this team + it is not good enough anyway, so go figure.

As for Luka, get yourself in shape man...
Pofukauskas
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#91 » by Pofukauskas » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 am

LOL Move along people, nothing to see here...just fat Doncic and some random, soft, undersized scrubs playing BRickball
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#92 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:44 am

Carlisle's job must be in question after this one. Sucks to be him right now.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#93 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:35 am

I don't believe different coach could do much more. Problem is in roster. Mavs gave away Barnes and Seth for nothing. Majority of playoffs teams have got better, Mavs have worse roster than before.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#94 » by Archx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:20 am

Bob8 wrote:I don't believe different coach could do much more. Problem is in roster. Mavs gave away Barnes and Seth for nothing. Majority of playoffs teams have got better, Mavs have worse roster than before.

You are right, but specifically in this game, it also didn't help that Luka played like he didn't care for 3 Q's. He came alive in the 4th and played with a lot more energy. I mean losing to Luke Walton and these Kings is a huge head scratcher, but when your star player, your number one guy, plays really dumb for the most of the game, i can't put entire blame on the coach. KP also didn't do anything. Kings were scoring on him left and right lol....
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,337

Post#95 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 am

I turned it off after the 1st quarter because I didn't like what I saw, apparently the 2nd quarter was were the action happened.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,337

Post#96 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 am

Bob8 wrote:I don't believe different coach could do much more. Problem is in roster. Mavs gave away Barnes and Seth for nothing. Majority of playoffs teams have got better, Mavs have worse roster than before.

You're right, but history says the coach pays the price, I hope they don't make a rash decision, refresh the roster in the off season and give it one more try, there aren't better options than RC out there, maybe replace Silas with someone good and upgrade defensive assistant.
I do think Donnie needs to go, drafting Green when Bey, RC type of player, was on board, in general, your coach doean't like projects, 2020 is your last meaningful draft, you don't gamble on projects, trading Curry, a shooter on a bargain contract and gaining nothing, are just mistakes too hard to pass, if you want to build around Luka, failure to bring a defensive big, missing out of Aaron Grodon, a plyer that fits this team needs like a glove, you need a better resource management.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#97 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:36 am

Archx wrote:

You are right, but specifically in this game, it also didn't help that Luka played like he didn't care for 3 Q's. He came alive in the 4th and played with a lot more energy. I mean losing to Luke Walton and these Kings is a huge head scratcher, but when your star player, your number one guy, plays really dumb for the most of the game, i can't put entire blame on the coach. KP also didn't do anything. Kings were scoring on him left and right lol....

In more or less every playoffs team they can win even without their best player or when the best player is having bad game. Mavs are just hopeless, when that happens. I said before this last losing streak. You cannot expect from Luka to shoot 45% from 3. That and Brunson playing phenomenal were the only reasons for Mavs winning so many games in February and March.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#98 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:04 pm

The roster is very limited and we hunderstood this, but Rick could try to change something...maybe the rotation, maybe the playbook or maybe something else.
We live and die with the same 8players and with the 3 point shooting. Stop.

It's time for Rick to start coaching. Please.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#99 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:32 pm

The thing with RIck is he's a veteran coach. He expects you to suck it up and show up for work the next day. This thing typically doesnt mesh well with a very young team needing babysitting. For the Jason Kidds and the veterans of the league, sure. But with an under-25 team you will need a bit more rope. I dont know if he gets canned for this. The unemployed options arent exactly inspiring confidence either.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#100 » by Archx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:09 pm

I didn't even notice this, holy **** KP was bad. :banghead: Ended with 88 ORTG and almost -8 BPM :nonono:

Read on Twitter

And obligatory same old story from Rick.

Read on Twitter

Return to Dallas Mavericks