Why hasn’t Austin Rivers been picked up yet ?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

StreakyJ
Sophomore
And1: 35

Re: Why hasn’t Austin Rivers been picked up yet ? 

Post#21 » by StreakyJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:52 am

queridiculo wrote:
Nate the Great wrote:Rivers is a very average player who seems to think he’s a superstar. I would imagine he’s not very popular with other players, although I have no proof of that. It’s possible that players are blackballing him.

Average?

That's very flattering, he's terrible.

Thibideau been hearing (from mainstream, not real ballers) for 15 years how Doc won a championship in Boston. Why it took him about 15 minutes to know Austin was gonna be sent prickly Austin packing. Thibideau needs that oversteer trying to emulate daddy's alpha like he needs a hole in his head. Only thing I can't figure out is if Austin is more entitled or embarassed by the overpay to fuel his attitude.

Clippers should have taken the above-market-rate portion out of Austin's bloated-ass contract out of Doc's bloated-ass contract at the time. Would have righted the basketball universe. Never did, never has, and that Juju following mega-hubris Doc around ever since and won't stop. Phili ain't winning #@%^ under Doc, they have his same lack of urgency, he's too disconnected with golf game and his growing self-affirming celebrity 'player's coach' status including newly annointed political mouthpiece and BLM marketing prop with the league, fueling his growing responses to last year LAC and prior Lob City embarassing and hard-to-explain series losses.

So no, Austin's overall effect is negative. He can't get far enough from his own rep and Doc's if he tried. Other players to gamble on at this point. Unless maybe a LBJ level player to overshadow even Doc's hubris.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#22 » by Rockazoids » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:00 am

StreakyJ wrote:his growing self-affirming celebrity 'player's coach' status including newly annointed political mouthpiece and BLM marketing prop with the league,

So you have a problem with Doc thinking black life matter? Or are you saying he should just shut up and coach?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Itzmotto
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#23 » by Itzmotto » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:57 pm

I think Hes a solid back up... but obviously never worked on defense.
i like his fit on Denver for bench scoring.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#24 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:25 am

Ballerhogger wrote:He’s still decent scorer is he not ? And can shoot decent as well? Why hasn’t s team signed him yet ?

Because he's a scrub!
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#25 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:45 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:He’s still decent scorer is he not ? And can shoot decent as well? Why hasn’t s team signed him yet ?

Because he's a scrub!

I guess... someone gotta need guard
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 156

Post#26 » by ThaFranchize84 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 am

Wondering if Miami takes a looks at him in a week or so when they can sign a 15th player and stay below the tax. Especially with Vic’s uncertain future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#27 » by StreakyJ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:52 am

Rockazoids wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:his growing self-affirming celebrity 'player's coach' status including newly annointed political mouthpiece and BLM marketing prop with the league,

So you have a problem with Doc thinking black life matter? Or are you saying he should just shut up and coach?

I wish the Black Lives of Lob City and Los Angeles mattered more to him than to abuse the grand hubris of his dual GM/Head Coach role to badly overpaying Austin (bribery for not fostering an actual relationship with him as LAC expense? hmmmmmm like right out of the playbook of a corrupt politician), alienating Chris Paul, that team specifically, and any half-smart Clippers fan in the process. Lack of accountability. Bad playoff losses. Four 1st round picks for Paul George. Doesn't take a genious to see it that Doc ain't all that dialed in. But sure, try to steer it into a political thing with BLM to show how little you get that NBA is a BUSINESS that rode the BLM wave (that ironically only shows up every 4 years before an election) for ratings.

And love how Lloyd Pierce, the network BLM darling mouthpiece NBA coach, got fired by his own players. Dude was fake as hell.

I'll take Nate McMillan over either of those two any day of the week.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#28 » by BullyKing » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 am

StreakyJ wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:

I wish the Black Lives of Lob City and Los Angeles mattered more to him than to abuse the grand hubris of his dual GM/Head Coach role to badly overpaying Austin (bribery for not fostering an actual relationship with him as LAC expense? hmmmmmm like right out of the playbook of a corrupt politician), alienating Chris Paul, that team specifically, and any half-smart Clippers fan in the process. Lack of accountability. Bad playoff losses. Four 1st round picks for Paul George. Doesn't take a genious to see it that Doc ain't all that dialed in. But sure, try to steer it into a political thing with BLM to show how little you get that NBA is a BUSINESS that rode the BLM wave (that ironically only shows up every 4 years before an election) for ratings.

And love how Lloyd Pierce, the network BLM darling mouthpiece NBA coach, got fired by his own players. Dude was fake as hell.

The topic of this thread is why Austin Rivers hasn't been signed by a team. If the topic is not of interest to you, that's fine. What you cannot do is derail the thread with another of your off-topic rants.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#29 » by StreakyJ » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:42 am

BullyKing wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:So you have a problem with Doc thinking black life matter? Or are you saying he should just shut up and coach?

The topic of this thread is why Austin Rivers hasn't been signed by a team. If the topic is not of interest to you, that's fine. What you cannot do is derail the thread with another of your off-topic rants.

1) Responded to dude's comme
2) It's relevant Austin's last name is Rivers, there was obvious favortism shown to him, current coaches don't want that stank in their locker room, and neither Doc or Austin have done much to wash it off.

And I will never apologize to any of you for my rants. If 10% of you have played college basketball let alone varsity HS basketball I'd be suprised. Why 90% of you make all your decisions off stats and numbers and have no real feel for the game.

Aloha moderator man.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#30 » by BullyKing » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:29 am

StreakyJ wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:

2) It's relevant Austin's last name is Rivers, there was obvious favortism shown to him, current coaches don't want that stank in their locker room, and neither Doc or Austin have done much to wash it off.

And I will never apologize to any of you for my rants. If 10% of you have played college basketball let alone varsity HS basketball I'd be suprised. Why 90% of you make all your decisions off stats and numbers and have no real feel for the game.

Aloha moderator man.

Maybe you'll be more inclined to stop derailing once you're back from your vacation. Someone mentioning a last name does not give you freedom to derail a thread to discuss anything you want about anyone else also sharing the name.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#31 » by StreakyJ » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:33 am

BullyKing wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Aloha moderator man.

Maybe you'll be more inclined to stop derailing once you're back from your vacation. Someone mentioning a last name does not give you freedom to derail a thread to discuss anything you want about anyone else also sharing the name.

Ask Chris Paul if he thinks "sharing the same name" is relevant. God help you see the connection, you are a moderator after all.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,452

Post#32 » by Myth » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:14 pm

If Portland doesn't offer Rondae Hollis-Jefferson a contract for the remainder of the season, I would hope Portland gives Rivers a look.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#33 » by Fo-Real » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Denver is probably calling.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#34 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:53 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Denver is probably calling.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#35 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm

Only got a 10 day with Denver, not even a rest of season deal.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#36 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Only got a 10 day with Denver, not even a rest of season deal.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Flip side is he could be playoff eligible for a different team if this doesn’t work out.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#37 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 pm

I believe this is obligatory.

;ab_channel=bloodsploosh
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#38 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Good signing, Austin definitely can help
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#39 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm

bondom34 wrote:I believe this is obligatory.

;ab_channel=bloodsploosh

he definitely has changed... I am liking the current Austin a lot better
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss

Return to Trades and Transactions